SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Anaheim Ducks signed Patrick Eaves (3 Years / $3,150,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 23, 2017 at 7:45 p.m.
Patrick Eaves has signed a new contract with the Anaheim Ducks.
Standard Contract (Extension)
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Bob Murray
Length: 3 years
Value: $9,450,000
Expiry Status: UFA
Cap % Tooltip: 4.20
Signing Team: Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks
Signing Date: Jun. 23, 2017

Patrick Eaves signed a 3 year, $9,450,000 contract with the Anaheim Ducks on Jun. 23, 2017. The contract has a cap hit of $3,150,000.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2017-18M-NTC$3,150,000$3,150,000$0$0$3,300,000$3,300,000$3,300,000
2018-19M-NTC$3,150,000$3,150,000$0$0$3,150,000$3,150,000$3,150,000
2019-20M-NTC$3,150,000$3,150,000$0$0$3,000,000$3,000,000$3,000,000
TOTAL$9,450,000$9,450,000$0$0$9,450,000$9,450,000$9,450,000
CLAUSE DETAILS: Player submits an 8 team no trade list.
CLAUSE SOURCE: CapFriendly
Jun. 23, 2017 at 8:26 p.m.
NateElder12
Awful deal. Deal stoner to save cap and waste it on Eaves.. maybe a good deal for next year but not year two or three
Jun. 23, 2017 at 9:41 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Eaves won't even be able to repeat the success he had this season. ANA is going to regret this, with it possibly ending in a buyout.
Jun. 24, 2017 at 12:50 a.m.
Probably should have let him walk. The chances of a 33 year old replicating a career year are slim.
Jun. 24, 2017 at 4:58 a.m.
I don't see why people hate this contract so much. Guy had a 30+ goal season for a bargain price, taking a chance for 3 years at 3.1M isn't a contract that can't buy out or trade. This is a lot better than signing Russell for 4M cap hit over 4 years for example. When he breaks his leg or goes blind blocking a shot if not dies on the ice people will finally stop this crap sliding to block shots which should be a penalty if goalie isn't pulled anyway. In soccer if dive on ground to block a shot its called a dangerous play will get a penalty if not a card. I remember that player who used to be on Kings who got like serious nerve damage for life sliding to block a stupid shot which only hurts the game not helps it at all. Dustin Brown had 1 30 goal season only to get nearly 6M in cap hit even paying him over 7M dollars in actual money for a salary so smile. Players play a lot longer now, even Hossa was pretty old still producing before a weird skin condition cost him what looks like a HOF career great player. So far I'm the only guy who likes this deal so I must be crazy or right wink...
Jun. 26, 2017 at 10:24 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: Daoloth
I don't see why people hate this contract so much. Guy had a 30+ goal season for a bargain price, taking a chance for 3 years at 3.1M isn't a contract that can't buy out or trade. This is a lot better than signing Russell for 4M cap hit over 4 years for example. When he breaks his leg or goes blind blocking a shot if not dies on the ice people will finally stop this crap sliding to block shots which should be a penalty if goalie isn't pulled anyway. In soccer if dive on ground to block a shot its called a dangerous play will get a penalty if not a card. I remember that player who used to be on Kings who got like serious nerve damage for life sliding to block a stupid shot which only hurts the game not helps it at all. Dustin Brown had 1 30 goal season only to get nearly 6M in cap hit even paying him over 7M dollars in actual money for a salary so smile. Players play a lot longer now, even Hossa was pretty old still producing before a weird skin condition cost him what looks like a HOF career great player. So far I'm the only guy who likes this deal so I must be crazy or right wink...

It's not necessarily the fact that he's older or that he had a career year this season. It's the fact that he's very injury prone and played almost all of last season with a foot injury which caused him to miss nearly every practice. His proneness to injury plus the fact that he plays a punishing play style (net-front, grinding in the corners, gets hit with a lot of pucks, etc.) in addition to his age is why this contract seems less than ideal. Before this season, he'd only played 70+ games twice in ten seasons (not including the lockout-shortened season). So age + late surge + inability to stay healthy + play style make this contract a bit tough to stomach.
Jun. 27, 2017 at 1:44 a.m.
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Quoting: Daoloth

It's not necessarily the fact that he's older or that he had a career year this season. It's the fact that he's very injury prone and played almost all of last season with a foot injury which caused him to miss nearly every practice. His proneness to injury plus the fact that he plays a punishing play style (net-front, grinding in the corners, gets hit with a lot of pucks, etc.) in addition to his age is why this contract seems less than ideal. Before this season, he'd only played 70+ games twice in ten seasons (not including the lockout-shortened season). So age + late surge + inability to stay healthy + play style make this contract a bit tough to stomach.

Jeff Carter was seen as an injury prone player that worked out pretty well for Kings, Gaborik to a lesser degree too smile. I figure if the cap went up by 2M this contract is basically the money added to that cap hit if nothing else. He had a decent Post Season for Stars having 6 points in 9 games after only doing 4 in 7 for Ducks. Looking around the league there are a lot worse players making more money than him. I think even Dustin Penner was making 3Mish a year when on the Kings around 2012. Living in California costs more, if this was Dallas or Florida he would probably have a lower cap hit but make more money. Kings paid Robyn Regehr 3M a season, Dillon makes over 3M a year. Even Greene was at like 2.5M, even if he don't pan out to buy him out isn't that much money. There are players that don't pan out until their 30's, imagine what he can do if he isn't injured smile. Maybe Cogliano can teach this guy how to stay healthy smile. Quick has been injury prone but he has 2 Cups, a free agent would have probably cost them more than 3M that might score 20-30 goals. So factoring in the UFA market I like taking a risk on him to produce when able to play. Bieksa has had injuries at times but is a 4M cap hit, Hamanoic never played a full season but got a return some like while others didn't. I'd worry more if he was a 35+ age contract, the rising cap I think makes this worth the gamble. Thanks for giving a view why others don't seem to like this guy or his contract though smile.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit