Trades
BUF
  1. Lindström, Gustav
  2. Veleno, Joseph [RFA Rights]
  3. 2024 2nd round pick (DET)
  4. 2025 2nd round pick (DET)
CBJ
  1. Bryson, Jacob
  2. Olofsson, Victor ($2,000,000 retained)
WPG
  1. Jokiharju, Henri
  2. Luukkonen, Ukko-Pekka
  3. 2024 1st round pick (BUF)
  4. 2024 2nd round pick (DET)
  5. 2025 2nd round pick (DET)
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$78,002,737$0$4,570,000$5,497,263
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$7,142,857$7,142,857
C
UFA - 7
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,333,333$3,333,333
RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
G
RFA - 2
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 7
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 29, 2023 at 1:05 p.m.
DatsyukianDekes
Detroit accepts easily... but idk why Buffalo would part w/ Savoie
Jul. 29, 2023 at 1:11 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: DatsyukianDekes13
Detroit accepts easily... but idk why Buffalo would part w/ Savoie

I think it definitely makes sense for Detroit as Savoie is a right shot skilled center which they need. Sabres don't really need him and actually need a center like Veleno who is a bottom six center who can really skate and is better defensively.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 1:29 p.m.
Sabres are elite
Quoting: NHLLGRW
I think it definitely makes sense for Detroit as Savoie is a right shot skilled center which they need. Sabres don't really need him and actually need a center like Veleno who is a bottom six center who can really skate and is better defensively.

It makes no sense for Buffalo. We arent parting with Savoie, you make him sound expendable which he isnt, especially not for scrap parts. Veleno is not good, the biggest thing of his career so far was stomping on a player in the WC and rightfully getting suspended. We have tons of better centre prospects and players to play 3C. And Savoie is a far better skater than Veleno btw and no slouch defensively, so if we needed what you describe we would again just keep Savoie
PHEN, Birtle34, AntiAnalytics and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 1:34 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: Skyraider112
It makes no sense for Buffalo. We arent parting with Savoie, you make him sound expendable which he isnt, especially not for scrap parts. Veleno is not good, the biggest thing of his career so far was stomping on a player in the WC and rightfully getting suspended. We have tons of better centre prospects and players to play 3C. And Savoie is a far better skater than Veleno btw and no slouch defensively, so if we needed what you describe we would again just keep Savoie

Savoie krebs benson going to drive teams nuts
Jets12Kozy and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 1:43 p.m.
The Detroit trade is absolutely brutal for buffalo.

Too much for Hellebuyck
AntiAnalytics liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 1:48 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Skyraider112

Ya definitely not faster and definitely not better defensively
Jul. 29, 2023 at 1:49 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Birtle34
Savoie krebs benson going to drive teams nuts

Krebs is a major bust
Jul. 29, 2023 at 1:55 p.m.
Starting with the red wings trade- hard no from Buffalo. Savoie projects to be a much better player, I don't think the addition of Lindstrom and two seconds makes up the difference. The Sabres have Krebs that looks like a logical 3c at some point. At best its still quantity for quality which is the kind of trade nobody wants to make (I mean except the seller).
Boqvist is exactly the kind of defenseman I wanna get away from. Bryson has absolutely no value, but olofsson, especially at 2.5 does. Ultimately I would pass because I just don't want boqvist.
I would consider trading for hellebuyck, but the fact is, with his contract demands, he's a straight rental. He's asking for more than any team is going to wanna commit to a goalie, which means the team that acquires him isn't going to just extend him, it's probably gonna go into ufa next summer and the market will decide, but I don't see him signing for a 3 year 21 million contract---- so he's a rental. Having said that, the price for a goalie rental is probably a first, plus something small. So I don't hate it, but you are overpaying by several pieces.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: NHLLGRW
Krebs is a major bust

He is who he is, effort/defensive/120 foot game/. Offensive game lacking, but going to be a glue guy going forward, do all the little things right. Good leader and veteran to show savoie and benson the ropes.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 2:39 p.m.
Any time I see one of the Sabres young centers mentioned in a trade fans are up in arms. Both Thompsen and Cozens are locked up long term, so you have Krebs, Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund and Whalberg all fighting for 2 NHL spots, most teams could just move them to the wing but you just as many prospects coming up there. So what's the plan keep them as AHLers?
GhostGM92 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 2:53 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: Shaun80
Any time I see one of the Sabres young centers mentioned in a trade fans are up in arms. Both Thompsen and Cozens are locked up long term, so you have Krebs, Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund and Whalberg all fighting for 2 NHL spots, most teams could just move them to the wing but you just as many prospects coming up there. So what's the plan keep them as AHLers?

Krebs probably headed for the wing or 4c, I still think savoie scooping cozens for 2c for more of a offensive line, and cozens leads a line that neutralizes a offensive line and chips in where they can, not sure on the rest, don’t know the squad that well.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 3:16 p.m.
Edited Jul. 29, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
He is who he is, effort/defensive/120 foot game/. Offensive game lacking, but going to be a glue guy going forward, do all the little things right. Good leader and veteran to show savoie and benson the ropes.

I wouldn’t say Krebs “offensive game has been lacking”
We use him in such a defensive role, it shouldn’t be surprising that his offensive numbers are “meh”
Guy plays on a line with our Captains against the other teams’ best offensive players

I think Krebs has been developing really nicely
And as Cozens & Quinn continue to develop their defensive games, you’ll see their line take some defensive responsibilities & free up Krebs to use his offensive talents more
Birtle34 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 3:18 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: AntiAnalytics
I wouldn’t say Krebs “offensive game has been lacking”
We use him in such a defensive role, it should t be surprising that his offensive numbers are “meh”
Guy plays on a line with our Captains against the other teams’ best offensive players

I think Krebs has been developing really nicely
And as Cozens & Quinn continue to develop their defensive games, you’ll see their line take some defensive responsibilities & free up Krebs to use his offensive talents more

Got a little defensive with the major bust label getting thrown around lol
AntiAnalytics liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 3:19 p.m.

Savoie almost certainly starts on the wing, & could very well stay there
Kulich as well
Krebs can play Center or the wing

The other u mentioned are YEARS away,
& we have plenty of time to figure out where they fit in

Can we fit EVERYONE?
No, obviously not
But it’s also not an IMMEDIATE issue we need to figure out
We’ve got time
sabres89 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 3:21 p.m.
Got a little defensive with the major bust label getting thrown around lol

When i see comments of that nature,
that are just that ABSURD,
I don’t even bother with the guy who posted it
Bc the chances of having a reasonable convo with him are slim-none
Jul. 29, 2023 at 3:25 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
When i see comments of that nature,
that are just that ABSURD,
I don’t even bother with the guy who posted it
Bc the chances of having a reasonable convo with him are slim-none

Been pulling for krebs since junior, was hoping my jets were going to latch onto him, they never seem to grab anyone I like out of junior though, even if they are sitting there when they pick. So Vegas run to the podium for krebs, even when he’s rehabbing an off-season knee injury, has to say something. He would be a absolute force if he was 6’2
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 3:48 p.m.
Savoie almost certainly starts on the wing, & could very well stay there
Kulich as well
Krebs can play Center or the wing

The other u mentioned are YEARS away,
& we have plenty of time to figure out where they fit in

Can we fit EVERYONE?
No, obviously not
But it’s also not an IMMEDIATE issue we need to figure out
We’ve got time

If you look at the players locked up past this season you have Skinner, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Tuch, Greenway, and Rousek on the wings, you add Krebs and savoie that fills all 8 wing positions. Then that leaves Rosen, Benson, Neuchev, and Nadeau without a roster spot to fight for. It's a great problem to have, but there are just too many high quality players and not enough roster spots.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 3:57 p.m.
Edited Jul. 29, 2023 at 5:04 p.m.
Been pulling for krebs since junior, was hoping my jets were going to latch onto him, they never seem to grab anyone I like out of junior though, even if they are sitting there when they pick. So Vegas run to the podium for krebs, even when he’s rehabbing an off-season knee injury, has to say something. He would be a absolute force if he was 6’2

I think he’ll end up being a really good 2way Center for us
Cozens line is gonna start taking more of the tough defensive situations off the hands of the Krebs line
I expect to see a very modest boost in Krebs offense this year
And then a more significant boost next year

Next year is when i see Krebs really getting some freedom to focus a bit more on offense & develop his 2way game,
as opposed to just (basically) playing the defensive Center role he currently is in

It’ll also help (likely next year) when Krebs gets some more offensive minded linemates
He’s been playing (mostly) between our Captains- Okposo & Girgensons- who are 2 of our most reliable defensive forwards
But as we have young talent come up & figure more into the lineup, the more Krebs will have to play off of in an offensive manner

For example:
Someone above suggested a line of Benson-Krebs-Savoie
That line WILL score- & score a lot
But it’s only one example of the possibilities we have coming soon

I actually expect Kulich to get decent callup time this season
*he might even make the roster right out of camp (with Quinn hurt for a bit)
And he’s got a pretty good 2way game, so i could see him & Krebs gel nicely together
They also both play Center & the wing, which is true of most of our young forward talent we have coming

Sorry to ramble, lol
Jul. 29, 2023 at 4:03 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I think he’ll end up being a really good 2way Center for us
Cozens line is gonna start taking more of the tough defensive situations off the hands of the Krebs line
I expect to see a very modest boost in Krebs offense this year
And then a more significant boost next year

Next year is when i see Krebs really getting some freedom to focus a bit more on offense & develop his 2way game,
as opposed to just (basically) playing the defensive Center role he currently is in

It’ll also help (likely next year) when Krebs gets some more offensive minded linemates
He’s been playing (mostly) between our Captains- Okposo & Girgensons- who are 2 of our most reliant league defensive forwards
But as we have young talent come up & figure more into the lineup, the more Krebs will have to play off of in an offensive manner

For example:
Someone above suggested a line of Benson-Krebs-Savoie
That line WILL score- & score a lot
But it’s only one example of the possibilities we have coming soon

I actually expect Kulich to get decent callup time this season
*he might even make the roster right out of camp (with Quinn hurt for a bit)
And he’s got a pretty good 2way game, so i could see him & Krebs gel nicely together
They also both play Center & the wing, which is true of most of our young forward talent we have coming

Sorry to ramble, lol

All good enjoy the passion, I’m a jets fan so only get majority of the conversation about them, with some leafs and oilers flames mixed in. Don’t get a whole lot of any where else. I’m liking this Buffalo build, follow Winnipeg and Brandon pretty closely in junior, so have seen a lot of savoie and benson, and a little bit of krebs. Little worried that savoie was going to get hurt bad when he came in as a kid, looked so small, but so fast. Got rocked the first time out against Brandon, but seemed to improve every season since. Too bad the ice moved to Washington state. But Buffalo definitely got some players coming
Jul. 29, 2023 at 4:09 p.m.
Edited Jul. 29, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
If you look at the players locked up past this season you have Skinner, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Tuch, Greenway, and Rousek on the wings, you add Krebs and savoie that fills all 8 wing positions. Then that leaves Rosen, Benson, Neuchev, and Nadeau without a roster spot to fight for. It's a great problem to have, but there are just too many high quality players and not enough roster spots.

Sure
And like i alluded to- SOME of those guys u mention will be moved

But it’s also NOT an IMMEDIATE situation we need to figure out
Savoie & Benson, for example, will spend more time in juniors then they probably need to
Rosen & Nadeau will likewise spend more time in the AHL then they really need to

There’s no RUSH on our end to get ANY of these guys into the Sabres lineup
You’re acting like we need to find spots for ALL these guys by NEXT season, & that’s simply not true

But yes, like I’ve already admitted, we don’t have room for EVERYONE
We have an absurd amount of young talent here already,
with more coming
So moves absolutely will have to be made

They just need to be moves that actually make sense, unlike many of the suggestions thrown about on this site
We aren’t dumping our young talent for “rentals” for example
*see that ALL THE TIME here
Shaun80 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 4:14 p.m.
All good enjoy the passion, I’m a jets fan so only get majority of the conversation about them, with some leafs and oilers flames mixed in. Don’t get a whole lot of any where else. I’m liking this Buffalo build, follow Winnipeg and Brandon pretty closely in junior, so have seen a lot of savoie and benson, and a little bit of krebs. Little worried that savoie was going to get hurt bad when he came in as a kid, looked so small, but so fast. Got rocked the first time out against Brandon, but seemed to improve every season since. Too bad the ice moved to Washington state. But Buffalo definitely got some players coming

We certainly will need to tweak things as we move forward the next few years
But as long as the goaltending works out for us,
we should be in really great shape moving forward

Exciting time to be a Sabres fan for sure

Speaking of Winnipeg….
I’m floored u guys haven’t had more success
Especially with Hellebuyck holding down the net for u guys
Seems to me like u guys are at a point where you’ve gotta decide if you’re gonna totally scrap it & rebuild,
or if you’re just gonna try to retool quickly & stay playoff contenders

What’s going on with the Jets in your opinion?
Jul. 29, 2023 at 4:19 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Sure

Savoie & Benson, for example, will spend more time in juniors then they probably need to
Rosen & Nadeau will likewise spend more time in the AHL then they really need to

You’re acting like we need to find spots for ALL these guys by NEXT season, & that’s simply not true

with more coming

They just need to be moves that actually make sense, unlike many of the suggestions thrown about on this site

I thought for sure 13 pick benson was going for a Comrie/upl upgrade to partner with Levi for 3/4 years of a tandem similar to the bruins situation the last few years. But benson was a gift at 13
Jul. 29, 2023 at 4:25 p.m.
I thought for sure 13 pick benson was going for a Comrie/upl upgrade to partner with Levi for 3/4 years of a tandem similar to the bruins situation the last few years. But benson was a gift at 13

There was a lot of that kinda talk in Buffalo as well

But with Benson falling to us at 13,
I’m obviously very glad we were patient & didn’t make a desperate move at goalie

To think that in a couple years, we’ll have Benson & Savoie reunited on a line for us- that’s pretty exciting for our future
Especially considering that they’ll be in our THIRD LINE
We are so stacked at forward it’s absurd

The future is looking bright for us, really bright
Jul. 29, 2023 at 4:27 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
We certainly will need to tweak things as we move forward the next few years
But as long as the goaltending works out for us,
we should be in really great shape moving forward

Exciting time to be a Sabres fan for sure

Speaking of Winnipeg….
I’m floored u guys haven’t had more success
Especially with Hellebuyck holding down the net for u guys
Seems to me like u guys are at a point where you’ve gotta decide if you’re gonna totally scrap it & rebuild,
or if you’re just gonna try to retool quickly & stay playoff contenders

What’s going on with the Jets in your opinion?

Ownership/management scared of the fanbase to even bring up rebuild, team needs a rebuild and a bottom out. If scheifele/helly gets moved, I’m scared that there is going to be a rather large hole at 1c/2c, and net possibly get to mid, but also missing that stud defenseman only usually picked in the top 7/8 in draft and usually top 5 ish. So going to grind and try to pull out all the stops to bubble next few years, alienate Connor/ehlers, maybe even morrissey and force them all out of town and probably have a nasty rebuild. I like our last 2/3 first rounders, and what was brought back in that Dubois trade, so there is some hope. Jets should have done more with the talent they had, but never truly recovered from buffy retiring and exit of myers and trouba. Jets need more of a junior philosophy or lesser Montreal expos philosophy and fire sale and buy into a major rebuild, every 7/8 years. But never go over well with the fanbase.
Jul. 29, 2023 at 4:38 p.m.
Sure

with more coming

Lol I get that, and im sure you see all the dumb trades because Buffalo's needs are so few. You look at the depth charts and it looks like they're set on RD, but I think that's the only thing they're really lacking is a top pairing RD and the teams that have them aren't to keen on giving them up.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll