SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock with some explanations (Michkov drops to 12th)

Mock with some explanations (Michkov drops to 12th)

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Jun. 3, 2023 at 3:02 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Off the board, but hughes loves this guy according to articles
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Keith jones wants to build the franchise around the blue line. The guy he and briere love is asp.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Michkov is debatable but mccellan wants guys that can play asap. Either dvorsky or benson for this one, i prefer benson
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Stevie y has been scouting moore hard
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Off the board, especially with michkov available. But the canucks reportedly want a center, danielson is a great pick
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsMichkov not being at the nhl combine combined with the character issues will hurt his chances of being drafted in the top 10. Arizona reportedly loves reinbacher but can afford to wait on michkov.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Steal
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersOff the board but yzerman loves this guy. Wouldnt be shocked if hes the pick at 9th. Hes 30th on my rankings so honzek will 100% be available at this spot.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-My jets were so hard to predict. Just went with BPA
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
22Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles KingsOff the board but this guy has top 10 talent all over.
23Logo of the New York Rangers-Cristall will fall on draft day. Pure skill cristall has top 10 talent. But he is very slow on his feet and is small.
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas Stars
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersSome people will think this is a reach, i totally get it, but hughes loves his slovaks
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Jun. 3, 2023 at 3:57 p.m.
RMNB
If Michkov is on the board at 8 there is no chance at all that the caps don't take him. He is the second best player in this draft behind Bedard. Ovi will be able to get him off his contract sooner than expected as well.
JoeROFLCOPTER, Z0ra, Caps1974ever and 2 others liked this.
Jun. 3, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: RMNB
If Michkov is on the board at 8 there is no chance at all that the caps don't take him. He is the second best player in this draft behind Bedard. Ovi will be able to get him off his contract sooner than expected as well.

Like this is exactly what will happen if he drops [which would surprise me considering he is by all means the 2nd best player in the draft].

Ovi is the biggest Russian in the game -- he has a LOT of influence and power in Russia and the KHL.
Z0ra, Juraj_Cauzuki and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 3, 2023 at 4:19 p.m.
power forward

Michkov nhl arrival: 3 years
Dvorsky and benson nhl arrival: maybe nhl ready, at most 1 year
Picked benson cause of skating

Benson will be in the NHL sooner than Michkov, size really doesnt matter
Jun. 3, 2023 at 4:27 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: Z0ra

Michkov is still much better than Benson. Only reason why he drops is because of position and his situation. As for being ready, Michkov is probably the most NHL ready player projected to go into the top 10 excluding Bedard -- he's playing in a men's league.
aedoran liked this.
Jun. 3, 2023 at 4:28 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Michkov is still much better than Benson. Only reason why he drops is because of position and his situation. As for being ready, Michkov is probably the most NHL ready player projected to go into the top 10 excluding Bedard -- he's playing in a men's league.

Plus, as said, I'm sure Ovi will have no issue being able to get him out of his KHL contract.
aedoran and Juraj_Cauzuki liked this.
Jun. 3, 2023 at 5:23 p.m.
power forward
Plus, as said, I'm sure Ovi will have no issue being able to get him out of his KHL contract.

So does that mean that ovi can get michkov out of the KHL sooner?
Jun. 3, 2023 at 7:26 p.m.
Joe

A contract can always be mutually terminated.
Jun. 3, 2023 at 11:57 p.m.
RMNB

ovi will help get him out of russia a year to two early and the caps will land themselves the second best player in the draft.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 12:27 a.m.

A contract can always be mutually terminated.

ovi will help get him out of russia a year to two early and the caps will land themselves the second best player in the draft.

I could see the KHL releasing Michkov 1-2 years earlier if there's a deal where Ovechkin is going to the KHL in 3 years after his NHL contract ends.

Caps would get 1 or 2 full seasons of Ovechkin and Michkov together.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:29 a.m.
I don't see him making it to 9 but he wouldn't make it past the 9th pick. Detroit's biggest need is high end offensive talent and Michkov would take care of that and would be well worth the wait.

Not how it works. The NHL and the KHL have an agreement but since Russia's invasion of the Ukraine there has been no contact between the leagues. So technically if he could just come to North America and play. I'm not sure if the NHL would turn a blind eye or not. I don't know how much he is making but It's probably more than double what he would make on an ELC. So even if he could get out of his KHL contract would he want to?
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 9:32 p.m.
Bedard23
Where have you gotten that Michkov had character issues?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll