$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$7,750,000$7,750,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 4
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 18, 2023 at 12:38 p.m.
Everybody Loves WPG
Overvalued
Jun. 18, 2023 at 12:43 p.m.
Leafs decline
Jun. 18, 2023 at 12:49 p.m.
Chuck Fletcher isn't the GM any longer and in case people hadn't noticed by the Provorov deal Briere isn't selling players for anything less than premium value.
GMDannyB liked this.
Jun. 18, 2023 at 12:53 p.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: OldSchool
Chuck Fletcher isn't the GM any longer and in case people hadn't noticed by the Provorov deal Briere isn't selling players for anything less than premium value.

People just undervalue Flyers lol let them think they are right who cares
Jun. 18, 2023 at 12:56 p.m.
OTT declines, overpay
Jun. 18, 2023 at 12:58 p.m.
Don't think OTT would make that deal, feel they can roll the dice on another goaltender for cheaper. EDM and TOR deal good value
OldSchool liked this.
Jun. 18, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: GMDannyB
People just undervalue Flyers lol let them think they are right who cares

I think fans honestly think that when a team is openly rebuilding and makes it clear in public that they are "open for business" that they are willing to move their best pieces for pennies on the dollar. Briere showed with the Provorov deal that he will not doing that. Fans also ignore past comparable trades when it comes time for them to acquire players.

Players like Laughton consistently go for first round picks and more. Laughton is better than Jeannot who just went for WAY MORE than Robertson and a 1st.

Fiala is a perfect comparable for TK and he went for the 19th overall pick and a true elite prospect in Brock Faber. Faber is better than Broberg, the 19th pick in a current draft is better than a future first. Hence Edmonton has to add the 2023 second. Yamamoto has neutral value at best and is in the deal to send salary back the other way to help out Edmonton.

As for Hart, he is a tricky one to figure out value for. 24 year old goalies with his upside and amount of starts very rarely get traded. Hart has been good the last two years playing for a horrendous team despite what some fans claim. The only year he was terrible was 20-21. The point people seem to miss is that the Flyers can easily keep him, they don't have to trade him so a team who is inteAnrested has to make it worth their while. I don't think a future 1st, future 2nd, and B level prospect is even that amazing of a return and is more than fair.

Any way, I created this thread because I'm sick of seeing Ottawa, Edmonton, and Toronto fans trying to rip the Flyers off for these players. No we are not trading Hart for a 2nd and two B prospects. No we are not trading TK for a future 1st, Yamamoto, and C level prospect. No we are not trading for Laughton for a first round pick only when there are reports that we were already offered that and turned it down. If you want our players pony up some real assets because you have to give up something good to get something good. Otherwise, stop with the pennies on the dollar offers.
GMDannyB and Moss_Bucket liked this.
Jun. 18, 2023 at 1:07 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Don't think OTT would make that deal, feel they can roll the dice on another goaltender for cheaper. EDM and TOR deal good value

Fair. Hart is the only one I will entertain a real conversation on in terms of value. You can look at similar players to TK and Laughton who were traded recently and simply use them as a blueprint and come up with something similar. Hart is a unique situation and unique player for the trade market as 24 year old goalies with his upside and almost 200 career NHL starts under their belts already very rarely get traded.
Jun. 18, 2023 at 1:38 p.m.
Laughton is not worth a 1st despite flyer fans (& team sponsored media apparently ) saying the opposite 😂. He’s a bottom 6 grinder type, valuable but nowhere near a 1st - especially in such a strong draft. The fact you casually add one of our top prospects, even better 🤣. But heh, more power to you - maybe Tre reads these & will be convinced
Jun. 18, 2023 at 1:49 p.m.
Quoting: MitchMafia
Laughton is not worth a 1st despite flyer fans (& team sponsored media apparently ) saying the opposite 😂. He’s a bottom 6 grinder type, valuable but nowhere near a 1st - especially in such a strong draft. The fact you casually add one of our top prospects, even better 🤣. But heh, more power to you - maybe Tre reads these & will be convinced

Where to begin

He's a middle 6 forward, not bottom 6.

He's not a grinder at all. He is good for 15-20 goals and 30-40 points. Can play Wing, or Center. Can Kill penalties, win faceoffs, and yes play a physical grinding style if need be. He is a jack of all trades vesastile middle 6 forward.

There are reputable reports that the Flyers have already been offered a late first in this draft and turned it down. If you don't like it and that doesn't suit your desire to twist the narrative tough crap.

Laughton is better than Tanner Jeannot who just went for a future 1st, a future 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks in 2023, and a prospect.

An older Nick Foligno who was a 30-35 point winger for three years at the time of his trade and making more money than Laughton went for a 1st and 4th, and that was as a pending UFA.

Those two are just off the top of my head too. Players slightly better, slightly worse, and basically the same as Laughton are traded for late first round picks and more all of the time.

Lastly if Robertson is one of your best prospects you are in serious trouble and I've got news for you. His value is not at a very high point right now. Coming off of the season he had and with the injury concerns there are he has the value of a B prospect right now at best.

So you can put all of the cute emojis in your post and think you are way more clever than you are actually are, all you want, but it doesn't change that from a perspective of facts and reality you are way out of your element here.
Jun. 18, 2023 at 2:13 p.m.
Where to begin

He's a middle 6 forward, not bottom 6.

He's not a grinder at all. He is good for 15-20 goals and 30-40 points. Can play Wing, or Center. Can Kill penalties, win faceoffs, and yes play a physical grinding style if need be. He is a jack of all trades vesastile middle 6 forward.

There are reputable reports that the Flyers have already been offered a late first in this draft and turned it down. If you don't like it and that doesn't suit your desire to twist the narrative tough crap.

Laughton is better than Tanner Jeannot who just went for a future 1st, a future 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks in 2023, and a prospect.

An older Nick Foligno who was a 30-35 point winger for three years at the time of his trade and making more money than Laughton went for a 1st and 4th, and that was as a pending UFA.

Those two are just off the top of my head too. Players slightly better, slightly worse, and basically the same as Laughton are traded for late first round picks and more all of the time.

Lastly if Robertson is one of your best prospects you are in serious trouble and I've got news for you. His value is not at a very high point right now. Coming off of the season he had and with the injury concerns there are he has the value of a B prospect right now at best.

So you can put all of the cute emojis in your post and think you are way more clever than you are actually are, all you want, but it doesn't change that from a perspective of facts and reality you are way out of your element here.

First not sure emojis are clever, in and of themselves, but thanks for the positive feedback.
What reputable reports? Please cite, otherwise first exaggeration.
Laughton has never scored scored 20 goals and has only reached 15 goals once, 40 points once and 30 points three times in a 7-8 year career so a bit of stretch to say he’s ‘good for 15-20 goals and 30-40 points’. Exaggeration #2. A fact to note - 25% of his production last year came on PP; he won’t get a sniff on leafs PP (2nd best in league last year). His 5v5 production is bottom 6, even on a non playoff team like flyers.
His career f/o percentage is <50% and was 47.26% last year; leafs f/o % was 53.1%. Exaggeration #3.
Leafs prospect pool is ranked between 15-20 on pretty much most much rankings. Not bad for a team that has made playoffs (& trade away multiple picks / prospects ) seven straight years. Robertson is universally ranked as one of our top 5 prospects. Exaggeration #4.
You’ve pointed out two comparables - fair enough. Hindsight is 20-20 but I think all can agree they were colossal mistakes. Thanks for proving my point / bottom 6 grinders are never worth 1st rounders.
Jun. 18, 2023 at 2:38 p.m.
Anthony Di Marco of the fourth period reported it. He's the same guy who broke the news that Provorov was being traded. Google it if you don't believe me. So you are wrong there.

I said 15-20 goals which quite literally means between 15-20.

22-23 18 goals
21-22 11 in 67 games (14 in 82)
20-21 9 in 53 games (14 in 82)
19-20 13 in 49 games (22 in 82)
18-19 12 goals

That's an average of 16 goals per season over a five year sample size and he is coming off an 18 goal season. So yeah, he is good for 15-20 goals. As for points he just had 43 and had 30 in only 67 games the year prior. I was being generous saying he is good for 30-40 as opposed to 35-45. Wrong again.

Considering Laughton is a guy who is better suited at wing and spends about half of his team playing center a career faceoff percentage of 50% is really good. I doubt the Leafs have many wingers with almost 5,000 faceoffs taken in their career who can win at that clip. Wrong again.

As for Robertson you are quite literally making this up. The Leafs have a bottom half prospects pool on just about every list. Yes, Robertson is top 5 on your list but that's not saying much in a league wide below average pool. You also just stop there and conveniently ignore that he has played 17 and 38 games the last two seasons COMBINED between the NHL and AHL and along with his lack of size there is legit concern about his ability to stay healthy. Not only that while he is still young he will be 22 in September and hasn't shown much development since his draft +1 year in Juniors in 19-20. His value is at a low and he is a B level prospect at best. Wrong again homeslice.

Lastly, that was two examples off the top of my head. The Jeannot deal was a massive overpayment but my proposal wasn't even half of that. The fact is even IF Laughton is just a "bottom 6 grinder" as you claim that there is a long history of players like that being traded for 1's and more time and time again. NHL GM's value players like that, especially for Teams like the Leafs who are top heavy with scorers and lack the depth and character type players in their bottom 6 who so often make a difference in the playoffs. You know, the playoffs where the Leafs have failed to get past the 2nd round over multiple years with their current core despite being one of the better regular season teams over that span. They need more players like Laughton and they certainly need a player like Laughton a heck of a lot more than a B prospect who can't stay healthy and no clear path to a top 6 role with the Leafs (he isn't suited for a bottom 6 role since he is a small scoring winger) any time soon, or a late first round pick who is likely 3-4 years away from even making an NHL debut let alone having an impact.

Thanks for playing.
Jun. 18, 2023 at 2:53 p.m.
Anthony Di Marco of the fourth period reported it. He's the same guy who broke the news that Provorov was being traded. Google it if you don't believe me. So you are wrong there.

22-23 18 goals
18-19 12 goals

That's an average of 16 goals per season over a five year sample size and he is coming off an 18 goal season. So yeah, he is good for 15-20 goals. As for points he just had 43 and had 30 in only 67 games the year prior. I was being generous saying he is good for 30-40 as opposed to 35-45. Wrong again.

Considering Laughton is a guy who is better suited at wing and spends about half of his team playing center a career faceoff percentage of 50% is really good. I doubt the Leafs have many wingers with almost 5,000 faceoffs taken in their career who can win at that clip. Wrong again.

As for Robertson you are quite literally making this up. The Leafs have a bottom half prospects pool on just about every list. Yes, Robertson is top 5 on your list but that's not saying much in a league wide below average pool. You also just stop there and conveniently ignore that he has played 17 and 38 games the last two seasons COMBINED between the NHL and AHL and along with his lack of size there is legit concern about his ability to stay healthy. Not only that while he is still young he will be 22 in September and hasn't shown much development since his draft +1 year in Juniors in 19-20. His value is at a low and he is a B level prospect at best. Wrong again homeslice.

Lastly, that was two examples off the top of my head. The Jeannot deal was a massive overpayment but my proposal wasn't even half of that. The fact is even IF Laughton is just a "bottom 6 grinder" as you claim that there is a long history of players like that being traded for 1's and more time and time again. NHL GM's value players like that, especially for Teams like the Leafs who are top heavy with scorers and lack the depth and character type players in their bottom 6 who so often make a difference in the playoffs. You know, the playoffs where the Leafs have failed to get past the 2nd round over multiple years with their current core despite being one of the better regular season teams over that span. They need more players like Laughton and they certainly need a player like Laughton a heck of a lot more than a B prospect who can't stay healthy and no clear path to a top 6 role with the Leafs (he isn't suited for a bottom 6 role since he is a small scoring winger) any time soon, or a late first round pick who is likely 3-4 years away from even making an NHL debut let alone having an impact.

Thanks for playing.

Keep cherry picking 😂; if only the league worked on what if’s and if onlys - dude has hit 20 goals in a season exactly once. Maybe because of numerous injuries (including concussions early in his career) - red flag for Robertson but no issue for Laughton? Good thing about nhl - with enough of a sample size, the numbers don’t lie. Maybe on the flyers he’s all you say, but on a good team - bottom 6 every day and twice on Sunday’s.
But heh - keep flagging Laughton , maybe he’ll sign a stick for you before he’s traded for a 2nd/3rd at the deadline.
Jun. 18, 2023 at 3:07 p.m.

22-23 18 goals
18-19 12 goals

Thanks for playing.

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-farm-system-rankings/
https://hockeyprospecting.com/2023/05/01/team-strength-rankings-may-2023/
The Athletic lists Leafs #18 but I don’t have access.
You are welcome, between 15-20 exactly like I said. Objective, informed hockey analysts list Robertson as a top 3-5 prospect in a mid level prospect pool. If you are concerned about Robertson’s injury history then why trade for him?
Jun. 18, 2023 at 3:24 p.m.
Quoting: athrin
OTT declines, overpay

Yeah no chance I'd give that much for Hart. Remove the 1st or JBD and even then I wouldn't be that excited

If Flyers want more, I will gladly look at other options. Contrary to the average fan opinion, Ottawa is not in a dire need of a goalie. Forsberg will be back at 100% and is pretty good. They also have 2 high end goalie prospects in Sogaard and Merilainen who are still a bit young so they need to find a good stop-gap goalie to assist Forsberg. UFA market will have several good/decent goalies

Other GMs don't have to be dumb though, and look elsewhere. But I know Briere, I have listened to him a lot, he's pretty smart.
Jun. 18, 2023 at 3:32 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
I'm not sure why Leafs would be interested in Laughton but certainly not at that price.
Jun. 18, 2023 at 3:39 p.m.
Laughton, Scott is a 3rd line player, nothing more, he is not worth a 1st, don't mean a GM will not offer up a first for him, some GMs overpay, look at Jeannot, Tanner trade, just like sometimes Gm underpay for players (see Cat to OTT and Chych to OTT)

worth/value is not the same as what he will get in a trade
OldSchool liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll