June 7 - How It Goes

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: PARADIZA
Published: Jun. 8, 2023 at 3:47 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Obviously
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Obviously
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-A franchise centre for Gaudreau and Laine
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-I know Pronman said it's probably Will Smith here, but they'd be braindead not to take Michkov... the timeline is perfect for it.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Could be Reinbacher, but the Will Smith pick is smarter
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-They're going to go for the best D in the draft first and then pick up a solid forward at 12
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Seems pretty set in stone at this point
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Dvorsky makes the most sense here
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Honzek or Willander here
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Willander, Moore or Danielson here. STL seems to be coveting speed, so I'm thinking Moore makes sense.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-If the draft falls this way on the day, I see Vancouver looking at Danielson, Benson, Wood, Simashev and Perreault here. I pray they don't go for ASP, as they already have Quinn Hughes. I think they go for the big right shot centre in Danielson, but I think the better pick here is Benson.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsHonzek makes sense because of his size and playstyle. ASP, Wood, Benson or Perreault could be the pick here too.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Imagine the pairing with Dahlin.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Big winger who can step in and play with Crosby/Malkin sooner than later.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Per Trotz, they go for the high upside pick. Could also be Benson, Cristall or Yager. Apparently Benson's stock has fallen off a cliff recently and he's been surpassed on the draft boards by Perreault.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Barlow or Yager here. Barlow makes sense and seems like a really solid pick at 16.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersSurely, he can't fall this far... right?
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Steal.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningBedard's best friend and the upside just went higher.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-S for Sale.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Hockey name for a hockey town.
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles KingsNot sure why, I'm not even that confident.
23Logo of the New York Rangers-Steal.
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersHigh upside and potential steal this late.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThey got their C in Moore and now get their RHD in Dragicevic. Could also be Bonk.
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsSteal.
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-They need Centres and at least Ritchie seems like a sure thing.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsSneaky steal.
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsLindstein is going to end up being their best pick of the draft.
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Solid pick.
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersWhy not.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Steal.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 4:51 a.m.
As a Detroit fan this would a dream come true.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 7:59 a.m.
Bedard23
Anyone who passes up on Benson after pick 7 needs to be fired on the spot
Jun. 8, 2023 at 8:06 a.m.
Joe
Quoting: aedoran
As a Detroit fan this would a dream come true.

Order doesn't matter
aedoran liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 8:06 a.m.
Joe
Quoting: IconicHawk
Anyone who passes up on Benson after pick 7 needs to be fired on the spot

Apparently a lot of scouts are having him drop because of his size.
Feel like I've seen this story several times before.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 8:17 a.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER

Yeah I’ve seen this at least 200 too many times
Jun. 8, 2023 at 8:29 a.m.
Joe
Quoting: IconicHawk
Yeah I’ve seen this at least 200 too many times

This also stings with the analysis of the defenseman sizes in the playoffs. All of them are 6'0"+ because a majority of the defenseman in the NHL are 6'0"+. I've had someone bring this up this information when I said Detroit should draft Pellikka because he brings two needs; a 2RHD and offensive prowess.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:11 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER

I don't know why GMS seem to care about size. Skating is what matters. If anything, the people that will drop are Dvorsky, Yager, and Cristall.
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:32 a.m.
Joe
Quoting: Z0ra
I don't know why GMS seem to care about size. Skating is what matters. If anything, the people that will drop are Dvorsky, Yager, and Cristall.

I don't understand it either, but when I proposed that Wings should take Benson @ 9 and Willander @ 17 to a scout-guy on twitter, he said that a better chance Benson will be @ 17 than Willander.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:51 a.m.
mokumboi
The Blues take Bonk over Dragicevic the defensive black hole. The other two picks are beauties.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll