SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

NHL Draft 2017

Who do you want the Canucks to take at #5OA
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 23, 2017 at 5:10 p.m.
(Taking for granted Nico & Nolan aren't there) Who do you want?
Jun. 23, 2017 at 5:55 p.m.
Based on an interview on him, seems that centre is a top priority and he likes Glass, Vilardi, and Pettersson the most. I feel his order might be 1- Vilardi/Glass, 3- Pettersson
Jul. 7, 2017 at 8:25 p.m.
Quoting: Sahil2020
Based on an interview on him, seems that centre is a top priority and he likes Glass, Vilardi, and Pettersson the most. I feel his order might be 1- Vilardi/Glass, 3- Pettersson

Thanks for letting Kings get Vilardi, guess 3rd time or one is the charm in Petterson or so smile. Pretty impressive how the poll had the players setup based on how they ended up drafted just for the record wink.
Jul. 8, 2017 at 2:22 a.m.
Quoting: Daoloth
Quoting: Sahil2020

Thanks for letting Kings get Vilardi, guess 3rd time or one is the charm in Petterson or so smile. Pretty impressive how the poll had the players setup based on how they ended up drafted just for the record wink.

No problem re Vilardi. I'm a little concerned about his skating ability...would definitely rather have Pettersson over him
PrisonBull liked this.
Jul. 8, 2017 at 6:03 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7

No problem re Vilardi. I'm a little concerned about his skating ability...would definitely rather have Pettersson over him

Considering the Kings were drafting 11th its hard to complain about him falling wink. A few teams seemed like they reached ahead of LA which helped matters... Pearson had bad skating they said but he worked out pretty well improving it. Besides way the Kings play his game of keeping the puck not getting knocked off it is more in their style. Compared to Dwight King or Robyn Regehr he is a Speed Skating champion smile. My worry is he had some surgery already. There been some good players taken 11th overall, hopefully he will be another name on that list wink... Kings would have botched that pick if he wasn't there probably taking a dud like they did in the Drew Doughty draft instead of King Karl, even Voynov in 2nd round over Roman Josi wasn't the best gem even if it helped win a Cup or two smile. Imagine them with King Karl/Drew Doughty in that draft with Roman Josi it would have been 4 cups by now smile.
Jul. 9, 2017 at 12:04 p.m.

Considering the Kings were drafting 11th its hard to complain about him falling wink. A few teams seemed like they reached ahead of LA which helped matters... Pearson had bad skating they said but he worked out pretty well improving it. Besides way the Kings play his game of keeping the puck not getting knocked off it is more in their style. Compared to Dwight King or Robyn Regehr he is a Speed Skating champion smile. My worry is he had some surgery already. There been some good players taken 11th overall, hopefully he will be another name on that list wink... Kings would have botched that pick if he wasn't there probably taking a dud like they did in the Drew Doughty draft instead of King Karl, even Voynov in 2nd round over Roman Josi wasn't the best gem even if it helped win a Cup or two smile. Imagine them with King Karl/Drew Doughty in that draft with Roman Josi it would have been 4 cups by now smile.

Well LA made no mistake picking him. A couple people were bound to fall out of the top 10 and one was Vilardi. The other was Lijegrden, and some teams will regret passing over him for many years
Jul. 10, 2017 at 1:35 a.m.

Well LA made no mistake picking him. A couple people were bound to fall out of the top 10 and one was Vilardi. The other was Lijegrden, and some teams will regret passing over him for many years

Yeah I think the Rangers might have reached a bit on their pick, really all the picks from around Rangers to Kings I wasn't too crazy about... LA likes to play that heavy cycling possession game when they get in the offensive zone... So Vilardi fits that being like 6'3 200+, guy Canucks got is listed at 6'2 161 which would be great for a Swedish Swimsuit Model though not for the Kings style of play smile. When I wanted to fight MMA I got down to like 135 between 0-5% body fat since my scale wouldn't go below 5% smile. I'm a few inches shorter than 6'2, I could easily get to 160+ from hitting 135, hopefully he fills out a bit smile. I thought that one kid from HS was more fat than muscle who was listed at 200ish... His name makes me think of Missletow or whatever they kiss under around Xmas. I posted a thing in Kings forum about 11th overall picks, seems those drafted at Center besides Beach have done well... Sutter, Kopitar, Carter, Mike Sillinger, and Creighton. Oddly enough some of my favorite players have gone 11th overall in Jeff Carter and Jeff Friesen. Long as Vilardi is not another Tukonen, wasn't a fan of Rasmussen or so... Think he injured Vilardi, time will tell its all relative until they produce in NHL anyways. LJerden probably will work out for the Leafs better than many players taken ahead of him if reports are accurate.
Jul. 10, 2017 at 2:58 a.m.

Yeah I think the Rangers might have reached a bit on their pick, really all the picks from around Rangers to Kings I wasn't too crazy about... LA likes to play that heavy cycling possession game when they get in the offensive zone... So Vilardi fits that being like 6'3 200+, guy Canucks got is listed at 6'2 161 which would be great for a Swedish Swimsuit Model though not for the Kings style of play smile. When I wanted to fight MMA I got down to like 135 between 0-5% body fat since my scale wouldn't go below 5% smile. I'm a few inches shorter than 6'2, I could easily get to 160+ from hitting 135, hopefully he fills out a bit smile. I thought that one kid from HS was more fat than muscle who was listed at 200ish... His name makes me think of Missletow or whatever they kiss under around Xmas. I posted a thing in Kings forum about 11th overall picks, seems those drafted at Center besides Beach have done well... Sutter, Kopitar, Carter, Mike Sillinger, and Creighton. Oddly enough some of my favorite players have gone 11th overall in Jeff Carter and Jeff Friesen. Long as Vilardi is not another Tukonen, wasn't a fan of Rasmussen or so... Think he injured Vilardi, time will tell its all relative until they produce in NHL anyways. LJerden probably will work out for the Leafs better than many players taken ahead of him if reports are accurate.

Agreed re New York I was surprised with that pick. Also odd was Detroits pick of Michael Rasmussen. He's a great guy, is reallly physical, and even plays for our local Tri City team, but IMO Vilardi coulda been a top 3 pick. Passing on him for Rasmussen? Meh. Also Lijegdren fits the Leafs needs exactly. I mean, he was supposed to be a really high pick this year. Fell down even worse than Fowler, as much as Chychurn last year, although not as bad as Matthew Strome haha. So considering that the Leafs just got a quality pick that shoulda gone much higher in the draft, and fits their needs exactly, it's nothing but the perfect pick for them
Dec. 26, 2017 at 4:48 p.m.
Looks like Pettersson is the steal of this draft.
nobody liked this.
Jan. 2, 2018 at 3:36 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: PrisonBull

Too early to say he's a "steal", especially at #5 overall. But yes, he's looking like he'll become a terrific player for the Nucks.
Jan. 7, 2018 at 8:10 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
Quoting: PrisonBull

he was probably the guy the Rangers were trading up for (after Makar).

if you follow Alex Nunn on Twitter you know which swedes to get excited about and Pettersson is definitely one of them

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit