SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/St. Louis Blues

Why is nobody talking about their draft?

Jul. 4, 2017 at 2:15 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Honestly, I think that the Blues were the winners of this whole draft, especially the first round. They took a quality center in Thomas, then acquired Brayden Schenn by moving their second first round pick, then jumped back into that round to take Klim Kostin, plus added another center in Sundqvist. I think that they did really well to set themselves up for not only next season, but for the next couple of years. Losing their 2018 1st to acquire Schenn might sting a little, but I think that their team right now took a step forward, and the future got brighter for them. I don't really think there's anything else you can ask of them to do, which is why I say they "won" the draft.
Jul. 4, 2017 at 6:13 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Honestly, I think that the Blues were the winners of this whole draft, especially the first round. They took a quality center in Thomas, then acquired Brayden Schenn by moving their second first round pick, then jumped back into that round to take Klim Kostin, plus added another center in Sundqvist. I think that they did really well to set themselves up for not only next season, but for the next couple of years. Losing their 2018 1st to acquire Schenn might sting a little, but I think that their team right now took a step forward, and the future got brighter for them. I don't really think there's anything else you can ask of them to do, which is why I say they "won" the draft.

Hard to know who really won until 5-10 years out then look back who went were etc. Think they made some good trades, Schenn was like a 5h Overall I think so trading 1st rounder for that isn't bad. Chances are the Blues wont be picking in the top 5 making the Post Season as often as they do anyways... I had commented on that trade even mentioned getting Kostin/Sund which think many people overlooked that combo. Yeo used to get the blame for Wild losing only to get STL into Playoffs even after trading Shattenkirk while having a key player injured so that is pretty good. I like Blues chances to make Post Season more than Nashville who I think will miss out from teams above/below improving. Blues never Won a Cup so I think that is why people don't really praise them or give them as much attention figuring they will just lose at some point. There been a few teams over years I thought had a legit chance to win a Cup only to fail for one reason or another.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 12:15 p.m.
HockeySen
And they got Pittsburgh to massively overpay for Ryan Reaves too!
Jul. 7, 2017 at 8:34 p.m.
Quoting: HockeySen
And they got Pittsburgh to massively overpay for Ryan Reaves too!

Yeah that was almost comical, would be real punch line if Blues beat Penguins in SCF from somebody they got in that trade after Reaves had a giveaway or took a bad penalty smile. Real odd seeing how Vegas can barely get bread crumbs for their players while Reaves got a player/1st round pick smile. Funny guy on TV called somebody Reality TV instead of Winner wink... Just as was typing this I wonder if that is some sorta sign to how bad it was a fleecing smile.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll