Cabbie's Mock v 1.0

Cabbie's Mock v 1.0

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Cabbie91
Published: Jun. 8, 2023 at 9:29 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-it will be a center, recent reports havesay Jarmo had been heavily scouting Smith this season and is looking for a high skill center, if not Smith the pick will be Carlsson
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-I strongly believe that if the sharks aren't taking him this is a scenario where a team could trade up who isn't scared of Michkov's red flags
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-If Carlsson is taken by SJ, the pick will be smith, if Michkov slips the habs could be a trade down candidate or take Leonard/Dvorsky/Reinbacher if Michkov isn't an option
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Flyers rebuild starts off nicely with Leonard and Gauthier
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-This just feels like a capitals pick, with Backstrom aging and Kuzy rumors they need to rebuild the C depth and I think Dvorsky will be a steal
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Like the Capitals I think the Wings need to build up the C depth organizationally. Danielson has been trending upwards for a while now
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-It's Wallinder or ASP here, I lean ASP with the reports that Alvin likes this player
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa Senators
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Center depth desperately needed, Moore will be a good one
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Fits a need as a team that needs goal scoring, Barlow is all about this
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-RHD pipeline is sparse, WPG has taken forward alot in past years, time to re-shape the right side of the D
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningThis player slips a bit, I could see him going as high as #12
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-At one point he was projected to go as high as #5, he had a rough end of the season resulting in his stock dropping.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
23Logo of the New York Rangers-Another player I'm really high on, NHL caliber release.
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersIf not for the KHL factor this is a top 10 player, elite wheels
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devilsfirst goalie comes off the board
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-You just know this player will make the whole draft regret letting him slip
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsLeafs take a forward with size here, builds up a position that has a chance to become weak in the future
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas Stars
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersBig RHD, his father played for the Habs once upon a time
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:04 a.m.
Joe
Danielson @ 9 and Simashev @ 17 would be a cruddy draft considering our needs.
Jfstompers liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:08 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Danielson 9 and Simashev 17 would be a cruddy draft considering our needs.

I have Benson and Honzek going to the Red Wings. Though if Benson ain't available, the 9th pick would be Willander.

EDIT: Also, Briere and Keith Jones love ASP, just like the Canucks. If ASP ain't available to the Canucks, the pick would be Danielson.

Am I a bad person for thinking that Cristall won't be a first round pick?
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:34 a.m.
Joe
Quoting: Z0ra
I have Benson and Honzek going to the Red Wings. Though if Benson ain't available, the 9th pick would be Willander.

EDIT: Also, Briere and Keith Jones love ASP, just like the Canucks. If ASP ain't available to the Canucks, the pick would be Danielson.

Am I a bad person for thinking that Cristall won't be a first round pick?

I'd like to see a RHD+Forward for Detroit, but think it's impossible without trading up 17 as it seems more and more likely that all three top RHD will be gone before 17.

I definitely think we need to get a forward with 9, though. We need a 2RD, yes, but we need a top line winger more, IMO.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:42 a.m.
Pop Pop
Danielson 9 and Simashev 17 would be a cruddy draft considering our needs.

I just see Danielson as not exactly the same but similar to Kasper, if you have that guy take a center with offensive upside instead like Moore or the best winger you get like Barlow or Wood here.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:50 a.m.
mokumboi
Edstrom is a possibility late, but the Blues are almost certainly not touching Dragicevic and taking Benson would be very foolish.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 11:29 a.m.
Joe
Quoting: Jfstompers
I just see Danielson as not exactly the same but similar to Kasper, if you have that guy take a center with offensive upside instead like Moore or the best winger you get like Barlow or Wood here.

Precisely.
Jfstompers liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 12:48 p.m.
Moo-kama-doo-lin
Not a chance SJ passes on Carlsson. Size and a C are our two biggest needs. Already has chemistry why Bystedt. Easy pick there.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 3:21 p.m.
Bedard23
I'd like to see a RHD+Forward for Detroit, but think it's impossible without trading up 17 as it seems more and more likely that all three top RHD will be gone before 17.

I definitely think we need to get a forward with 9, though. We need a 2RD, yes, but we need a top line winger more, IMO.

That’s why I have you guys getting Moore and Willander (I’m not fully on the Tom Willander hype train)
Jun. 8, 2023 at 3:40 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: IconicHawk
That’s why I have you guys getting Moore and Willander (I’m not fully on the Tom Willander hype train)

I am on that train, though.
A Willy - Wally line.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll