Forums/San Jose Sharks

Future of Marleau and Thornton

Marleau and Thornton's future
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 29, 2017 at 5:41 p.m.
TheGiftedYoungRider
Edited Jun. 29, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
As we all probably know, Marleau and Thornton are both unrestricted free agents. Where are they going to be at the start of the 17'-18' season? My thoughts are Marleau leaves while Thornton gets resigned, but who knows.
Jun. 29, 2017 at 7:13 p.m.
TheGiftedYoungRider
Side question, if you think one or both is leaving, where to?
Jun. 29, 2017 at 8:22 p.m.
Quoting: TheGiftedYoungRider

I wrote a thing in the Kings forum about how Joe might fit in with them... I think depending on the salary cost there is maybe a 50/50 chance they both end up on Kings... I thought Joe would cost 9 or 10 million over 3 years, though some think he would take as little as 6M over 3 years. In that case I think his chances of ending up on Kings are higher... Marleau I think will cost between 3-5M in cap hit, maybe if they both went to Kings he would be like 4M w/ Joe 2 for a hit of 6M which would be doable especially if Gaborik is out. They could end up broken up, either could be LW on the Kopitar line or even Jeff Carter. Could even have Marleau, Joe, Carter as the 2nd line moving up Pearson/Tyler to the 1st with Kopitar. There a lot of options, maybe they would all be on the PP together...

Marleau I think could end up on almost any team, Joe probably has a higher chance to end up on Kings than him. I don't think they are heading to Vegas, probably would have to be teams who Post Season teams with a chance for Cup or fringe ones. Maybe one of them ends up on Nashville to replace Neal, no clue about Dallas, Ducks could be an option since they were kinda close also freed up salary losing Bernier/Stoner etc. In the East I don't know if they would play for Islanders or a team like the Rangers... In a way its real sad they both could leave the Sharks without ever winning a Cup. Would either fit on a team like the Wild, Blues, Chicago, Flames, don't see them going to Oilers. Read a rumor about Maple Leafs having interest, though can't trust that given the location of hockey media sources smile.
Jun. 29, 2017 at 9:04 p.m.
TheGiftedYoungRider
Quoting: Daoloth

I wrote a thing in the Kings forum about how Joe might fit in with them... I think depending on the salary cost there is maybe a 50/50 chance they both end up on Kings... I thought Joe would cost 9 or 10 million over 3 years, though some think he would take as little as 6M over 3 years. In that case I think his chances of ending up on Kings are higher... Marleau I think will cost between 3-5M in cap hit, maybe if they both went to Kings he would be like 4M w/ Joe 2 for a hit of 6M which would be doable especially if Gaborik is out. They could end up broken up, either could be LW on the Kopitar line or even Jeff Carter. Could even have Marleau, Joe, Carter as the 2nd line moving up Pearson/Tyler to the 1st with Kopitar. There a lot of options, maybe they would all be on the PP together...

Marleau I think could end up on almost any team, Joe probably has a higher chance to end up on Kings than him. I don't think they are heading to Vegas, probably would have to be teams who Post Season teams with a chance for Cup or fringe ones. Maybe one of them ends up on Nashville to replace Neal, no clue about Dallas, Ducks could be an option since they were kinda close also freed up salary losing Bernier/Stoner etc. In the East I don't know if they would play for Islanders or a team like the Rangers... In a way its real sad they both could leave the Sharks without ever winning a Cup. Would either fit on a team like the Wild, Blues, Chicago, Flames, don't see them going to Oilers. Read a rumor about Maple Leafs having interest, though can't trust that given the location of hockey media sources smile.

Ya, thats true. I heard the same thing about the Leafs wanting Marleau. My guess is they will be signed somewhere in the next 3 days tops.
Jun. 30, 2017 at 12:36 a.m.
Quoting: Daoloth

Ya, thats true. I heard the same thing about the Leafs wanting Marleau. My guess is they will be signed somewhere in the next 3 days tops.

How much do you think the cap hit will be for Marleau and Jumbo Joe? I really thought Boedker would have worked out better when they signed him. I think they needed a right shot D to replace Polock, maybe even play DeMelo with Schlemko or Dillon. Will be interesting to see where both of them end up even if its sad to see them leave SJ.
Jun. 30, 2017 at 2:23 a.m.
Schlemko got picked by Vegas and then got traded to MTL, so hes no longer with the Sharks. But yeah it would be seriously awkward seeing them in different jerseys, especially Marleau. I just can't wrap my head around that idea
Jun. 30, 2017 at 8:06 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Schlemko got picked by Vegas and then got traded to MTL, so hes no longer with the Sharks. But yeah it would be seriously awkward seeing them in different jerseys, especially Marleau. I just can't wrap my head around that idea

Yea, I can see Thornton staying in SJS, but Marleau might go elsewhere. Then again, SJS still hasn't signed Thornton so maybe he will go elsewhere. Either way, I think SJS's Stanley Cup window is almost shut.
Jun. 30, 2017 at 10:37 a.m.
Quoting: DarylthePony
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Yea, I can see Thornton staying in SJS, but Marleau might go elsewhere. Then again, SJS still hasn't signed Thornton so maybe he will go elsewhere. Either way, I think SJS's Stanley Cup window is almost shut.

Oh its shut unless Heed is going to be some dynamic player smile. I didn't like them using the double lefty D-man pairing. Thought Dillon was a liability in the Cup Run. Really expected Boedker to be closer to 20 goals with 50 points instead of the season he had. Hertl has never been the same since Dustin Brown, thought he might be the Finnish Flash 2.0 or something. He had a game with Rangers where like scored a crazy goal between his legs or something. Think he had a few goals in that game, it could have been preseason too, guy really looked like might be a special player maybe win the rookie of the year before like a knee to knee with dirty player Dustin Brown. I don't think I could pass a lie detector about Brown doing it on purpose, though I hope he didn't. Wanted to toss on my #39 Jeff Friesen jersey for when they won or were skating around with the Cup. I thought if they had somebody like Boedker for the Cup final they would have won it all. I wont live to see Sharks ever win a Cup, wasted some money on merchandise for that final too frown. Have a T-shirt with like Crosby/Pavelski, a program a few other things I'll never wear smile. I wasn't big on when they signed Schlemko felt they needed a right shot D-man or should have ditched Dillon to play him with DeMelo. Heed had alright numbers for a minor league player so who knows. At least Vegas got a nice Keaten Ellerby 5th round pick for Schlemko... Sharks probably would have did better if they rested Jumbo Joe instead of him getting hurt too. Team can't win with laces on their uniform, ruined one of the best in NHL by adding them smile. At least they gave up wearing the Sharks wanna be Kings black jerseys even if they looked alright. I think SJ is just a fringe Post Season team right now, maybe they will sign a free agent or make some moves to change that though. That franchise had some teams that were Cup worthy, though they didn't keep Kipper in net so smile. If he got Flames to a SCF probably winning if ask Gelinas though NHL wanted Tampa to get the crown... I believe Kipper would have won least 1 cup for them, tried to trade for him when used to do a fantasy keeper league. Even after he got traded to flames I still couldn't get him. I think i ended up with Toskala, Jones played well for them, so not blaming him, least I save money by not having any Championship gear to ever buy for them smile.
Jul. 2, 2017 at 6:51 p.m.
TheGiftedYoungRider
Called it

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit