Forums/NHL Trades

(CAR / VGK) - Kruger for 2018 5th round pick

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul 4 at 11:08 am
A trade between Carolina Hurricanes and Vegas Golden Knights has been confirmed.
Carolina Hurricanes
Vegas Golden Knights
2018 5th round pick
Jul 4 at 11:09 am
Edmonton Oilers GM
Hurricanes grab a quality bottom six center, while Vegas continues to stockpile draft picks.
Jul 4 at 11:17 am
Follow @capfriendly
The loser in this transaction just may be CHI
Jul 4 at 11:20 am
Edmonton Oilers GM
Quoting: Banks
The loser in this transaction just may be CHI

Absolutely, Kruger is worth more than "future considerations".
Jul 4 at 12:28 pm
I don't understand why Carolina or Vegas did this. He doesn't solve their problem of a #1 center and just takes a roster spot from a young player (Saarela, Gauthier). I can't be upset considering all they gave up was a fifth round pick, but it doesn't make sense.

On the flip side, why would Vegas trade him? He's under contract for two years, not one, so he could easily be traded at the deadline or next offseason. And then when they start trading off other assets (Marchessault, Neal, Perron, etc.), he can fill a #3 center spot on their team for the rest of the year.

It's unfortunate I can't vote "Bad deal for both teams".
Jul 4 at 12:54 pm
Wild girl
Ron Francis says: "I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, as it were, so Carolina gladly accepts this particular proposal of yours."
 1 like
Jul 4 at 4:39 pm
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Carolina has cap space needs a forward. A 5th rounder is hardly "accumulating picks." Good move for Canes, though I'm not sure why Vegas had to jettison Kruger.
 1 like
Jul 4 at 4:52 pm
Who knew Kruger was worth the same thing as Schlemko, guess it wasn't the Blackhawks... I gave edge to CArolina since they are trying to be a legit Post Season team making moves to do well when they get there not just be happy showing up.
Jul 4 at 5:29 pm
exo2769
I think we'll know when we see how CAR's defense and PK does this year. He'll win F/O in the dzone and be a leader against the PP.
Jul 5 at 1:00 am
Quoting: exo2769
I think we'll know when we see how CAR's defense and PK does this year. He'll win F/O in the dzone and be a leader against the PP.

Last year I think their real issue was in the net, remember somebody had a quote knocking their goalies for not stopping pucks. Looking at their team now they look better than I think most realize. Almost shocked they even made a decent run last year in some of the games saw them play. Maybe Ward will be better now that he is likely to be a backup or feel less pressure to be the #1 with Darling there. If they get in Post Season they got Williams who has been clutch. If reading it right they still seem to have 17M in cap space, so they should be buyers at the trade deadline if need some help in any area.
 1 like

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Submit Poll Edit