Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$4,500,000
1$2,000,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Zadorov, Nikita ($1,875,000 retained)
TOR
ARI
  1. Murray, Matt
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (NYI)
  3. 2024 7th round pick (OTT)
TOR
  1. 2025 3rd round pick (COL)
  2. 2025 5th round pick (COL)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$83,434,917$0$0$65,083
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$3,125,000$3,125,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 6, 2023 at 11:14 p.m.
I'm not even a Kraken fan but wow does that suck for them
Jul. 6, 2023 at 11:17 p.m.
Quoting: CorrosionRF
I'm not even a Kraken fan but wow does that suck for them

Contingent on Nylander resigning of course. Nylander is an upgrade on McCann, Larsson is an upgrade on Brodie. Maybe throw in a pick but it's close.
Jul. 6, 2023 at 11:51 p.m.
SirRobo
I really appreciate this acgm. Toews annd kane, that kind of makes sense. Not a kane fan myself but sure if the price is right. And kraken fans may not know it but thats a good trade for them. Brodie, although overpaid, is still an elite penalty killer. Robertsons shot is better than most nhlers and pro scouts will know that. Nylander could run their pp.

I think Jarnkrok easily fetches a 3rd and a 5th. Murrays price is very reasonable. Lilegren for zadorvov makes sense for a retool.

I don't agree with everything, but I think its all very plausible. A very well done acgm imo
Jul. 7, 2023 at 12:04 a.m.
Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
Contingent on Nylander resigning of course. Nylander is an upgrade on McCann, Larsson is an upgrade on Brodie. Maybe throw in a pick but it's close.

Is Brodie an upgrade on Larsson tho? Larsson had more points, better plus minus on a worse team. Larsson has a lower cap hit, signed for longer and he is younger. Yes Nylander had better stats than McCann but there is more to it than that. Both sit relatively even at even strength goals (Nylander with 31, McCann with 30) Nylander had 9 on the pp this year, McCann had 10. Nylander plays on a powerplay that was 2nd in the league, stacked with Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Reilly. How does he do on a powerplay ranked 21st with not nearly the same level of star power? On top of that McCann has 4 years left at a cost controlled 5 million whereas Nylander has 1 year left before he asks for a 10 million dollar raise. Seattle made it farther than the Leafs in the playoffs last year so I don't even know if you can make the argument that this makes their team better. If I'm Seattle I'm thinking why take the risk and why try to "fix" what is already working? You know?
Jul. 7, 2023 at 12:08 a.m.
Is Brodie an upgrade on Larsson tho? Larsson had more points, better plus minus on a worse team. Larsson has a lower cap hit, signed for longer and he is younger. Yes Nylander had better stats than McCann but there is more to it than that. Both sit relatively even at even strength goals (Nylander with 31, McCann with 30) Nylander had 9 on the pp this year, McCann had 10. Nylander plays on a powerplay that was 2nd in the league, stacked with Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Reilly. How does he do on a powerplay ranked 21st with not nearly the same level of star power? On top of that McCann has 4 years left at a cost controlled 5 million whereas Nylander has 1 year left before he asks for a 10 million dollar raise. Seattle made it farther than the Leafs in the playoffs last year so I don't even know if you can make the argument that this makes their team better. If I'm Seattle I'm thinking why take the risk and why try to "fix" what is already working? You know?

I didn't suggest he was, read again. Either way you're not necessarily wrong, we might need to add more. Maybe swap Lily for Brodie to account for the cap and length of term, and if need be add some picks.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 12:13 a.m.
Bedard23
Has there been a more overrated player this off-season then William Andrew Micheal Junior Nylander Altelius?

Yes that is his full name, I’m not exaggerating
Jul. 7, 2023 at 12:15 a.m.
McCann and Larsson have two of the best value contracts in the league. Having a 40 goal scorer and a top pairing RHD for a grand total of $9M annually allows Seattle to build the sort of team depth that has been critical to their success, and I can't see the Kraken giving up one, let alone both, anytime soon, even for someone as good as Nylander. Personally I'd much rather have McCann and Larsson than Nylander on the Kraken, even with Brodie and Robertson thrown in. That's not to say I'm opposed to Seattle exploring a trade for Nylander, but I'm fairly confident neither McCann nor Larsson would be involved. The Kraken would be acquiring a player like Nylander to play WITH those guys.
KrakBirds23 and Quillanrocks liked this.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 12:16 a.m.
I didn't suggest he was, read again. Either way you're not necessarily wrong, we might need to add more. Maybe swap Lily for Brodie to account for the cap and length of term, and if need be add some picks.

Oh whoops. I did read that wrong lul mb.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 12:25 a.m.
Quoting: KrakenTheCode
McCann and Larsson have two of the best value contracts in the league. Having a 40 goal scorer and a top pairing RHD for a grand total of $9M annually allows Seattle to build the sort of team depth that has been critical to their success, and I can't see the Kraken giving up one, let alone both, anytime soon, even for someone as good as Nylander. Personally I'd much rather have McCann and Larsson than Nylander on the Kraken, even with Brodie and Robertson thrown in. That's not to say I'm opposed to Seattle exploring a trade for Nylander, but I'm fairly confident neither McCann nor Larsson would be involved. The Kraken would be acquiring a player like Nylander to play WITH those guys.

Fair enough. How about Brodie + Nylander for Larsson + Burakovsky? Who adds what? I should clarify that my intention would be to upgrade the backend.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 12:32 a.m.

Just ignoring the extra 17 assists that Nylander had.

Also he was on PP2 after the deadline and in the playoffs.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 1:13 a.m.
Fair enough. How about Brodie + Nylander for Larsson + Burakovsky? Who adds what? I should clarify that my intention would be to upgrade the backend.

If you're trying to upgrade the defense, I'm not sure Seattle is the team for it. While the Kraken have enough NHL defensemen for the upcoming season, they don't have a surplus of elite players at those positions, and I can't imagine they'd be willing to trade either of the two they do have, Dunn and Larsson. Those two have been the foundation of the Kraken blue line and arguably the most important players on the team. While Dunn gets much of the attention (and deservedly so), his defensive partner has been just as critical to Seattle's success. Larsson plays over 25 minutes a night against the opposition's top lines, and for those minutes contributes shutdown defense both at even strength and on the penalty kill, while chipping in a surprising amount offensively. If Seattle trades Larsson (or Dunn, for that matter), there's simply no realistic scenario where they would be able to replace him. Because of how Seattle's roster is constructed, the defensive downgrade that would result from losing Larsson would outweigh the offensive upgrade from adding Nylander. For that reason, I don't think the Kraken will even entertain the idea of trading Larsson or Dunn.

If Toronto wants to make a serious defensive upgrade in a Nylander trade, the Kraken could send them some good assets that they could reroute elsewhere for a top flight blue liner, but I can't see them being willing to give up their own elite defensemen.
Quillanrocks liked this.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 1:29 a.m.
Quoting: KrakenTheCode
If you're trying to upgrade the defense, I'm not sure Seattle is the team for it. While the Kraken have enough NHL defensemen for the upcoming season, they don't have a surplus of elite players at those positions, and I can't imagine they'd be willing to trade either of the two they do have, Dunn and Larsson. Those two have been the foundation of the Kraken blue line and arguably the most important players on the team. While Dunn gets much of the attention (and deservedly so), his defensive partner has been just as critical to Seattle's success. Larsson plays over 25 minutes a night against the opposition's top lines, and for those minutes contributes shutdown defense both at even strength and on the penalty kill, while chipping in a surprising amount offensively. If Seattle trades Larsson (or Dunn, for that matter), there's simply no realistic scenario where they would be able to replace him. Because of how Seattle's roster is constructed, the defensive downgrade that would result from losing Larsson would outweigh the offensive upgrade from adding Nylander. For that reason, I don't think the Kraken will even entertain the idea of trading Larsson or Dunn.

If Toronto wants to make a serious defensive upgrade in a Nylander trade, the Kraken could send them some good assets that they could reroute elsewhere for a top flight blue liner, but I can't see them being willing to give up their own elite defensemen.

I appreciate the thoughtful and amiable response; that's rare around these parts. I can totally understand your point of view and truth be told I've just been spitballing different trades with different teams. The reason I chose the Krakken this time is precisely because of my respect for Larsson's game and how underrated he remains to this day.

I was hoping he might be underrated enough for the potential of a trade but you clearly know your stuff. Respect for not getting caught up in the flash and dash...

Serious question, is it time to revisit the Hall for Larsson trade? I mean, I know who I'm taking right now and he's not going to be a cap dump to the hawks...

Keep providing the reasonable dialogue that helps to educate us all. Cheers!
KrakenTheCode and Quillanrocks liked this.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 2:29 a.m.

Nylander is a great player but he's not so much of an upgrade that his value is 4-5 million higher than McCann's (if Nylander extended) . . . AND you have Seattle retaining on what's a pretty darn good contract as it is. Larsson is preferable to Brodie for a multitude of reasons, not least of which is his favorable term and cap number---save mention his value to the Kraken on the ice. I don't see this being a trade Seattle would entertain for too long, IMO.
KrakenTheCode liked this.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 2:33 a.m.
Quoting: Quillanrocks
Nylander is a great player but he's not so much of an upgrade that his value is 4-5 million higher than McCann's (if Nylander extended) . . . AND you have Seattle retaining on what's a pretty darn good contract as it is. Larsson is preferable to Brodie for a multitude of reasons, not least of which is his favorable term and cap number---save mention his value to the Kraken on the ice. I don't see this being a trade Seattle would entertain for too long, IMO.

I honestly just realized I retained, genuinely didn't mean to. That was the 50% I retained on an earlier Zadorov trade so must have mis-clicked, wouldn't make sense with all the cap going their way. But yeah, as you can see in the thread I realized it might not be the most realistic.
Quillanrocks liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll