Forums/Armchair-GM

Ross Colton

Created by: Jukinators
Team: 2023-24 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 24, 2023
Published: Jun. 24, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Tampa moves on from colton and adds a young and promising young left defenseman. Killorn and jeannot stay long term and this team banks on the cap increasing 4 million dollars next year in order to give hagel that raise he has already earned
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$2,150,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$3,100,000
1$1,500,000
1$850,000
Trades
TBL
  1. 2023 5th round pick (TBL)
NSH
  1. Myers, Philippe
  2. Seabrook, Brent
  3. 2024 5th round pick (TBL)
DET
  1. Colton, Ross [RFA Rights]
  2. 2023 7th round pick (ANA)
  3. 2025 5th round pick (TBL)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$83,157,500$0$82,500$342,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 8
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$2,150,000$2,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$820,000$820,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,200,000$5,200,000
RD
UFA - 8
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 3
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:36 p.m.
Quoting: LordStanlersCup
I would resign colton over killorn personally but I know what you mean with wallinder, I have the same feeling with Broberg

Everything points to colton being too pricey for tampa now
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:39 p.m.
RetireFedorov
Quoting: Jukinators
Yeah because your ahl dman is so super expensive compared to a Stanley cup champ

That's how rebuilds work, remember when you had one from 07-17
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:42 p.m.
Tampa isn't trading Colton for someone who would be in Suracuse most, if not all of the year. There is no evidence that Tampa can't re-sign him, which is what is likely to happen. As good as Wallinder may one day be at the NHL level, Tampa shouldn't be moving a long term top 6 winger for a player who isn't proven at the NHL level.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:44 p.m.
Quoting: buffbry9108

? we went to the cup final in 2015, and went to the conference finals again in 2016, and only missed the playoffs in 2017 because of injuries. also made the conference finals in 2011 and made the first round in 2014, we havent been in a rebuild since drafting drouin
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:46 p.m.

No I don’t actually because I remember making the ECF 2 times during those years and a SCF And also eliminating you guys in back to back years during that 2007-2017 “rebuild”. But I will take advice on how a rebuild should go from a redwings fan
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:46 p.m.

Lol, Tampa wasn't rebuilding after 2014. The real re-build was from '07-'10, then after a ECF run in '11, more building in '12 and '13. They've been a perennial playoff team since '14, outside of a beyond belief injury riddled '17.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:49 p.m.
Everything points to colton being too pricey for tampa now

tampa should be able to pay him up to 3.5 maybe even 3.75, and anything above that he would only go to a team with no state income tax or it wouldnt make sense and all of those teams either have no cap space or wouldnt have a need for colton. If a team with state income tax wanted colton and was willing to pay above 4.29 per year for him then they would have to be shelling out a 1st and a 3rd
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:50 p.m.
RetireFedorov
No I don’t actually because I remember making the ECF 2 times during those years and a SCF And also eliminating you guys in back to back years during that 2007-2017 “rebuild”. But I will take advice on how a rebuild should go from a redwings fan

You should, we didn't get a 1 and 2 pick like you and you didn't have 25 bad contracts left on your team for multiple years by your previous gm. Wings pass on this deal and it's 0 close. You would get a 2nd for him tops
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:51 p.m.
Quoting: JTBF81
Tampa isn't trading Colton for someone who would be in Suracuse most, if not all of the year. There is no evidence that Tampa can't re-sign him, which is what is likely to happen. As good as Wallinder may one day be at the NHL level, Tampa shouldn't be moving a long term top 6 winger for a player who isn't proven at the NHL level.

Actually all the evidence is point to the exact opposite of what you said but i already know you don’t believe in what reporters say cause hey I’m sure you know more than them right. Tampa trading drouin for Sergy is the only reason this team has won anything. Yes we have to add to get a fair trade this time but the concept is the same. A young, talented and some may say proven defenseman. He won’t even step Foot in Syracuse, after camp he will slot in over fluery and develop in the best organization to do so in
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:55 p.m.
Actually all the evidence is point to the exact opposite of what you said but i already know you don’t believe in what reporters say cause hey I’m sure you know more than them right. Tampa trading drouin for Sergy is the only reason this team has won anything. Yes we have to add to get a fair trade this time but the concept is the same. A young, talented and some may say proven defenseman. He won’t even step Foot in Syracuse, after camp he will slot in over fluery and develop in the best organization to do so in

bit of an exaggeration there, sergy was a help but i think we would have won the cups without him. The reporters said that tampa offered a lower AAV long-term deal to killorn but they also said last year that tampa made a offer for palat and just like palat did, a few days ago it was reported that killorn will be testing free agency. I think we have enough to keep colton but I do agree that wallinder would not go to the cuse and would be our 3LD
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:57 p.m.
You should, we didn't get a 1 and 2 pick like you and you didn't have 25 bad contracts left on your team for multiple years by your previous gm. Wings pass on this deal and it's 0 close. You would get a 2nd for him tops

I apologize we are able to draft better than you guys have. Hopefully having the gm that built this dynasty can help you do the same yet it doesn’t seem to be working just yet. Wings can pass on this deal as they probably should for this price you are right he is more valuable so I trust your opinion that this value for a prospect is not close, having to experience a rebuild from 2010-present day would make you well qualified
Jun. 24, 2023 at 6:59 p.m.
bit of an exaggeration there, sergy was a help but i think we would have won the cups without him. The reporters said that tampa offered a lower AAV long-term deal to killorn but they also said last year that tampa made a offer for palat and just like palat did, a few days ago it was reported that killorn will be testing free agency. I think we have enough to keep colton but I do agree that wallinder would not go to the cuse and would be our 3LD

I truly believe Sergy not being on this roster could have changed the outcome of our 3 year run. Maybe they could have added a dman at the deadline but that would only have left us without more of our assets to add who and what we during that run.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:01 p.m.
I apologize we are able to draft better than you guys have. Hopefully having the gm that built this dynasty can help you do the same yet it doesn’t seem to be working just yet. Wings can pass on this deal as they probably should for this price you are right he is more valuable so I trust your opinion that this value for a prospect is not close, having to experience a rebuild from 2010-present day would make you well qualified

Correct, for the 4 out of 7 years you are correct that the Wings didn't draft well. Then SY came back and so far he is looking solid in his first 3.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:02 p.m.
RetireFedorov

They started it in 18 but ok
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:04 p.m.
Quoting: CoachCoach
Correct, for the 4 out of 7 years you are correct that the Wings didn't draft well. Then SY came back and so far he is looking solid in his first 3.

I really do believe the team he has built so far is one that can be a constant contender in the east. Some more waiting and developing can be all the difference in this team’s success. Wallander is a very valuable asset, I didn’t truly know until after making this post.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:04 p.m.

And you believe reporters with no info on Tampa, as every move and trade Tampa has made doesn't leak until the move/signing has basically happened. The trade sucks for Tampa, as does keeping an aging Killorn over a rising Colton. Tampa can easily afford him above his fair market value of around 3 or so, and they shouldn't be anywhere close to a trade for anything less.than proven NHL talent for him. Wallinder isn't proven at all in the NHL,
and Tampa already has Carlile, who already had a great rookie year in Syracuse. Wallinder wouldn't play anywhere but Syracuse this year with how Tampa develops prospects very slowly. It won't matter though, as neither team does thls trade.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:08 p.m.
They started it in 18 but ok

We made the ECF and we’re 1 game away from the SCF in Steve’s first year here. Then made the SCF in 2015 so in his first 5 years with us he had already built the core of this team that would win a cup. Sure he wasn’t left with the same assets as he was here but don’t blame lottery results for your teams lack of success. So sure it has only been 5 years since he joined the team but is that a excuse
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:13 p.m.
Quoting: JTBF81
And you believe reporters with no info on Tampa, as every move and trade Tampa has made doesn't leak until the move/signing has basically happened. The trade sucks for Tampa, as does keeping an aging Killorn over a rising Colton. Tampa can easily afford him above his fair market value of around 3 or so, and they shouldn't be anywhere close to a trade for anything less.than proven NHL talent for him. Wallinder isn't proven at all in the NHL,
and Tampa already has Carlile, who already had a great rookie year in Syracuse. Wallinder wouldn't play anywhere but Syracuse this year with how Tampa develops prospects very slowly. It won't matter though, as neither team does thls trade.

I don’t know what else there is to tell you. I will no longer look at reports from the actual reporters. I will be getting all my insider information from you as you seem to be in the room with JBB as we speak.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:15 p.m.
I really do believe the team he has built so far is one that can be a constant contender in the east. Some more waiting and developing can be all the difference in this team’s success. Wallander is a very valuable asset, I didn’t truly know until after making this post.

I'm sure it helps being a part of what was built in TB. He was able to step in and learn, while given freedom to make it his team. Brought in the right people and delegated where needed. He gives a lot of (rightfully so) deserved credit to his staff to do their jobs well. Part of why the nickname fits him. Knows his strengths and is still working on his weaknesses.

I picture it as
WW-Mo
Ed-??
AJ-Tuomisto/Anton
when the Wings are competing.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:20 p.m.
Quoting: CoachCoach
I'm sure it helps being a part of what was built in TB. He was able to step in and learn, while given freedom to make it his team. Brought in the right people and delegated where needed. He gives a lot of (rightfully so) deserved credit to his staff to do their jobs well. Part of why the nickname fits him. Knows his strengths and is still working on his weaknesses.

I picture it as
WW-Mo
Ed-??
AJ-Tuomisto/Anton
when the Wings are competing.

Tampa doesn’t need wallinder specifically, just more the player type. Tall, left shot and somewhat unproven in the nhl. We can only afford a near leauge min contract for the 3ld hole we have to fill. So why not let that be a developing rookie. Wallander would have been prefect but there is no way we could pry him away from Detroit.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:23 p.m.
Tampa doesn’t need wallinder specifically, just more the player type. Tall, left shot and somewhat unproven in the nhl. We can only afford a near leauge min contract for the 3ld hole we have to fill. So why not let that be a developing rookie. Wallander would have been prefect but there is no way we could pry him away from Detroit.

broberg fits that description perfectly he has speed and skill but needs to improve his hockey IQ, if you have time watch his highlights he for sure would do well in tampa, I have been trying to get a trade together but it is difficult, still working on it though
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:24 p.m.

I am sure TB will be able to find someone out of nowhere to fill that role lol they always find a way the b*stardos.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:24 p.m.
broberg fits that description perfectly, I have been trying to get a trade together but it is difficult, still working on it though

I made a post 2 days ago with us acquiring broberg. It was colton and 4th for broberg. Oilers fans were not to pleased
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:26 p.m.
I made a post 2 days ago with us acquiring broberg. It was colton and 4th for broberg. Oilers fans were not to pleased

yeah they cant afford him and everyone undervalues colton, its better to keep him and trade picks/prospects
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:26 p.m.
yeah they cant afford him and everyone undervalues colton, its better to keep him and trade picks/prospects

That would be ideal but colton is probably the most valuable asset we would have for a contending team like Edmonton

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll