SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Los Angeles Kings

10 Right Shot D-men to sign

Which Right Shot D-man Should Kings Sign?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 30, 2017 at 11:31 p.m.
Anyways its clear the Kings could use a Right Shot D-man to round out their roster. Currently they only have Drew Doughty along with Ladue as likely to make the NHL roster. Shattenkirk probably will sign with another team though I listed him on here just for fun. Cody Franson I think is somebody they should have traded for or signed already. He does have a +11 Corsi according to an article I see him mentioned in. Since the Kings have won the Raw Corsi numbers the last 5 years it would fit in that well. They are the best Corsi team this decade or whatever supposedly too for all the good that has done them smile. Girardi is likely headed to Tampa or some other team, though years ago I talked to somebody that thought he might fit well. With him being bought out he would probably be more ideal for a 2nd or 3rd pair spot then he was years ago at the cap hit he had. Wideman is a guy I used to like, he could be a nice fit for the 2nd/3rd pair while bringing some offense or other abilities. Prosser is maybe better than he might seem since he comes from a place who are deeper in the back end than most. Clendening isn't as big a name though he would cost a lot less than others on the list. Folin could be alright just a product of being on a team with deeper defense. Postma had shown some promise earlier in his career he could possible rebound on the Kings. Z. Michalek would just be a vet who probably would fill the 7th D-man role with a chance to crack top 6. Others who might be more fringe 7th/AHL guys would be Steve Oleksy along with the former Shark Tennyson who was some viewed as having potential a few years ago... Anyways I'll list them in the order I think along with how much the cap hit would roughly be.

1. Shattenkirk 6'0 202 5-6M It should be noted he had 2 GWGs for Caps after trade along with 14 points in 19 games. If nothing else he could help Kings PP.

2. Franson 6'5 224 3-4M His career high of 8 goals is the same as Voynov who he could help replace. He has size the Kings love, good for 20-30 points as well.

3. Girardi 6'1 212 1-3M Just getting bought out he wont cost as much as 6M cap hit or so he had. Maybe good for 5-10 goals while blocking some shots etc...

4. Wideman 6'0 202 2-3M Good for as many as 15 Goals he can probably still chip in 5-10 or help 2nd PP unit at worse. Maybe 20-40 points if healthy.

5. Prosser 6'2 201 700K-900K Vet who can provide some depth while chipping in a few goals as 7th D-man maybe chance to crack into top 6.

6. Clendening 6'0 196 666K-777K Still sorta young who has shown he can score at AHL level 12 Goals 59 Points as his best year...

7. Folin 6'3 204 750K Former College player who might take a bit longer to find his game with some NHL Playoff experience on Wild.

8. Postma 6'3 195 900K Scored as many as 15 Goals in AHL, while 4 is his highest in NHL. Could be 3rd pair D-man or 7th perhaps.

9. Z. Michalek 6'2 210 1-2M Vet who has scored as many as 9 Goals possible 3rd pair/7th D-man for depth etc.

10. Steve Oleksy 6'0 194 600K Vet who probably would be an AHL player or injury insurance for Kings.

11. Tennyson 6'2 212 700K Former Shark who might still have upside, showed promise in College some spark at AHL with 7 goals highest total. Has 3 NHL goals as well in 60ish games.
Jul. 1, 2017 at 2:21 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I think Folin maybe?
Jul. 1, 2017 at 8:35 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I think Folin maybe?

Thanks for taking to vote smile... It looks like Captain Kirk is getting 7M over 7 years from things read just not 100% sure where yet... After the more well known names, he could be as good as anybody. Didn't expect anybody to vote for Folin though he does have good size which the Kings seem to like. They have taken chances on college players before so it wouldn't shock me. Will be interesting to find out as most of those names I expect will sign today leaving only a handful left at most smile. What made pick Folin out of all those names anyways?
Jul. 2, 2017 at 12:27 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
and it looks like i was right. smile
Jul. 2, 2017 at 10:24 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
and it looks like i was right. smile

Yeah that was pretty good, thought people would laugh at a few names I had on that list too smile. Most of them seemed to find contracts on the first day though so can't be that bad smile. I was off by like 100K on the salary I got lazy not doing a range on him smile. I don't know if its a good sign that I won like 500 bucks on Numbers around 12:27 if Kings signings will pan out or not wink. Real happy they got Darcy in net, better than what expected would be there for that price. His numbers when playing 21-26 games are pretty good 2 shutouts each time, even exact same GAA below 2.5. So if he wins the job I think he will be perfect if plays in that range not anymore or less. I had originally had Hunwick on the list when typing it realized he was a left shot but even he signed smile. Doubt they sign Franson or Wideman now so figure they will end up on other teams along with rest remaining.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit