Forums/Armchair-GM

Forsberg and offer sheet

Created by: caniac58
Team: 2023-24 Carolina Hurricanes
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 7, 2023
Published: Jun. 7, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Some fun moves, and plenty of cap to still work with.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$6,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,500,000
2$2,000,000
2$3,500,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Lafrenière, Alexis$6,000,000
2024 1st round pick
2024 3rd round pick
Trades
NYI
  1. 2023 4th round pick (CAR)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$83,500,000$77,204,417$450,000$500,000$6,295,583
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 6
$4,820,000$4,820,000
C
UFA - 7
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,280,000$5,280,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 4
Logo of the New York Islanders
$825,000$825,000
LD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 7, 2023 at 8:45 p.m.
That Nashville trade is ugly... Necas outproduced Forsbery by almost 30 points. He's signed long term with an injury history and he'll be 29 by the time the season starts. That's an ugly deal.

Don't mind bad Aho for a 4th, although think the Isles would want more.#

Don't mind the offer sheet at all honestly.
Jun. 7, 2023 at 8:45 p.m.
Forsberg isn’t up for discussion. He’s staying in Nashville
Jun. 7, 2023 at 8:48 p.m.
Quoting: Caniac2000
That Nashville trade is ugly... Necas outproduced Forsbery by almost 30 points. He's signed long term with an injury history and he'll be 29 by the time the season starts. That's an ugly deal.

Don't mind bad Aho for a 4th, although think the Isles would want more.#

Don't mind the offer sheet at all honestly.

The contract points you made about Forsberg are valid, but the rest of that argument is insane.

Forsberg and Necas had near identical points per game, and this season is the only one where Necas was even been close to Forsberg in production. Forsberg is still the better player of the two. There’s no debate in that
Jun. 7, 2023 at 8:56 p.m.
Quoting: OkMan
The contract points you made about Forsberg are valid, but the rest of that argument is insane.

Forsberg and Necas had near identical points per game, and this season is the only one where Necas was even been close to Forsberg in production. Forsberg is still the better player of the two. There’s no debate in that

Major disagree. Necas is still the younger player, and this was a MAJOR breakout year. Not to mention, Forsberg's injury history really limits his production. It doesn't matter how good a player is if he's on injured reserve the whole season. You can talk about PPG, but Forsberg played 40 games less, it's a much smaller sample size.
Jun. 7, 2023 at 9:07 p.m.
It’s a little of buying high on Necas, buying low in Forsberg. Maybe Necas for Duchene?
Jun. 7, 2023 at 9:23 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
It’s a little of buying high on Necas, buying low in Forsberg. Maybe Necas for Duchene?

I think that the Hurricanes will only deal him for a player in his younger-20's and is 40+ goal scorer... I get your point but Necas for Duchene seems more like a lateral move rather than an improvement
Jun. 7, 2023 at 9:29 p.m.
I made this deal because canes want to win now and need more scoring and physicality while I believe the preds would like to get younger while still retaining talent. Right now Forsberg>Necas which benefits canes. 3-4 years from now when the preds start finding their footing again Necas>Forsberg. Based on the discussion I feel like it's actually pretty close to a good fair hockey deal.
OkMan liked this.
Jun. 7, 2023 at 10:07 p.m.
Major disagree. Necas is still the younger player, and this was a MAJOR breakout year. Not to mention, Forsberg's injury history really limits his production. It doesn't matter how good a player is if he's on injured reserve the whole season. You can talk about PPG, but Forsberg played 40 games less, it's a much smaller sample size.

Necas had one solid regular season and people act like he's the next mitch marner. Oh wait, he is the next mitch marner lite. Congrats on 71 points in the regular season and then turning into a ghost in the postseason. Trading Necas for a player like Dubois or Debrincat who had worse (barely worse) seasons than Necas is the right move. You cannot win with that player in the postseason.
Ennis and OkMan liked this.
Jun. 7, 2023 at 10:19 p.m.
Quoting: canesfan2086
Necas had one solid regular season and people act like he's the next mitch marner. Oh wait, he is the next mitch marner lite. Congrats on 71 points in the regular season and then turning into a ghost in the postseason. Trading Necas for a player like Dubois or Debrincat who had worse (barely worse) seasons than Necas is the right move. You cannot win with that player in the postseason.

Yet they did. If Svechnikov doesn't have a freak injury, the Canes are in the cup final right now. They lost every game to Florida by a single goal, hammered the Devils and Islanders without Svechnikov, Pacioretty or Teravainen. Necas did play well enough in the postseason to justify keeping. You're acting like Necas didn't just breakout. That was an incredible year for him. He's shown he can do it time and again, think back to game 5 against Nashville. He can be the big time postseason performer the Canes need, but you want to say that he got buried last year when they picked up Domi and his linemates this year having the offensive capabilities of a spoon is his fault?
Jun. 7, 2023 at 10:28 p.m.

Quoting: OkMan

Caniac also tried to convince me that Svechnikov was better than Marner. I swear every time I open a thread he's in I'm met with the most homer takes possible.

Preds pass on this trade.
OkMan liked this.
Jun. 7, 2023 at 10:30 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506

For Duchene and that bad contract? Nah. Dude is small and doesn’t do what is needed to win.
Jun. 7, 2023 at 11:15 p.m.
Quoting: ecupirate07
For Duchene and that bad contract? Nah. Dude is small and doesn’t do what is needed to win.

I don’t know man, he does have a pretty good record when it comes to playing the Canes in OT playoff games
Jun. 8, 2023 at 9:33 a.m.
Yet they did. If Svechnikov doesn't have a freak injury, the Canes are in the cup final right now. They lost every game to Florida by a single goal, hammered the Devils and Islanders without Svechnikov, Pacioretty or Teravainen. Necas did play well enough in the postseason to justify keeping. You're acting like Necas didn't just breakout. That was an incredible year for him. He's shown he can do it time and again, think back to game 5 against Nashville. He can be the big time postseason performer the Canes need, but you want to say that he got buried last year when they picked up Domi and his linemates this year having the offensive capabilities of a spoon is his fault?

"Game 5 against Nashville" Lol. HE HAS LESS THAN 0.5 POINTS PER GAME IN THE PLAYOFFS. He takes the worst shots on the power play I've ever seen trying to be Ovi in the circle and missing the net by 15 feet or shooting it straight into the goalie's chest. He tries to stick handle and do it all himself and gets stripped of the puck, losing possession, and plays the softest game of any Cane in recent memory. I don't care if he had 71 points in a regular season or scored 2 goals in a game against a team that shouldn't even have been a playoff team but was because of Covid divisions. It's time to sell high and acquire a more complete player.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:53 a.m.
"Game 5 against Nashville" Lol. HE HAS LESS THAN 0.5 POINTS PER GAME IN THE PLAYOFFS. He takes the worst shots on the power play I've ever seen trying to be Ovi in the circle and missing the net by 15 feet or shooting it straight into the goalie's chest. He tries to stick handle and do it all himself and gets stripped of the puck, losing possession, and plays the softest game of any Cane in recent memory. I don't care if he had 71 points in a regular season or scored 2 goals in a game against a team that shouldn't even have been a playoff team but was because of Covid divisions. It's time to sell high and acquire a more complete player.

That's just absolutely laughable. You want to move out the exact type of player the Canes need, a point producer, for... what? A 29 year old winger that hasn't played more than 50 games in 3 years? This is comical. You want to move him for DeBrincat who regressed when he wasn't playing alongside Kane? Necas was fine in the playoffs, and EVERY player has shots that miss the net by 15 feet. Aho, Svechnikov, Teravainen, Jarvis, they all do it all the time. They all get stripped. It's because of the way Rod wants to generate offense, he wants them to shoot on sight. It's why they rack up more shots than almost any other team in hockey! Not to mention, Necas is the fastest player in the NHL. Yes, faster than McDavid. Yes, faster than MacKinnon. You need to help him, move him to C, and let him play the position that is most natural to him.

(this is from last season, but this point stands)
FWcn56_XgAYFV0l?format=jpg&name=small
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:01 a.m.
That's just absolutely laughable. You want to move out the exact type of player the Canes need, a point producer, for... what? A 29 year old winger that hasn't played more than 50 games in 3 years? This is comical. You want to move him for DeBrincat who regressed when he wasn't playing alongside Kane? Necas was fine in the playoffs, and EVERY player has shots that miss the net by 15 feet. Aho, Svechnikov, Teravainen, Jarvis, they all do it all the time. They all get stripped. It's because of the way Rod wants to generate offense, he wants them to shoot on sight. It's why they rack up more shots than almost any other team in hockey! Not to mention, Necas is the fastest player in the NHL. Yes, faster than McDavid. Yes, faster than MacKinnon. You need to help him, move him to C, and let him play the position that is most natural to him.

It's not about getting stripped of the puck. It's about getting stripped of the puck right inside the blue line, when there is a much easier play to be made. This team doesn't need a point producer, they need someone who can put the puck in the back of the net when the game gets tight. Necas was absolutely dormant against Florida when things got tough. Hope he enjoys the cold weather.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:04 a.m.

And to be clear, I do not want Forsberg lmao. Debrincat would be a great addition. Listen to 32 thoughts the pod and you'll understand why he's a great fit with his release (better than any current canes player, sorry svech).
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:10 a.m.
It's not about getting stripped of the puck. It's about getting stripped of the puck right inside the blue line, when there is a much easier play to be made. This team doesn't need a point producer, they need someone who can put the puck in the back of the net when the game gets tight. Necas was absolutely dormant against Florida when things got tough. Hope he enjoys the cold weather.

Necas was dominant against New Jersey and you saw him against the Islanders because his speed caused issues. He's exactly what the Canes need. They need someone who can put the puck in the net, definitely, but they need Necas too
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:11 a.m.
And to be clear, I do not want Forsberg lmao. Debrincat would be a great addition. Listen to 32 thoughts the pod and you'll understand why he's a great fit with his release (better than any current canes player, sorry svech).

Saying Cat is better than any Canes player is funny. He's not better than Svech, he's not better than Aho, and right now I'm not confident I'd say he's better than Necas truthfully. That regression without Kane scares me away a little bit. I'm all for Cat if it's for futures.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:25 p.m.
Saying Cat is better than any Canes player is funny. He's not better than Svech, he's not better than Aho, and right now I'm not confident I'd say he's better than Necas truthfully. That regression without Kane scares me away a little bit. I'm all for Cat if it's for futures.

I said "HIS RELEASE" on his shot bud. You're brutal. Necas did not dominate the New Jersey series. He had 3 goals 0 assists in 5 games. Had a 2 goal game where all he did was chip pucks into a net with no defenders within 10 feet of him. I mean, Jordan Martinook had 10 points in that series... You're biased love for him is irrational.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:36 p.m.
I said "HIS RELEASE" on his shot bud. You're brutal. Necas did not dominate the New Jersey series. He had 3 goals 0 assists in 5 games. Had a 2 goal game where all he did was chip pucks into a net with no defenders within 10 feet of him. I mean, Jordan Martinook had 10 points in that series... You're biased love for him is irrational.

Necas was dominant in that Devils series, and you're trying to use the fact he had 3 goals in 5 games as proof he wasn't? Stop. Necas created all sorts of problems for the Devils all series long. I don't even particularly like him, you're just so blindly biased against him, you're acting like he wasn't absolutely fantastic this season. Get out of here LMAO. You're brutal
Jun. 8, 2023 at 1:02 p.m.
Necas was dominant in that Devils series, and you're trying to use the fact he had 3 goals in 5 games as proof he wasn't? Stop. Necas created all sorts of problems for the Devils all series long. I don't even particularly like him, you're just so blindly biased against him, you're acting like he wasn't absolutely fantastic this season. Get out of here LMAO. You're brutal

I've already said he had a great regular season... Hence why I said you sell high on him... He did not dominate any series, I don't think you were watching the same playoffs as everyone else...
Jun. 8, 2023 at 1:58 p.m.
I've already said he had a great regular season... Hence why I said you sell high on him... He did not dominate any series, I don't think you were watching the same playoffs as everyone else...

I don't think you watched the playoffs at all... he was an absolute beast in the Devils series and your argument against that is points? Let's ignore the fact he had a higher xG in that series than any skater, created chances out the wazoo for the team... stop. they need a sniper. We agree there, but you keep Necas right now. This is what we've been waiting for with him.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll