(NYR / ARI) - Deangelo, 2017 1st round pick for Stepan, Raanta

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 15, 2020 at 7:47 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
Quoting: MaxDomi13
Oh okay thxs

Don't forget he also had massive attitude issues for much of his early career, which is why he was forced out of both TBL and ARI. He has matured immensely since then, but he's still a right winger and I'm still a left winger, so I never get tired of calling him Tony Dbag.

@KingLundqvist30
Jul. 15, 2020 at 9:53 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: EmpressKayla
Don't forget he also had massive attitude issues for much of his early career, which is why he was forced out of both TBL and ARI. He has matured immensely since then, but he's still a right winger and I'm still a left winger, so I never get tired of calling him Tony Dbag.

KingLundqvist30

Hold up ain't DeAngelo a RD
Jul. 15, 2020 at 12:14 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Quoting: MaxDomi13
Hold up ain't DeAngelo a RD

tenor.gif?itemid=5208511
Jul. 15, 2020 at 1:54 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: EmpressKayla

@KingLundqvist30

Him verbally fondling the cheeseburger president on social media shows that he really hasn't matured.
Jul. 15, 2020 at 3:08 p.m.
Breadman likes Bread
Quoting: mondo
Him verbally fondling the cheeseburger president on social media shows that he really hasn't matured.

You can’t call someone immature for their political views. It’s their opinion. Yes, you can think that they’re wrong, but just because they support someone doesn’t mean they’re of low intelligence.
Jul. 15, 2020 at 3:49 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: KingLundqvist30
You can’t call someone immature for their political views. It’s their opinion. Yes, you can think that they’re wrong, but just because they support someone doesn’t mean they’re of low intelligence.

Actually, you can call someone immature for political views. Opinions are not sacrosanct and can be criticized and called out on. The fact that he so valiantly supports the McDonalds president in the first place doesn't reflect wonders on his critical thinking abilities. There are probably a number of other NHLers and professional athletes who share similar views, but the fact that they aren't so openly obnoxious about it speaks volumes.
Jul. 15, 2020 at 6:40 p.m.
Quoting: KingLundqvist30

Actually, you can call someone immature for political views. Opinions are not sacrosanct and can be criticized and called out on. The fact that he so valiantly supports the McDonalds president in the first place doesn't reflect wonders on his critical thinking abilities. There are probably a number of other NHLers and professional athletes who share similar views, but the fact that they aren't so openly obnoxious about it speaks volumes.

Try to keep it to hockey related issues, peeps. In a perfect world we could have civil dialogue about many things including politics but the tipping point from civility to craziness is razor sharp in places like this.
PrincessChloe, MisstheWhalers, Rodzikhockey93 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 3, 2020 at 7:27 a.m.
Buljujarvi
If only this wasn’t Lias Andersson....
Nov. 3, 2020 at 9:02 a.m.
rangers win by a small margin, Deangelo and Raanta have both been good ( deangelo's personnality doesn't affact his talent ) and Lias Andersson/ 2nd is better now than Stepan but at the time the trade made sense for both teams so i think if you voted fair or Rangers win you were right
Feb. 16, 2021 at 1:33 a.m.
ovechtrick
Still think Rangers win this on account of not having Tony DeAngelo anymore.
Feb. 16, 2021 at 2:11 a.m.
Quoting: PraVin26
Still think Rangers win this on account of not having Tony DeAngelo anymore.

This was the trade to get DeAngelo.
It's become

Raanta
2021 2nd

For

Will Cuylle
Assuming ADA doesn't play again. At this point Arizona wins.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 11:02 a.m.
Go leafs go

Freedom of Speech...
Mar. 11, 2021 at 11:09 a.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Saskleaf
Freedom of Speech...

Explain to me how my post relates to freedom of speech in any way. I was talking about is maturity.

Also, maybe don't reply to a 9 month old post unrelated to the trade?
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 11:27 a.m.
Go leafs go
Explain to me how my post relates to freedom of speech in any way. I was talking about is maturity.

Also, maybe don't reply to a 9 month old post unrelated to the trade?

I'm just saying it's his constitutional right to say those things, you shouldn't judge him.

Ok, ya I should not have replied to a 9 month old post completely unrelated to the trade. I see now it was a bad idea. Sorry.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 11:40 a.m.
torontos finest
I'm just saying it's his constitutional right to say those things, you shouldn't judge him.

It's a constitution right to say whatever you want without persecution from the government. I'm not the government. Freedom of speech doesn't apply to how people view you based on what you say.

https://xkcd.com/1357/
Kotkaniemi15 and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 12:40 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Ok, ya I should not have replied to a 9 month old post completely unrelated to the trade. I see now it was a bad idea. Sorry.

If it’s illegal to judge or criticize people, then I guess everyone on earth is going to jail.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 2:11 p.m.
shorks
Fair deal. However Tony DeAngelo did revolve into a cancer this year so maybe a win for AZ? Nah.
May 18, 2021 at 1:56 p.m.
Well this trade is now 2nd, Raanta for a soon to be bought out player and a 2nd/Will Cuylle so Arizona wins though if Raanta doesn't resign it becomes a 2nd for Will Cuylle/2nd so might become fair again
Jun. 15, 2021 at 11:48 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
I guess it now balances out a little.

Andersson turned into Cuylle, and Stepan will turn into something in the upcoming draft, so those pieces break even. Raanta and DeAngelo did do some good things for their team, but neither one will be here next season. Given that Raanta might stay if Adin Hill gets plucked, and given the PR nightmare that comes with having DeAngelo on your team, I say ARI wins now. But in the end, this trade will be forgotten unless Cuylle is way better than whoever ARI drafts, or vice versa.
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit