SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(VGK / PIT) - 2020 2nd round pick for expansion draft considerations

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 21, 2017 at 10:31 p.m.
A trade between Vegas Golden Knights and Pittsburgh Penguins has been confirmed.
Trade Details
Pittsburgh Penguins Acquire:
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
Expansion Draft Considerations
Sum: $0$0$0
Change: $0
Vegas Golden Knights Acquire:
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
2020 2nd round pick (PIT - #46 - Drew Commesso)
Sum: $0$0$0
Jun. 22, 2017 at 5:11 p.m.
NateElder12
Haha wow. A 2nd round pick is all it took to take a bum backup goalie off the roster...
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Jun. 22, 2017 at 5:32 p.m.
This was a homerun by VGK. MAF was always going to be targeted. Got to assume that McPhee asked about Cole or Rust. Pens offer up a 2nd to ensure that MAF is taken?
Saskleaf liked this.
Sep. 28, 2019 at 8:24 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: NateElder12
Haha wow. A 2nd round pick is all it took to take a bum backup goalie off the roster...

that goalie is so bad.
Sep. 28, 2019 at 8:34 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Remember the trade was a little deeper than that . MAF had a MMC, which he could have enforced, and Pens would have to expose Cup winning goalie Murray.
Fleury wanted to drafted by and play for Vegas. So he kinda told Pens and Vegas I'll drop the NMC if Vegas gets a pick and I'm selected by Vegas .
Vegas wanted great veteran goalie, Pens wanted their young cost efficient goalie, Fleury wanted a fresh start. Worked for everyone.
exo2769 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2019 at 2:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
that goalie is so bad.

I know. 3 cups and 2 SCF losses. He sucks.
SpaghettiPasta and Gmonwy liked this.
Jun. 15, 2021 at 2:08 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: palhal
Remember the trade was a little deeper than that . MAF had a MMC, which he could have enforced, and Pens would have to expose Cup winning goalie Murray.
Fleury wanted to drafted by and play for Vegas. So he kinda told Pens and Vegas I'll drop the NMC if Vegas gets a pick and I'm selected by Vegas .
Vegas wanted great veteran goalie, Pens wanted their young cost efficient goalie, Fleury wanted a fresh start. Worked for everyone.

Looking like a pretty good move right now isn't it!
palhal liked this.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 12:05 a.m.
Go leafs go

It didn't work well for Pittsburg though... They are sure missing Fluery right now.

AND lost a second round pick (which is all they got for Murray anyways).
Jun. 18, 2021 at 9:51 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Saskleaf
It didn't work well for Pittsburg though... They are sure missing Fluery right now.

AND lost a second round pick (which is all they got for Murray anyways).

Pens also like the 3.5m difference in cap for Murray. But the Pens, I don't believe have won a playoff round since their Cup win (and people complain about the Leafs). Would the Pens done better with Fleury as you suggest? And even the Vegas situation, they signed 5m Lehner as their long term solution, and still Fleury is doing the job this season.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 2:40 p.m.
Go leafs go
Pens also like the 3.5m difference in cap for Murray. But the Pens, I don't believe have won a playoff round since their Cup win (and people complain about the Leafs). Would the Pens done better with Fleury as you suggest? And even the Vegas situation, they signed 5m Lehner as their long term solution, and still Fleury is doing the job this season.

The cap hit part is valid, but you can’t possibly tell me Murray>Fluery. At the we time it’s kind of understandable why they did this, but in hindsight it was definitely the wrong move after seeing the success of Fluery in Vegas.
Jun. 18, 2021 at 3:46 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Saskleaf
The cap hit part is valid, but you can’t possibly tell me Murray>Fluery. At the we time it’s kind of understandable why they did this, but in hindsight it was definitely the wrong move after seeing the success of Fluery in Vegas.

Murray was the Pens goalie in their Cup victory, with Fleury as. backup. Pens were betting that young Murray was going to be a better long term value than the "aging" Fleury (now the seemingly ageless Fleury).
Jun. 18, 2021 at 5:35 p.m.
Go leafs go
Murray was the Pens goalie in their Cup victory, with Fleury as. backup. Pens were betting that young Murray was going to be a better long term value than the "aging" Fleury (now the seemingly ageless Fleury).

Oh, I agree at the time it seemed like a good move. I’m saying it’s not good right now.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit