SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

3rd line center free agent pickup.

which free agent should pens get for 3rd line.
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 26, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
who would u rather have from free agency list.

thorton would be one hell of pick up and really make it 3 1st lines so dangerous. we all know what bonino bring heart and soul game. hanzal big body reliable center with great face off skills. im not sold on hanzal tho injury prone but on pens with a defined roll he could work. thorton may be impossible to get but as far a cup this could be his last and best chance to get one.
Jun. 27, 2017 at 1:22 a.m.
Thorton does fit the teams speed. It would be charity for the Pens to sign.

Hanzal could work. Less points, lower plus minus then Bonino, but does have a higher face off %.

Bonino DOES work. You know what you're getting. He's a complete player and has 2 Stanley Cups.

If the money is close give it to Bonino. I think he could be had for $4 million or under, which doesn't break our cap even if we over pay all of our RFA.
Jun. 27, 2017 at 12:17 p.m.
i would love to keep bonino also but may be too much money out there, charity thorton still 50 pts year player high fo %. hanzal played for arizona so production was never gonna be good. when he went to wild 3rd line center also 13 in 20 would = 39 same as bonino but u know he will miss 20 games with injury. i really hope bonino comes back. i dont know much about grigorenkos game but 57% fo last year would he be a good pickup for 4th line and depth ??
Jun. 28, 2017 at 10:38 p.m.
Banned
Nielsen, F.
Jun. 29, 2017 at 4:07 a.m.
he would be great but i do believe the wings have him for 6 more years and he doesnt really fit the pens cap numbers for a trade.
Jun. 30, 2017 at 4:37 p.m.
all reports out of pens camp are jr trading for bonino's replacement.
bozak would be amazing but 55 pts last season. that is prob gonna be expensive
a look at all teams this is a very small list of trade partners
detroit has 2 players that would fit the mold of pens 3c helm sheahan
vegas has 3 options eakin marchessalt karlsson
calgary stajan
colorado can still sign and trade grigorenko not qualifing him was a waste of asset by sakic imho always trade bait or addition piece to bigger trade a 3c /4c locked up can still have value
arizona has cousins burmistrov holland jooris
montreal galchenyuk
tampa bay paquette i loved his game watching him in ecf 2 yrs ago it was i think and i think he is expendable to tampa next yr.
and last but not least chicago marcus kruger this could be the realistic choice with some big ifs attached
Jun. 30, 2017 at 4:58 p.m.
Quoting: hockey_GoDz
who would u rather have from free agency list.

thorton would be one hell of pick up and really make it 3 1st lines so dangerous. we all know what bonino bring heart and soul game. hanzal big body reliable center with great face off skills. im not sold on hanzal tho injury prone but on pens with a defined roll he could work. thorton may be impossible to get but as far a cup this could be his last and best chance to get one.

I voted for Hanzal though I think he will cost 3-5M... Cheapest Cap Hit I can see is like 3.25M to 3.666M range depending on how long etc... I figure he would want least a 3 year deal... There some talk about them trading for a Center to replace Bonino too... Jumbo Joe would want at least 2-3 years, some chance he might stay with Sharks along with Marleau for a final run at the Cup... I know it might sound funny but think Hanzal might be the best center that free agency will have. Otherwise maybe Gagner, Bonino, or somebody that got bought out who rebounds on a show me contract like Ducks had with Eaves signing for 3.1M. Wouldn't be surprised to see a retread who was bought out ending up on Pens... Will be interesting to see who they get if they pull off a deal as some rumors claim is coming.
Jul. 1, 2017 at 6:11 a.m.
Quoting: hockey_GoDz
all reports out of pens camp are jr trading for bonino's replacement.
bozak would be amazing but 55 pts last season. that is prob gonna be expensive
a look at all teams this is a very small list of trade partners
detroit has 2 players that would fit the mold of pens 3c helm sheahan
vegas has 3 options eakin marchessalt karlsson
calgary stajan
colorado can still sign and trade grigorenko not qualifing him was a waste of asset by sakic imho always trade bait or addition piece to bigger trade a 3c /4c locked up can still have value
arizona has cousins burmistrov holland jooris
montreal galchenyuk
tampa bay paquette i loved his game watching him in ecf 2 yrs ago it was i think and i think he is expendable to tampa next yr.
and last but not least chicago marcus kruger this could be the realistic choice with some big ifs attached

I'd go to LVK for Eakin. He's pretty young yet, has the potential to score points, but he's ACTUALLY has 3rd line center skills, defense and gives up the body, etc. Haglen would probably be a decent part of that trade as he'll fetch more at the deadline then some other pieces they have. I'm sure they'd like us to throw in a pick so maybe try to get McNabb or Schmidt (though he's an RFA) as well give up a 3rd, and maybe a prospect if we need.

BUT Eaken is nearly $4m ... i think Bonino can be had for no more then $4.25, 4yrs, and as long as he doesn't as for NMC I'd sign him over hoping someone else can come in an do what he ca because Crosby/Maklin Era starts to come a part in the next 4 yrs. No point in taking chances.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit