RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$3,062,500$3M)
C
RFA - 3
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:06 p.m.
Prime Primeau
It isn’t realistic
GMDannyB liked this.
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:08 p.m.
Terry_AkiSauce
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy
It isn’t realistic

What part isn't other than the Samsonov signing?
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:10 p.m.
Prime Primeau
Quoting: Terry_AkiSauce
What part isn't other than the Samsonov signing?

This a hell of a return for Nylander, especially if an extension isn’t in the deal
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:12 p.m.
Terry_AkiSauce
This a hell of a return for Nylander, especially if an extension isn’t in the deal

They get a young RHD back as well who could be a #4 as soon as this season.

Nylander also may sign an extension, I'm sure that would be the idea from Seattle's end
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:13 p.m.
Prime Primeau
They get a young RHD back as well who could be a #4 as soon as this season.

Nylander also may sign an extension, I'm sure that would be the idea from Seattle's end

Larson is a #4. Why trade for another who hasn’t prove himself
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:15 p.m.
Terry_AkiSauce

Age, cap hit, years of team control, progression vs decline
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:16 p.m.
Prime Primeau

Ok, but they are trying to compete. Having an established shutdown D is way more important than a young D that get scratched often
KrakenTheCode liked this.
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:18 p.m.
Danny B is here
Flyers decline
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:28 p.m.

Larsson is not a #4 defenseman, he's a top pairing RHD on a fantastic contract. Though he's more known as a shutdown defender, Larsson outperformed Liljegren offensively this past season, even though Liljegren's game is more tilted towards offense. Simply put, Larsson is a far superior player to Liljegren, and a virtually irreplaceable piece of the Kraken roster. Seattle isn't trading him, not for Nylander, Liljegren, or anyone else.
KrakBirds23 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:35 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: KrakenTheCode
Larsson is not a #4 defenseman, he's a top pairing RHD on a fantastic contract. Though he's more known as a shutdown defender, Larsson outperformed Liljegren offensively this past season, even though Liljegren's game is more tilted towards offense. Simply put, Larsson is a far superior player to Liljegren, and a virtually irreplaceable piece of the Kraken roster. Seattle isn't trading him, not for Nylander, Liljegren, or anyone else.

Hall for Larsson lol one of the worst ever trades and here we are almost a decade later and somehow Larsson has more loads of value still. Hilarious.
KrakenTheCode and KrakBirds23 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:41 p.m.
Prime Primeau

Even better reason to not trade him
KrakenTheCode and KrakBirds23 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2023 at 6:56 p.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
Hall for Larsson lol one of the worst ever trades and here we are almost a decade later and somehow Larsson has more loads of value still. Hilarious.

It's an interesting one to look back on for sure, now that Larsson is in Seattle and Hall is four teams removed from the trade. Hall never got back to the heights he reached in his first season with the Devils, while Larsson has steadily improved over the years; his two most recent seasons as a member of the Kraken have been the best of his career so far. I'm sure if you told people in 2017 that Larsson would end up being the more valuable player six years down the line, no one would believe you. But here we are.
KrakBirds23 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2023 at 7:02 p.m.
Rip
It's an interesting one to look back on for sure, now that Larsson is in Seattle and Hall is four teams removed from the trade. Hall never got back to the heights he reached in his first season with the Devils, while Larsson has steadily improved over the years; his two most recent seasons as a member of the Kraken have been the best of his career so far. I'm sure if you told people in 2017 that Larsson would end up being the more valuable player six years down the line, no one would believe you. But here we are.

Larsson is an enigma, the guy never has the puck, never gets the puck, does nothing with it when he has it. But he blocks a tonne of shots, hits people a lot and has size. He's an okay skater but not great. He seems to make a very specific crowd happy but I don't get it. I wouldn't want him for more than 2 million a year. His numbers certainly have been better in Seattle but I don't buy for a second that he's "improved".
Jul. 9, 2023 at 7:26 p.m.
Larsson is an enigma, the guy never has the puck, never gets the puck, does nothing with it when he has it. But he blocks a tonne of shots, hits people a lot and has size. He's an okay skater but not great. He seems to make a very specific crowd happy but I don't get it. I wouldn't want him for more than 2 million a year. His numbers certainly have been better in Seattle but I don't buy for a second that he's "improved".

I think the reason why Larsson is underrated is that a lot of what he does isn't quantifiable on a stat sheet. He's always been a lockdown defender, and as you pointed out blocks shots and hits, but he's also really effective on that end because he has a high hockey IQ and is able to position himself to disrupt the opposing offense. There's a reason he plays over 20 minutes a night for the Kraken and on the penalty kill, matching up against the best opposing forwards, all while posting one of the highest +/- on the team last year (+27). On the other end, Larsson will never be an offensive dynamo, but his point production has spiked since his arrival in Seattle. I'm sure being on a pairing with Dunn helps, since they complement each other well, but Larsson has a powerful shot when he gets ahold of one and is pretty good at keeping the puck moving. For whatever reason he also has a knack for scoring game winning/overtime goals, potting more in two seasons with the Kraken (5) than over the course of the rest of his career combined (4). If you're not a fan of him, that's fine and I respect your opinion. But personally I'm thrilled to have Larsson on my team for $4M a year.
Quillanrocks and RipNasty liked this.
Jul. 9, 2023 at 8:08 p.m.
That Philly trade is a terrible idea for the Leafs. And I'm not talking trade value.

The Leafs went out and acquired two offensively talented, but defensively terrible forwards this summer in bertuzzi and Domi. Konecny is in the same mold. He is an excellent power forward like player who until July second I'd have loved to acquire. But we can't take him now as all three players have to be sheltered to a degree to use right
Jul. 9, 2023 at 8:22 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: BCAPP
That Philly trade is a terrible idea for the Leafs. And I'm not talking trade value.

The Leafs went out and acquired two offensively talented, but defensively terrible forwards this summer in bertuzzi and Domi. Konecny is in the same mold. He is an excellent power forward like player who until July second I'd have loved to acquire. But we can't take him now as all three players have to be sheltered to a degree to use right

Konecny is a tad small for the power forward mould. He's be the smallest forward on TO unless Robertson makes the team.
Jul. 9, 2023 at 8:40 p.m.
Bedard23
This is as realistic as winning an argument with my parents
Jul. 9, 2023 at 8:41 p.m.
Konecny is a tad small for the power forward mould. He's be the smallest forward on TO unless Robertson makes the team.

Honestly I remembered him having more hits. He does play a physical game for his size but you are correct not a power forward.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 1:55 a.m.
See you space cowboy
Where did this idea that the Kraken would be willing to move their former 4th overall guy in Wright, the same Wright who was seen as the 1st overall player of his draft? I just don't understand.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 2:14 a.m.
Quoting: Moss_Bucket
Where did this idea that the Kraken would be willing to move their former 4th overall guy in Wright, the same Wright who was seen as the 1st overall player of his draft? I just don't understand.

Most of it comes from the idea (falsehood) that Wright's been a disappointment, beginning with his falling in the draft and then second because he didn't tear it up his first season---even in a 24 game playoff showing with Coachella.

Second, it's the idea Seattle absolutely needs a gamebreaking winger, despite being 4th in league scoring last year and having solid depth in that position, already.

Then ultimately it comes down to teams out there who see an easy fit for the trade they fear needs making due to financial restraints. . . . "What, a team with cap space, oodles of picks and a top prospect---yes please!" . . . "While we're at it, we'll take that affordable shutdown RHD from you too, please and thank you!"

Not saying Nylander isn't a good player and Francis shouldn't look into him, but seriously doubt he entertains moving Wright and Larsson to do so.
Moss_Bucket liked this.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 1:50 p.m.
Terry_AkiSauce
Quoting: Quillanrocks
Most of it comes from the idea (falsehood) that Wright's been a disappointment, beginning with his falling in the draft and then second because he didn't tear it up his first season---even in a 24 game playoff showing with Coachella.

Second, it's the idea Seattle absolutely needs a gamebreaking winger, despite being 4th in league scoring last year and having solid depth in that position, already.

Then ultimately it comes down to teams out there who see an easy fit for the trade they fear needs making due to financial restraints. . . . "What, a team with cap space, oodles of picks and a top prospect---yes please!" . . . "While we're at it, we'll take that affordable shutdown RHD from you too, please and thank you!"

Not saying Nylander isn't a good player and Francis shouldn't look into him, but seriously doubt he entertains moving Wright and Larsson to do so.

I think without the first coming back and a Nylander extension with a single digit number, this is a pretty fair deal
Jul. 10, 2023 at 2:55 p.m.
I think without the first coming back and a Nylander extension with a single digit number, this is a pretty fair deal

Fair or not, the 1st Rounder is the only thing I think Francis might be prepared to part with from that deal, IMO. And you nailed it, an agreeable contract extension would be a must.
Jul. 10, 2023 at 6:48 p.m.
Terry_AkiSauce
Quoting: Quillanrocks
Fair or not, the 1st Rounder is the only thing I think Francis might be prepared to part with from that deal, IMO. And you nailed it, an agreeable contract extension would be a must.

I hear you but I think Nylander will be much better than Wright for 2-3 years at least, we'll see after that. Liljegren is more of a bet if you believe in his talent, I think he's better than given credit for. Nylander with an 8 year extension and Liljegren still under team control for Wright and Larsson I think is a good deal for both teams depending on where Seattle believes their window is. They have a lot of cap space coming up and lots of great Cs to add next free agency to complement Beniers. More leaned to Toronto's side due to their needs but I don't think its a bad trade for either team and over time could potentially end up being a fleece for Seattle.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll