SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(VGK / NYI) - Grabovski, Bischoff for Expansion Draft Considerations

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 21, 2017 at 9:11 p.m.
A trade between Vegas Golden Knights and New York Islanders has been confirmed.
Trade Details
New York Islanders Acquire:
Logo of the New York Islanders
Expansion Draft Considerations
Sum: $0$0$0
Change: -$5,833,750
Change: -$5,833,750
Change: -$6,742,500
Vegas Golden Knights Acquire:
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
Mikhail Grabovski · $5,000,000$5,000,000$6,000,000
Jake Bischoff · $833,750$833,750$742,500
2017 1st round pick (NYI - #15 - Erik Brännström)
2019 2nd round pick (NYI - #54 - Robert Mastrosimone)
Sum: $5,833,750$5,833,750$6,742,500
Change: +$5,833,750
Change: +$5,833,750
Change: +$6,742,500
Jun. 22, 2017 at 11:57 a.m.
Banned
Mike Milbury, is that you!?
DragonRaptorHybrid liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:53 a.m.
GoJetsGo
The Knights got Mark Stone out of this lol.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:58 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: capfriendlyaccount
The Knights got Mark Stone out of this lol.

I'm an Isles fan and i totally don't care. It's like Sens fans going into the draft lottery this year, hoping Colorado wouldn't win it. IT SERIOUSLY DOESN'T MATTER. For Vegas this worked out well. For the Islanders, how do we know that they would have taken Brannstrom?

I've said the Canucks shouldn't give up more of their future to make sure they're a playoff team in one of the next 2 years JUST to make sure they aren't giving up a lottery pick to Tampa Bay in the JT Miller trade. I have no problem with trying to win now, but that's not a good reason to do that. If they miss the playoffs in 2020 (which I think they will but it's close) then they shouldn't care where that pick ends up being because they don't own it anymore. Obviously, though, it does show that they are trying to be a good team now. Only reason they would make moves all because of the pick is if Jim Benning is worried about losing his job, which is a bad strategy IMO. That didn't work of for the Jackets this year lol.

Does the fact that you commented on this have anything to do with the fact that Bischoff just signed today?
Jul. 16, 2019 at 12:19 p.m.
GoJetsGo
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'm an Isles fan and i totally don't care. It's like Sens fans going into the draft lottery this year, hoping Colorado wouldn't win it. IT SERIOUSLY DOESN'T MATTER. For Vegas this worked out well. For the Islanders, how do we know that they would have taken Brannstrom?

I've said the Canucks shouldn't give up more of their future to make sure they're a playoff team in one of the next 2 years JUST to make sure they aren't giving up a lottery pick to Tampa Bay in the JT Miller trade. I have no problem with trying to win now, but that's not a good reason to do that. If they miss the playoffs in 2020 (which I think they will but it's close) then they shouldn't care where that pick ends up being because they don't own it anymore. Obviously, though, it does show that they are trying to be a good team now. Only reason they would make moves all because of the pick is if Jim Benning is worried about losing his job, which is a bad strategy IMO. That didn't work of for the Jackets this year lol.

Does the fact that you commented on this have anything to do with the fact that Bischoff just signed today?

I agree, doesn't matter afterwards for the Islanders, just saying it was great asset management for the Knights.
And yes, I remembered Bischoff being included in a trade, and had to check which one it was.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit