$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 8, 2023 at 12:29 a.m.
Puckhead
I agree with all of this, you can blender those lines and won’t go wrong.

I also think each team got value.

Love Pesce and Middleton for the Leafs.

I love blowing it up so I would even try and trade Marner after the playoffs to resign\extend some of those guys.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 12:32 a.m.
Banned
No, this isn’t good for all. Minnesota says no. So does zuccarrello. We aren’t giving up Middleton, foligno for free agent to be and nothing else. With all due respect, how many nylander to Minnesota are you going to do?
Sep. 8, 2023 at 12:34 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: GM_SZK

I love blowing it up so I would even try and trade Marner after the playoffs to resign\extend some of those guys.

Minnesota doesn’t. Zuccarrello shuts down the deal. They aren’t trading a big body dman on cheap contract who plays with spurgeon. Highly doubt the gm is trading foligno either. Nylander is a free agent winger who Minnesota wouldn’t resign
Sep. 8, 2023 at 12:37 a.m.
Puckhead
Quoting: Neurus
Minnesota doesn’t. Zuccarrello shuts down the deal. They aren’t trading a big body dman on cheap contract who plays with spurgeon. Highly doubt the gm is trading foligno either. Nylander is a free agent winger who Minnesota wouldn’t resign

Ok whatever…not my trade…and I think Nylander would come with an extension. Minny could probably trade him for more than they gave.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 12:46 a.m.
Banned
Ok whatever…not my trade…and I think Nylander would come with an extension. Minny could probably trade him for more than they gave.

Minnesota isn’t extrneding him! They just spent two 1st round picks on wingers and don’t have the cap. If anything they resign kaprizov bff in zuccarrello short term! Anyway deal dies quickly because he won’t waive and our gm isn’t giving up the two only big body on team
Sep. 8, 2023 at 12:48 a.m.

There's a less than zero chance that the Leafs are on Zucc's 10 team no-trade list. You guys have Boldy, Duhaime, Maroon etc who can play a power forward role and as a result you had Foligno on your 3rd line for most of last year. You guys need scoring, and in this trade you're adding a 40 goal scorer and a 20 goal scorer who can play both ways, and will cost 2.1 mil for the next 3 years while you're eating the Suter/Parise buyouts. Lafferty is another guy who can bring some speed and physicality to the bottom 6 while having at least a bit of offensive ability. This also saves you almost 2 mii of much needed cap as you negotiate with Addison.

Your D is still strong with a mix of Spurgeon, Brodin, Goligoski, Addison, Faber and Merrill. Both Zucc and Foligno are also walking next year and you currently have to sign Addison. Zucc certainly can't be a long term solution to the scoring you need, nor can foligno or Middleton. Nylander and Jarnkrok can be that, on of whom is a guarantee to be signed and the other who you'd have a leg up on signing.

This is an example of the Wild dealing from a position of strength to address their need for offensive production in my opinion.

And to your last point, I'll continue to make as many proposals as I wish, always with the intention of making it a fair deal for both sides.
GM_SZK liked this.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 12:52 a.m.
Minnesota isn’t extrneding him! They just spent two 1st round picks on wingers and don’t have the cap. If anything they resign kaprizov bff in zuccarrello short term! Anyway deal dies quickly because he won’t waive and our gm isn’t giving up the two only big body on team

Honestly you're probably right that they won't be extending him, but that's probably true for Zucc and Foligno as well. You'll be losing both of them and Hartman this year and won't have much room to bring them back, so it seems like a good time to go for it without sacrificing much of your future.
GM_SZK liked this.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 12:54 a.m.
Banned
Edited Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:01 a.m.. Reason: Efit
Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
There's a less than zero chance that the Leafs are on Zucc's 10 team no-trade list. You guys have Boldy, Duhaime, Maroon etc who can play a power forward role and as a result you had Foligno on your 3rd line for most of last year. You guys need scoring, and in this trade you're adding a 40 goal scorer and a 20 goal scorer who can play both ways, and will cost 2.1 mil for the next 3 years while you're eating the Suter/Parise buyouts. Lafferty is another guy who can bring some speed and physicality to the bottom 6 while having at least a bit of offensive ability. This also saves you almost 2 mii of much needed cap as you negotiate with Addison.

Your D is still strong with a mix of Spurgeon, Brodin, Goligoski, Addison, Faber and Merrill. Both Zucc and Foligno are also walking next year and you currently have to sign Addison. Zucc certainly can't be a long term solution to the scoring you need, nor can foligno or Middleton. Nylander and Jarnkrok can be that, on of whom is a guarantee to be signed and the other who you'd have a leg up on signing.

This is an example of the Wild dealing from a position of strength to address their need for offensive production in my opinion.

And to your last point, I'll continue to make as many proposals as I wish, always with the intention of making it a fair deal for both sides.

Dude boldy isn’t a tough guy, nor fighter. You might want to look up reason our gm traded for Jacob Middleton and traded for maroon this offseason. Our team is already small . Especially on d, so he’s not trading Middleton no matter what. To make spurgeon even smaller. You honestly put Alex g and Jon Merrill who both suck here? Calen Addison is getting traded or sign the vet minimum. The team isn’t giving him an extension

It’s cute you think zuccarrello would waive, when he’s made it clear he doesn’t like Canada. Lol

Wild aren’t dealing from strength. They are making themselves weaker. Our gm guerin will not agree and he’s not paying any guy like nylander the money he’s seeking before paying kaprizov. It’s okay to deal nylander elsewhere
Sep. 8, 2023 at 12:56 a.m.
Banned
Honestly you're probably right that they won't be extending him, but that's probably true for Zucc and Foligno as well. You'll be losing both of them and Hartman this year and won't have much room to bring them back, so it seems like a good time to go for it without sacrificing much of your future.

Literally not true. Minnesota isn’t rebuilding. And our gm has already said he will resign them. Foligno and Hartman have said they will take lesser deals to stay and guerin love players like them. Jacob Middleton isn’t being taken from our d / spurgeon. Kaprizov bff is definitely being resigned. They aren’t taking any chances with kaprizov when he’s living at zuccarrello house this summer
Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:00 a.m.
Puckhead

Umm, like I said not my trade. If you are trying to change my opinion on it I would give up.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:07 a.m.
Dude boldy isn’t a tough guy, nor fighter. You might want to look up reason our gm traded for Jacob Middleton and traded for maroon this offseason. Our team is already small . Especially on d, so he’s not trading Middleton no matter what. To make spurgeon.

It’s cute you think zuccarrello would waive, when he’s made it clear he doesn’t like Canada. Lol

Wild aren’t dealing from strength. They are making themselves weaker. Our gm guerin will not agree and he’s not paying any guy like nylander the money he’s seeking before paying kaprizov. It’s okay to deal nylander elsewhere

I didn't say Boldy was a fighter, I said he's a power forward which are two different things. Fair enough on the Middleton thing, I had just heard some Wild fans suggesting he can be an option.

Now, I was actually respecting your opinion until that Zuccarello bit. First of all, I can almost guarantee without even looking that he's never said that. Second, Toronto is a much more desirable place to play and live than Minny and even the climate that might turn some players off from Canada is better than it is in Minny. Third, he wouldn't be "waiving", he has a 10 team no trade list... very doubtful Toronto would be among those 10 teams.

At the end of the day you've always been a great defensive team that has lacked offense, I thought this might address that. Nylander is a rental the same as Foligno and Zucc are so it's a move for the present.

You're entitled to your opinion regardless.
GM_SZK liked this.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:09 a.m.
Literally not true. Minnesota isn’t rebuilding. And our gm has already said he will resign them. Foligno and Hartman have said they will take lesser deals to stay and guerin love players like them. Jacob Middleton isn’t being taken from our d / spurgeon. Kaprizov bff is definitely being resigned. They aren’t taking any chances with kaprizov when he’s living at zuccarrello house this summer

I never said they were rebuilding, but source on this please - "And our gm has already said he will resign them. Foligno and Hartman have said they will take lesser deals to stay and guerin love players like them"
Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:19 a.m.
mokumboi
In what world is Carolina handing arguably their top Eastern rival for the Cup a sorely needed 1RD good for them?
Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:26 a.m.
Puckhead
Quoting: mokumboi
In what world is Carolina handing arguably their top Eastern rival for the Cup a sorely needed 1RD good for them?

This world.

Wouldn’t Carolina want to improve Toronto in hopes of meeting them in the conference finals instead of flopping again vs another team? Think of their odds vs the Leafs?
Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:27 a.m.
Banned
I never said they were rebuilding, but source on this please - "And our gm has already said he will resign them. Foligno and Hartman have said they will take lesser deals to stay and guerin love players like them"

He literally said this on Minnesota radio. Oh by the way foligno and Hartman themselves said this on same radio show but Toronto fans don’t live in Minnesota
Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:28 a.m.

You just brought in Orlov and TDA who can both play top 4 on your team. This trade was actually suggested by a Canes fan on here and would be great value for a rental, you could even use those assets to address a more important need (like 2C).
Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:30 a.m.
He literally said this on Minnesota radio. Oh by the way foligno and Hartman themselves said this on same radio show but Toronto fans don’t live in Minnesota

Yep impossible to verify I guess. I can pretty much guarantee Hartman will be getting a huge raise either way though.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:34 a.m.
Banned
I didn't say Boldy was a fighter, I said he's a power forward which are two different things. Fair enough on the Middleton thing, I had just heard some Wild fans suggesting he can be an option.

Now, I was actually respecting your opinion until that Zuccarello bit. First of all, I can almost guarantee without even looking that he's never said that. Second, Toronto is a much more desirable place to play and live than Minny and even the climate that might turn some players off from Canada is better than it is in Minny. Third, he wouldn't be "waiving", he has a 10 team no trade list... very doubtful Toronto would be among those 10 teams.

At the end of the day you've always been a great defensive team that has lacked offense, I thought this might address that. Nylander is a rental the same as Foligno and Zucc are so it's a move for the present.

You're entitled to your opinion regardless.

Zuccarrello has a 10 team much like Jason zucker. Literally zuccarrello lives in the us where kaprizov is staying with him for the summer. So I can guarantee you. Toronto fan saying Canada is a better place to live and play hockey is factually wrong. Except fails was traded because he was wanting to get paid and was a one trick pony. Our gm and coach value certain players. Lastly zuccarrello relationship with kaprizov means wild will make every move to Try and resign him. They have always valued kaprizov relationship with zuccarrello who’s been attached to his hip.

Nylander is great but guessi what, free agent who will wants lots of money
Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:51 a.m.
Zuccarrello has a 10 team much like Jason zucker. Literally zuccarrello lives in the us where kaprizov is staying with him for the summer. So I can guarantee you. Toronto fan saying Canada is a better place to live and play hockey is factually wrong. Except fails was traded because he was wanting to get paid and was a one trick pony. Our gm and coach value certain players. Lastly zuccarrello relationship with kaprizov means wild will make every move to Try and resign him. They have always valued kaprizov relationship with zuccarrello who’s been attached to his hip.

Nylander is great but guessi what, free agent who will wants lots of money

I didn't say Canada, I said Toronto would be a better place to live and play than Minny. Would be interesting to hear an argument against that considering Toronto is regularly ranked as one of the best places to live in the world, while the team itself invests more in player accommodations than any other team in the league. There is a reason why one of the league's best players invested 12 years here while being from Arizona. Of course Zuccarello lives in the US, that's where he works.

Anyway, this has become a pointless argument so I'm moving on.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 2:25 a.m.
mokumboi
You just brought in Orlov and TDA who can both play top 4 on your team. This trade was actually suggested by a Canes fan on here and would be great value for a rental, you could even use those assets to address a more important need (like 2C).

First of all, I'm not a Canes fan. More importantly, TDA is utter dog**** defensively, he's not a top 4 guy on a championship team. And just because a Canes fan suggested the trade, that doesn't mean it's wise for them to do. Carolina would want no part of this, obviously.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 2:43 a.m.
First of all, I'm not a Canes fan. More importantly, TDA is utter dog**** defensively, he's not a top 4 guy on a championship team. And just because a Canes fan suggested the trade, that doesn't mean it's wise for them to do. Carolina would want no part of this, obviously.

They'd have Slavin, Orlov, Burns, Skjei, Lily, TDA and Coughlan to round out their D, still one of the best league wide. After this trade they'd have about 6 mil in cap, 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a decent top 9 forward prospect in hirvonen they could use to turn KK into someone like Scheifele, Lindholm, Kuznetsov, Henroque, Backlund or whoever might be available, You're just being short-sighted, that's all.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 2:51 a.m.
mokumboi
They'd have Slavin, Orlov, Burns, Skjei, Lily, TDA and Coughlan to round out their D, still one of the best league wide. After this trade they'd have about 6 mil in cap, 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a decent top 9 forward prospect in hirvonen they could use to turn KK into someone like Scheifele, Lindholm, Kuznetsov, Henroque, Backlund or whoever might be available, You're just being short-sighted, that's all.

Setting aside that you are WILDLY overrating Hirvonen (I mean, holy hell) AND Lily, the idea that you could call me "short-sighted" when discussing this trade is just... glorious. I know this will probably shatter all your illusions, but other teams want to win, too. They do not all exist to subsidize Leaf fan desperation. The Canes are not handing Toronto the exact thing they lack to overtake them while they are trying to go for it themselves. OBVIOUSLY, man. Sheesh.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 3:02 a.m.
Setting aside that you are WILDLY overrating Hirvonen (I mean, holy hell) AND Lily, the idea that you could call me "short-sighted" when discussing this trade is just... glorious. I know this will probably shatter all your illusions, but other teams want to win, too. They do not all exist to subsidize Leaf fan desperation. The Canes are not handing Toronto the exact thing they lack to overtake them while they are trying to go for it themselves. OBVIOUSLY, man. Sheesh.

They did not sign Orlov 7 mil to play on their bottom pair. Pesce is expiring and Carolina has always been smart about recouping assets. As I explained, this trade could set them up to be better overall by addressing their needs elsewhere.

I also don't think I'm overrating Lily and Hirvonen by suggesting the two of them packaged with a 1st is worth an expiring Pesce. As you mentioned already, you're not a Canes fan, and the Canes fan who did propose this was certainly not oblivious to the value on either side. Yes, you're being short-sighted because you see this as one trade in a vacuum, instead of seeing the doors it opens up to improve elsewhere. A very straightforward example of dealing from a position of strength to address a weakness elsewhere....

I know this may shatter your illusions, but based on precedent that is fair trade value from the Leafs. You're free to disagree.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 3:37 a.m.

Meanwhile your most recent trade offer has the Blues acquiring NYR top pair D Lindgren, who gets paid 3 mil next year before becoming an RFA, for a late 1st. There goes what little credibility you were pretending to have....
Sep. 8, 2023 at 6:20 a.m.
GO LEAFS GO
Leafs pass this is to much to give up for those players

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll