Forums/Armchair-GM

Winnipeg fans are delulu

Created by: badoob
Team: 2023-24 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 8, 2023
Published: Jun. 8, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Tyler Yaremchuk: "...him sitting here a year out from unrestricted free agency saying “I’m not signing here again”, them trying to get proper trade value for this guy is nearly impossible, because teams will sit there, specifically a team like Montreal I’d imagine and go “woah, you want a first and a prospect and all of this? We’re not competing next year, if we just wait 12 months, we’ll sign him for no assets in free agency.”

Mike McKenna: "Well, as a player he doesn’t care what they gave up to bring him in. He just wants what he wants. But this guy’s under 25 years old, and he’s already asked for a trade twice. He’s a flight risk. Why would you want that player on your roster? His play’s been spotty too. There’s times where he completely disappeared this year, and he is not beyond the second line center. For where he went in the draft, he should be a top-flight first line center. He showed it at times in Columbus, and he hasn’t reached that peak to stay there"

----

Winnipeg has, and I can't stress this enough, absolutely NO leverage in any PLD trade they make. If you still think you can be picky and get exactly what you want for him is beyond laughable. Teams will just wait him out if Chevy wants to be nitpicky. There's a 99.9% chance you DON'T win a PLD trade. Any hopes and dreams you had of getting a genuine return was thrown out the window the second he said he wasn't staying.

PLD is a diva with a bad attitude. He's never happy anywhere he's played and has never been better than a 2C, but is somehow worth your entire prospect pool. Why are teams going to want to commit to this guy?

**I know it's not all WPG fans, most of you are cool. It's the slight few, you know the ones.
Trades
WPG
MTL
    Hughes, be patient.
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    15$83,500,000$63,057,858$0$1,150,000$20,442,142
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
    $7,142,857$7,142,857
    LW
    UFA - 3
    $6,125,000$6,125,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    RW
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $775,000$775,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    $2,166,667$2,166,667
    RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $6,250,000$6,250,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $5,875,000$5,875,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $6,166,667$6,166,667
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $5,950,000$5,950,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $762,500$762,500
    LD
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 6:21 p.m.
    He will get the same rental value as any other TDL top 6 C.
    Zero leverage isn't a thing, PLD can control part of where he goes, but not all of it. Even if he QOs for a year elsewhere or decides that he is willing to consider a long term deal other than MTL, he will receive value proportional to a rental player at a deadline.

I'd say the habs fans are more delusional than the jets fans, as per usual.
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 6:22 p.m.
    Habs 7th round 1983
    +1 x1000

As I said on another ACGM, I'd let another team acquire him and sign him for 8 x $9m as he's requesting. Then within 2 years he will whine again and Montreal will scoop him at 50% retained for chicken feed.
    badoob liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 6:24 p.m.
    Quoting: Wqrrior
    Zero leverage isn't a thing, PLD can control part of where he goes, but not all of it. Even if he QOs for a year elsewhere or decides that he is willing to consider a long term deal other than MTL, he will receive value proportional to a rental player at a deadline.

Zero leverage is most certainly a thing when teams can wait him out and sign him asset free, ESPECIALLY Montreal. Why move Kidney and a 1st when you can suck for another year and sign him when you're better. No rush. Teams will also be recognizing his history with requesting trades, he's a massive diva. Do you want to commit to a player like that?

100% chance he is not wearing a Jets jersey in October, so they are forced to move him now. Teams recognize this and have the upper hand. Chevy can't be too picky.
    TooMalevolent liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
    Quoting: Wqrrior

Right, but that's all he is. A rental player. So that's a 1st and a B prospect. And I imagine other teams may treat it as a rental and ask the Jets to retain perhaps. If MTL knows he wants to come there, watch I think he does, and it's not an issue giving him the 8yrs (or they don't minding trading a 4th or whatever at the draft next yr for his rights), they should wait.
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 6:31 p.m.
    WPGSK
    You really need to check out the news.

PLD and his agent have agreed to help WPG out. They are going to give WPG a list of teams that PLD will sign LT with. They will work out a deal with the team that gives the Jets the best offer and then PLD will sign the LT deal with WPG and the next minute, traded to the team that gave the Jets the assets in return they want.

So............ MTL is NOT getting PLD for free. They may not even get him. Get in line and bid... hahhahahahaahahahahaaha...

OLE OLE OLE right back at ya Habs fans.
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 6:41 p.m.
    Bandwagon fairweathe
    Salary cap era new gm or relatively new gm in Montreal, going to be a saving face trade for Winnipeg and Montreal gm getting rid of some assets gained before his tenure, not going to be donation or robbery. I just hope it happens soon, so this conversation can end.
    Just_A_Guess and Mr_Canoehead liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 6:43 p.m.
    Quoting: WPGSK

PLD and his agent have agreed to help WPG out. They are going to give WPG a list of teams that PLD will sign LT with. They will work out a deal with the team that gives the Jets the best offer and then PLD will sign the LT deal with WPG and the next minute, traded to the team that gave the Jets the assets in return they want.

So............ MTL is NOT getting PLD for free. They may not even get him. Get in line and bid... hahhahahahaahahahahaaha...

You're hanging on by a thread lol the desperation coming through from some of the Jets fans now is comical.
    badoob and KentMcNally liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 6:43 p.m.

I'm sure there isn't an ounce of copium in this reply....

Great. We'll just wait until he signs long term somewhere, doesn't like his coach in two seasons, then requests a trade. I'm sure everybody wants to bid on a whiny baby.

I'm also not a Habs fan.
    Just_A_Guess liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 6:45 p.m.

1nhqil.jpg?a468360
    Just_A_Guess liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 6:45 p.m.
    WPGSK
    Quoting: Just_A_Guess
    You're hanging on by a thread lol the desperation coming through from some of the Jets fans now is comical.

It's all over the news. Seriously, get your head out of your Habs pillow and check out the news. Jeff Marek.
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 6:57 p.m.
    Basu and Godin (The Athletic):
    "The Dubois camp will submit a list of teams that he would have interest in signing with long-term, maybe five or six teams. Of course, they will need to determine the willingness of those teams to add Dubois and his new contract before putting them on their list. The Canadiens, who reached out to the Jets as soon as their season ended, will be on that list. Cheveldayoff will then work off that list to try and negotiate the trade that helps the Jets the most.

Meanwhile, Brisson can begin talking to those teams about the parameters of a new contract. The plan is for this to be a sign-and-trade, where the Jets sign Dubois to an eight-year contract and then trade him to his new team. Dubois could not get an eight-year deal if he signed directly with that team, and the Jets can extract more value with a signed and delivered player. This is exactly what the Calgary Flames and Florida Panthers did with Matthew Tkachuk last summer."

Full article: What we’re hearing on the Canadiens, Pierre-Luc Dubois and Carter Hart

This should be a fun time before the draft. Reporters will be busy.
    badoob and Birtle34 liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2023 at 7:57 p.m.
    Quoting: TooMalevolent
    Right, but that's all he is. A rental player. So that's a 1st and a B prospect. And I imagine other teams may treat it as a rental and ask the Jets to retain perhaps. If MTL knows he wants to come there, watch I think he does, and it's not an issue giving him the 8yrs (or they don't minding trading a 4th or whatever at the draft next yr for his rights), they should wait.

Yes, a 1st and a B prospect is what most fans have been doing for a while now. There's a few outliers, sure, but the amount of Habs fans thinking he will go there for pretty much nothing is far larger than the jets fans whose ask is too large.
    I think there are other teams PLD will go to, and those other teams would be willing to give more than what MTL fans think he costs.

That's my point about the leverage. WPG doesn't have much, but there will be interested teams to enough of a degree that they will receive some value. MTL fans need to stop thinking he will only sign there this year. Even if he signs 1 year elsewhere then signs there as a UFA, it's in WPG's favor to take best value and not feel threatened to donate their guy for free. I'm sure WPG would much rather let PLD sit than get a 3rd back to help another team.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll