Forums/Armchair-GM

Realistic Offseason

Created by: flyersfan412
Team: 2023-24 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 4, 2023
Published: Jun. 4, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Tried to keep it realistic and unbiased with the returns. Erik Johnson was signed to replace Braun. Tokarski was signed as an extra goalie. Didn't focus too much on the low end RFAs. Lines can also change, didn't put much thought into them.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$900,000
2$2,000,000
3$2,250,000
3$3,500,000
1$900,000
1$900,000
1$1,100,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$900,000
1$1,750,000
1$950,000
Trades
PHI
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (CBJ)
CBJ
  1. Hayes, Kevin ($3,500,000 retained)
Additional Details:
CBJ is the most rumored destination. They have two thirds this year so if they're that interested in him, they'll give up one as long as PHI retains half.
PHI
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (MIN)
Additional Details:
Flyers get something they don't have this year-a second round pick.
MIN
  1. Deangelo, Anthony
  2. 2025 7th round pick (PHI)
Additional Details:
MIN gets Dumba replacement.
PHI
  1. Bourgault, Xavier
  2. 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
  3. 2025 3rd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Konecny, Travis
Additional Details:
Oilers make their big move of the offseason. Arguably Stanley Cup favorites if they get good goaltending.
PHI
  1. Grans, Helge
Additional Details:
Provorov's contract gives him little value considering he's not that good so you have to retain somthing. Assuming a GM takes a risk on him, Grans is a decent return that'll help the Flyers prospect pool.
LAK
  1. Provorov, Ivan ($2,000,000 retained)
  2. 2023 6th round pick (OTT)
PHI
  1. 2024 5th round pick (BOS)
BOS
  1. Seeler, Nick
Additional Details:
There has apparently been interest so why not send him off. Location can be anywhere but I was thinking Boston because Clifton, Forbort, and maybe even Grzelcyk are leaving this summer.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
25$83,500,000$67,665,667$1,187,500$397,500$15,834,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$7,750,000$7,750,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C
RFA - 2
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$785,000$785,000
RW
RFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
C
UFA
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
RW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RW, C
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$5,100,000$5,100,000
RD
UFA - 4
$3,979,000$3,979,000
G
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 1
$903,333$903,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LD
RFA - 3
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$847,500$847,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
RFA - 2
$859,167$859,167 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
G
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RD
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 4, 2023 at 6:24 p.m.
Banned
The returns on all of these trades are off. Some too much and some not enough. If you retain 3.5M on Hayes u 100% get more than a 3rd back. TDA will 100% take retention to move and still probably won’t get a 2nd back. TK needs more than a late first next year and a good prospect. Provy absolutely needs more with $2M retained than a good prospect. LAK probably can’t do that anyway with their cap. I also don’t understand how York would get the worst deal of York, Cates, Frost when he projects to be the best of the 3 lol
Jun. 4, 2023 at 6:32 p.m.
Flyers Fan
Quoting: TheBigFlyera
The returns on all of these trades are off. Some too much and some not enough. If you retain 3.5M on Hayes u 100% get more than a 3rd back. TDA will 100% take retention to move and still probably won’t get a 2nd back. TK needs more than a late first next year and a good prospect. Provy absolutely needs more with $2M retained than a good prospect. LAK probably can’t do that anyway with their cap. I also don’t understand how York would get the worst deal of York, Cates, Frost when he projects to be the best of the 3 lol

Not too sure what York has shown to earn more than Frost. Cates had a monster year defensively last year and had a decent point total. If you don't retain anything on Provorov, you aren't getting anything back for him. I do agree that LA might not be able to make it work financially, but I'm assuming they are losing Gavrikov and are in need of a replacement LD. DeAngelo is a weird one, he had a great offensive season with Carolina so I don't think it's fair to rule out getting a second back for him. If it takes retaining salary, sure, but I'd rather not only value him off of the season he just had. Dumba isn't that good so I'm not acting like Minnesota is getting a star to replace him. Konecny is a weird one, I agree he could be worth more but it's hard to find a suitor. Ottawa makes sense but if we want a ton, we won't get it from them because they will prioritize defense and goaltending over offense. Dallas maybe but I would want Borque and I'm not sure if they're interested in trading him.

Oh and Hayes really isn't that good and thinking you'll get more than a third is kind of ridiculous. It makes sense for CBJ because they have no centers but he's a third line center, MAYBE low end second line center at best. You're not getting that much for a 31 year old.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 6:42 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: flyersfan412
Not too sure what York has shown to earn more than Frost. Cates had a monster year defensively last year and had a decent point total. If you don't retain anything on Provorov, you aren't getting anything back for him. I do agree that LA might not be able to make it work financially, but I'm assuming they are losing Gavrikov and are in need of a replacement LD. DeAngelo is a weird one, he had a great offensive season with Carolina so I don't think it's fair to rule out getting a second back for him. If it takes retaining salary, sure, but I'd rather not only value him off of the season he just had. Dumba isn't that good so I'm not acting like Minnesota is getting a star to replace him. Konecny is a weird one, I agree he could be worth more but it's hard to find a suitor. Ottawa makes sense but if we want a ton, we won't get it from them because they will prioritize defense and goaltending over offense. Dallas maybe but I would want Borque and I'm not sure if they're interested in trading him.

Oh and Hayes really isn't that good and thinking you'll get more than a third is kind of ridiculous. It makes sense for CBJ because they have no centers but he's a third line center, MAYBE low end second line center at best. You're not getting that much for a 31 year old.

I understand all of ur points and they are fair, I just don’t agree with them lol. With York, it’s about giving a bridge deal that shows we believe ur the top pairing guy of the future like he’s projected to be. Provy u have to retain a lot but u need more of a return because of the retention. Nobody wants TDA, let’s just be real he’s a locker room cancer and hasn’t been great. There’s a reason they want him out of Philly already. TK could have a dozen or so suitors like Carolina and Detroit. If you have to retain $3.5M on Hayes and all ur getting is a 3rd then fine but ship him out of the division I’m not helping a rival if they are barely giving us anything and we are retaining that much.
Mjoyce001 liked this.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 6:43 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
Wild aren't looking for a veteran to fill Dumba hole. Got some guys in the system who will need to fill the hole to save cap room.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 6:43 p.m.
Banned
Minnesota absolutely declines . Faber is dumba's replacement. They aren't bringing a cancer abd a player that doesn't fit bill Guerin abd dean's Evason way of playing into the lockerroom Minnesota also has calen addison and could still bring back dumba
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 6:47 p.m.
Edmonton says no. Not interested in a small forward with no playoff success and injury concerns.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 6:55 p.m.
Flyers Fan
I understand all of ur points and they are fair, I just don’t agree with them lol. With York, it’s about giving a bridge deal that shows we believe ur the top pairing guy of the future like he’s projected to be. Provy u have to retain a lot but u need more of a return because of the retention. Nobody wants TDA, let’s just be real he’s a locker room cancer and hasn’t been great. There’s a reason they want him out of Philly already. TK could have a dozen or so suitors like Carolina and Detroit. If you have to retain $3.5M on Hayes and all ur getting is a 3rd then fine but ship him out of the division I’m not helping a rival if they are barely giving us anything and we are retaining that much.

I want York to be our #1 guy for the future as much as you do, I just don't know if I see that happening. I notice that you want to give contracts based off what players project to be (which there is no problem in doing) while I gave the contracts based off what I have seen from them. Both are common in the real NHL, but I think that is what's generating the controversy between us, as far as the contracts go. Provorov's contract is bad and if we hypothetically retain half, it's not like that'll go away in a year or two. I would want a much bigger haul just for retaining half. That becomes a problem because no team will give up a big haul for a mid defenseman, regardless of the money they're paying him. I agree that TK having a ton of suitors, I worded that wrong. It was more so finding a team that would give up a lot for him. What does Carolina have that we would want? Detroit is where it's at for me, I like that you mentioned them. The hope would be that Yzerman is willing to give a core future piece. Is Edvinsson too much to ask for? Would they part ways with #9 this year? The more I look at my Konecny trade, the more I regret not adding more. DeAngelo keeps getting opportunities. I don't know why, because he is a cancer like you said and he is truly awful defensively. I will say the second round pick that I asked for was a bit ambitious with no salary retention, but I do think we can do something to get rid of him and get something that will help us in the future. The Hayes thing is fine, send him west if you need to. The reason I chose CBJ was because apparently there was something close to happening with that at the deadline this year. If we retain half on Hayes and get a third back, we should be happy.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 6:55 p.m.
Flyers Fan
Quoting: OutCold13
Wild aren't looking for a veteran to fill Dumba hole. Got some guys in the system who will need to fill the hole to save cap room.

Fair enough, I definitely see Addison getting a bigger role next year. As a Flyers fan, we thank you for getting him out Pittsburgh.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 6:57 p.m.
Flyers Fan
Quoting: Mjoyce001
Minnesota absolutely declines . Faber is dumba's replacement. They aren't bringing a cancer abd a player that doesn't fit bill Guerin abd dean's Evason way of playing into the lockerroom Minnesota also has calen addison and could still bring back dumba

I know how good Faber is so this is a fair assessment. I just looked at the top UFA defensemen and noticed the Wild are probably losing two RDs, so why not give them TDA. I promise you, Philly is tired of his cancerous attitude and poor defensive play.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:01 p.m.
Flyers Fan
Quoting: Optimism
Edmonton says no. Not interested in a small forward with no playoff success and injury concerns.

Really can't get my head around this take. That "small" forward was on pace for 40 goals this year. He literally had three rounds in the playoffs so if you're basing him off those games, I don't know what to tell you. Does he really have that much of an injury history? If you're looking for a 26 year old who is tall, could score 40 goals, has playoff success and has never been injured, I think you're setting your standards a bit too high.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:03 p.m.
Banned
I know how good Faber is so this is a fair assessment. I just looked at the top UFA defensemen and noticed the Wild are probably losing two RDs, so why not give them TDA. I promise you, Philly is tired of his cancerous attitude and poor defensive play.

Dean Evason and Bill Guerin are the last person on earth that would want him. Calen Addison was benched and not played because of attitude and not being a two way defensive player. Wild knew John Klingberg was just a rental. So with all due respect, no..Greenway was traded because of attitude and lazy play
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:03 p.m.
Banned
I want York to be our #1 guy for the future as much as you do, I just don't know if I see that happening. I notice that you want to give contracts based off what players project to be (which there is no problem in doing) while I gave the contracts based off what I have seen from them. Both are common in the real NHL, but I think that is what's generating the controversy between us, as far as the contracts go. Provorov's contract is bad and if we hypothetically retain half, it's not like that'll go away in a year or two. I would want a much bigger haul just for retaining half. That becomes a problem because no team will give up a big haul for a mid defenseman, regardless of the money they're paying him. I agree that TK having a ton of suitors, I worded that wrong. It was more so finding a team that would give up a lot for him. What does Carolina have that we would want? Detroit is where it's at for me, I like that you mentioned them. The hope would be that Yzerman is willing to give a core future piece. Is Edvinsson too much to ask for? Would they part ways with #9 this year? The more I look at my Konecny trade, the more I regret not adding more. DeAngelo keeps getting opportunities. I don't know why, because he is a cancer like you said and he is truly awful defensively. I will say the second round pick that I asked for was a bit ambitious with no salary retention, but I do think we can do something to get rid of him and get something that will help us in the future. The Hayes thing is fine, send him west if you need to. The reason I chose CBJ was because apparently there was something close to happening with that at the deadline this year. If we retain half on Hayes and get a third back, we should be happy.

Yeah I agree on the contracts thing for sure, 2 ways of doing it. Ur points on Provy also make sense. In my opinion TK to DRW = 2023 17thOA, 2023 2nd, Zadina. TK to Canes = Drury or Morrow, 2023 1st, our 2024 2nd (early and gives us ability to offer sheet a player). Those are the two best proposals I think we could get for him. TDA is a mystery how he keeps getting chances I agree lol. Hayes ur right that Jarmo and Chuck had a deal for the summer then Chuck got fired, I still think he ends up there but don’t like the return so I guess we will have to see what happens with that! Appreciate the back and forth and ur opinions!
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:05 p.m.
Banned

This is objectively a horrible take lol, tell me u don’t watch the Flyers without telling me. He has no injury concerns, all guys gets injured once in a while.
flyersfan412 liked this.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:05 p.m.
Banned
Really can't get my head around this take. That "small" forward was on pace for 40 goals this year. He literally had three rounds in the playoffs so if you're basing him off those games, I don't know what to tell you. Does he really have that much of an injury history? If you're looking for a 26 year old who is tall, could score 40 goals, has playoff success and has never been injured, I think you're setting your standards a bit too high.

It’s just a bad take lol he wants another McDavid apparently and for cheap too 😂
flyersfan412 liked this.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:08 p.m.
Flyers Fan
Yeah I agree on the contracts thing for sure, 2 ways of doing it. Ur points on Provy also make sense. In my opinion TK to DRW = 2023 17thOA, 2023 2nd, Zadina. TK to Canes = Drury or Morrow, 2023 1st, our 2024 2nd (early and gives us ability to offer sheet a player). Those are the two best proposals I think we could get for him. TDA is a mystery how he keeps getting chances I agree lol. Hayes ur right that Jarmo and Chuck had a deal for the summer then Chuck got fired, I still think he ends up there but don’t like the return so I guess we will have to see what happens with that! Appreciate the back and forth and ur opinions!

Yea of course bro, glad we can discuss. Overall, it seems like you know your stuff. I like the idea of taking a chance on Zadina and of course we'll get a good player if we have #17 this year (my god that Hronek trade was so bad for Vancouver). If TDA is gone and we get something back, I'm happy, regardless of if we have to retain salary.
TheBigFlyera liked this.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:10 p.m.
Banned
Yea of course bro, glad we can discuss. Overall, it seems like you know your stuff. I like the idea of taking a chance on Zadina and of course we'll get a good player if we have #17 this year (my god that Hronek trade was so bad for Vancouver). If TDA is gone and we get something back, I'm happy, regardless of if we have to retain salary.

If TDA is gone and we get ANYTHING it will be a miracle lol. But yeah man for sure good ideas I appreciate the convo
flyersfan412 liked this.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:10 p.m.
Flyers Fan
Quoting: Mjoyce001
Dean Evason and Bill Guerin are the last person on earth that would want him. Calen Addison was benched and not played because of attitude and not being a two way defensive player. Wild knew John Klingberg was just a rental. So with all due respect, no..Greenway was traded because of attitude and lazy play

Fair enough. Overall, I'm excited to see this new, young Minnesota D-core next year.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:24 p.m.

Well first off the Oilers don't need another 40 goal man they need to get better defensively. After that on pace for means nothing as he was too injured to put up that total. Finally he simply costs too much to fit in the cap structure for Edmonton. As to his playoff scoring it is horrible so far in his career.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:26 p.m.
This is objectively a horrible take lol, tell me u don’t watch the Flyers without telling me. He has no injury concerns, all guys gets injured once in a while.

He hasn't played a full season since 2019.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:32 p.m.
Banned
He hasn't played a full season since 2019.

The 3 games he missed 2 years ago was Covid precaution, and the 6 games he missed in the shortened season was also Covid precaution lol give me a break do ur research. He missed games this year for a fluke shoulder injury that didn’t even require surgery. He’s missed less than 50 games in like 6-7 years in the NHL that weren’t COVID related. That’s literally like 6-7 games a year, guys miss that all of the time
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:43 p.m.
The 3 games he missed 2 years ago was Covid precaution, and the 6 games he missed in the shortened season was also Covid precaution lol give me a break do ur research. He missed games this year for a fluke shoulder injury that didn’t even require surgery. He’s missed less than 50 games in like 6-7 years in the NHL that weren’t COVID related. That’s literally like 6-7 games a year, guys miss that all of the time

22 games this year for shoulder issues, Concussion a few years ago, got covid, and an ankle injury before that. No Ironman here sorry. Add with his energetic style and smaller size this will grow as he gets older.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 7:54 p.m.
Banned
22 games this year for shoulder issues, Concussion a few years ago, got covid, and an ankle injury before that. No Ironman here sorry. Add with his energetic style and smaller size this will grow as he gets older.

22 was a precaution because the flyers were terrible and didn’t want to rush him back he literally said he could play through it if they needed him to. Concussions happen in sports if you didn’t know that 😂, the dude has had a few injuries in like 6-7 years and u call him injury prone it’s pure ignorance, saying Covid like basically every player in the league didn’t have to sit out at some point because of it 😂
flyersfan412 liked this.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 8:16 p.m.
Flyers Fan
Well first off the Oilers don't need another 40 goal man they need to get better defensively. After that on pace for means nothing as he was too injured to put up that total. Finally he simply costs too much to fit in the cap structure for Edmonton. As to his playoff scoring it is horrible so far in his career.

Your only legitimate point here is the Edmonton's cap situation. You are absolutely insane for saying "I don't wait him because he was bad in three playoff series over three years ago". The Oilers aren't even bad defensively, they just need better goaltending. Ekholm solved a lot of their D issues and Bouchard is only getting better.
Jun. 4, 2023 at 8:16 p.m.
Flyers Fan
22 was a precaution because the flyers were terrible and didn’t want to rush him back he literally said he could play through it if they needed him to. Concussions happen in sports if you didn’t know that 😂, the dude has had a few injuries in like 6-7 years and u call him injury prone it’s pure ignorance, saying Covid like basically every player in the league didn’t have to sit out at some point because of it 😂

If Konecny is injury prone, 80% of the league is injury prone
Jun. 4, 2023 at 8:18 p.m.
Banned
If Konecny is injury prone, 80% of the league is injury prone

Don’t even bother responding further some guys just have their illogical agenda that u can’t make them see past
flyersfan412 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll