SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vegas Golden Knights

vegas defensive trades values

best value dmen trade.
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 28, 2017 at 5:05 p.m.
due to waiver situtations still need to trade 4 d men and possible 1 forward. who do u think has best value left to trade. i would like to see them keep mcnabb schmidt theodore reinhart and no ? they keep engelend and prob merrill. after seeing what methot brought i dont think any of the picks with be 3rd or higher prob most picks 4-5-6 rounders. who do u think should go and for what price?
Jun. 28, 2017 at 7:53 p.m.
Quoting: hockey_GoDz
due to waiver situtations still need to trade 4 d men and possible 1 forward. who do u think has best value left to trade. i would like to see them keep mcnabb schmidt theodore reinhart and no ? they keep engelend and prob merrill. after seeing what methot brought i dont think any of the picks with be 3rd or higher prob most picks 4-5-6 rounders. who do u think should go and for what price?

I didn't like what they drafted or them trading a right shot they got from Chicago... I'd like to keep Miller who had won fastest skater/hardest shot when AHL All Star on Kings also has the Championship in that league smile. Garrison to start the season, he had a good year on Florida when had like 16 goals, used to have a nice booming shot other positives. Emelin I never liked would like to see him traded, Stoner is another guy would like to see moved his salary also his hunting bothers me. He had posted pics of killing some bear after won a lottery to be able to murder it. In general never felt he amounted to anything, had him on a keeper league back in day even like Burns was on Minnesota who did pan out smile. Emelin is a high salary I'd like to see moved, Sbisa might be good to help develop the younger Defense since they shipped out Schlemko among others.

Out of all those mentioned I would like to keep Miller most, Garrison second, Sbisa third... While don't want Stoner or Emelin, though don't expect much return for them if only got a 5th for Schelmko ala Keaten Ellerby when Kings traded for him smile. I liked McNabb when he was on the Kings along with the trade to get him even if he got caught up in the numbers game. He probably has more upside than Sbisa, Emelin or some others. Maybe 4th round or 3rd round picks are most that can expect for Emelin/Stoner or some prospect/bad contract. I'm not a big fan of Merrill think they should have taken Smith Pelly or so who has shown flashes on Ducks and Devils.
Jun. 28, 2017 at 8:15 p.m.
Canucks fan here. If Vegas can get a return for Sbisa, take it. He's absolutely horrendous in all ways. The funny thing about him is that he stinks at penalty killing, yet that's called on of his "strengths". Terrible shot surpression and possession numbers, to go with more goals being scored by the other team whenever Sbisa is on the ice. He didn't even play like a third pairing dman on a terrible Canucks team. If he isn't good enough to be a #6 on the Nucks, where else is there to play? Not to mention his contract is 3.6M too much than he deserves. Vegas should be happy if they can get something for him. I'm personally happy he was taken, instead of say Reid Boucher (who actually had upside unlike Sbisa), so thanks Vegas!
Jul. 1, 2017 at 9:48 p.m.
ya i agree booth i thought that and thornburn and brickley were the worst 3 picks vegas made, and not happen they didnt keep tvr. merrill not wise choice either but this is mcphee the person who traded for erat.
Jul. 2, 2017 at 1:58 a.m.
Quoting: hockey_GoDz
ya i agree booth i thought that and thornburn and brickley were the worst 3 picks vegas made, and not happen they didnt keep tvr. merrill not wise choice either but this is mcphee the person who traded for erat.

Goes to show some people just never learn laugh
Jul. 2, 2017 at 10:20 a.m.
Just be glad Vegas got least a 3rd rounder to shed Emelin which I figured would be most they could get for him or Stoner pick wise smile. Garrison I think was the guy who looked real strange at the Expansion Draft... Like Vald the IMplaer or something out of a pirate movie smile. I don't think anybody would take Sbisa with his 4M salary, how did he get that contract? I think most goals he ever scored was like 5, so what did he have 3 goals then hire his family agents Gambino and Genevese or something smile? Granted he is probably one of the best Italian players in the NHL so I can't knock him for getting paid only those who pay him smile.
Jul. 2, 2017 at 12:08 p.m.
Quoting: Daoloth
Just be glad Vegas got least a 3rd rounder to shed Emelin which I figured would be most they could get for him or Stoner pick wise smile. Garrison I think was the guy who looked real strange at the Expansion Draft... Like Vald the IMplaer or something out of a pirate movie smile. I don't think anybody would take Sbisa with his 4M salary, how did he get that contract? I think most goals he ever scored was like 5, so what did he have 3 goals then hire his family agents Gambino and Genevese or something smile? Granted he is probably one of the best Italian players in the NHL so I can't knock him for getting paid only those who pay him smile.

How did he get that contract? Short answer: incompetent management. Longer answer: he was one of the "key pieces" in Anaheims fleece of us in the Kesler trade. They saw him as a player with top 4 potential who could be a fixture in their second pairing. Little did they know that he stinked. Alas, just because the entire team had a good year and made the playoffs, management gave Sbisa this contract, again thinking he will play next year in the top 4. Not to say he didn't, but he did not deserve it for sure. I've explained why in another post on this thread, they're many arguments to support why he shouldn't even be playing in the NHL. I thank Vegas so much for removing this pylon from our team
Jul. 7, 2017 at 1:52 a.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Quoting: Daoloth

How did he get that contract? Short answer: incompetent management. Longer answer: he was one of the "key pieces" in Anaheims fleece of us in the Kesler trade. They saw him as a player with top 4 potential who could be a fixture in their second pairing. Little did they know that he stinked. Alas, just because the entire team had a good year and made the playoffs, management gave Sbisa this contract, again thinking he will play next year in the top 4. Not to say he didn't, but he did not deserve it for sure. I've explained why in another post on this thread, they're many arguments to support why he shouldn't even be playing in the NHL. I thank Vegas so much for removing this pylon from our team

Yeah at least if Vegas is getting blown out they can leave him on the ice trailing 3-5 goals smile. I actually picked him as the player Vegas would take from Vancouver which is what really worried me most. I remember 1 year Kings were Cup Contenders that they talked up a player who was good on PK that would always allow goals to other team when on ice it seemed. They also finally shortened the bench in 2014, since certain players were a liability at best... Especially against Chicago, at least Vancouver didn't do the Seguin trade Boston did hehe... I think Toronto is still playing Kessel who has really suffered on Penguins smile. I couldn't stand Robyn Regehr when he was on Kings making 3M who helped cost them any shot at a cup in 2013 dragging Drew Doughty down playing w/ 1 arm after a bad trade losing 2 second rounders for him. Guy was so slow he couldn't even make it back to touch up an icing if had faceoff in the offensive zone.

Thanks for taking time to explain things about Sbisa though. I always thought he sucked, couldn't grasp how he was getting paid that kinda money. Thought maybe they felt he was good in some advanced stat or had upside potential for whatever reason. He reminds me of this other Ducks D-men, I think I had Kesler in a keeper league back in day when started out. I remember had some American born player who was on Canucks that was pretty good... Though I remember he got hurt or had some injury so wasn't sure if he retired or it was actually Kesler. Bad memories from those leagues, I often was the guy doing the scoring which was brutal back then to do all the players by hand etc wink. Used to even do the old pencil/paper records before computers were more popular back in the 90's, had to use box score from the newspaper which would make errors in them too smile.
Jul. 12, 2017 at 10:23 p.m.
I would get rid of Griffin Reinhart. 23 year old lottery ticket that will never pay out because he never learned to skate faster or think smarter than a zamboni. Even if you get nothing for him, you might get to keep someone else who contributes.

Unfortunately for Vegas fans they probably picked him hoping to have some players still playing in a few years when they plan to start making a dent in the standings.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit