SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Columbus Blue Jackets

Regression?

Where will Columbus finish in the Metro next year?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 1, 2017 at 6:18 a.m.
Habs
Edited Aug. 1, 2017 at 1:50 p.m.
I know it's still early, but I seem to be one of the only ones who think this past season for Columbus was a flash in the pan. Their PDO was off the charts, and John Tortorella is still a crummy coach in my opinion.

I don't expect Bobrovsky to be this good again, and several other players are due to fall back down to earth. I know Panarin is a short term upgrade, at least on paper, and it's still early in the off-season, but I think Pittsburgh, Washington, the Islanders, Rangers, Hurricanes and Flyers all have a better chance at making the post season than Columbus.
Jul. 3, 2017 at 9:43 p.m.
Quoting: sloofoot40
I know it's still early, but I seem to be one of the only ones who think this past season for Columbus was a flash in the pan. Their PDO was off the charts, and John Tortorella is still a crummy coach in my opinion.

I don't expect Bobrovsky to be this good again, and several other players are due to fall back down to earth. I know Panarin is a short term upgrade, at least on paper, and it's still early in the off-season, but I think Pittsburgh, Washington, the Islanders, Rangers and Flyers all have a better chance at making the post season than Columbus.

Knowing Tortz along with Bob I think CBJ has expectations so they will fail to make the Post Season. Teams got better, others were not as good worried they would lose a good player. Just think Tampa will make a run unless Stamkos gets hurt again. Islanders were only 1 point out, Carolina is better in net who made a decent run, even Toronto might get a bump from last year. Flyers would be a dark horse who maybe will be a bit more of a factor as well. Capitals are another team I could see missing playoffs, Rangers should be back with moves they made unless goalie gets hurt. Last time Bob was in the Vezina running he got hurt or had a bad year. When Tampa won a Cup they did get shafted by lockout but Tortz faded in NY after had Rangers in ECF then took a Vancouver team from like 1st in division to missing playoffs wink. Sophmore slump or whatever, moving Saad for Pan might not pan out as well as they expected either along with other moves. Gagner is gone he played point on PP I think while having like 18 goals 50ish points so that will not be an easy loss to handle smile.
Jul. 12, 2017 at 3:30 a.m.
I think CBJ has some bad contracts and made some bad moves. I can easily see them losing all 3 of their upcoming UFAs at seasons end. They should have new contracts in place before the season begins or the should start to move them for other pieces. They might be able to get a lotto pick and bounce back in the next 2 years. Maybe open up some cap room for signing some FA at seasons end.

I can't see them getting past Pittsburgh or Toronto in the East and if trying means Atkinson, Calvert and Johnson walk with no return then why bother. EDM should be looking to cash in and open up some cap space for McDavid at years end so those 3 guys might get somethings from them. Nugent-Hopkins.

They can always try to trade and then resign those UFA at seasons end if they like CBJ that much.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit