SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

How much money is Tavares worth in the NHL?

What do you think?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 4, 2017 at 1:36 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'd say 9.5M though if he wants 12M the Isles should give him 12M.
Jul. 4, 2017 at 1:41 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Some comparable that I would use would be Steven Stamkos (8.5 million) and Claude Giroux (8.275 million). Tavares should earn something along the lines of these two players contracts, between 8 and 9 million, however, with the price that FA's have been going at lately and NYI's desperate situation, Tavares might attempt to go 9 million+.
Jul. 4, 2017 at 5:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DarylthePony
Some comparable that I would use would be Steven Stamkos (8.5 million) and Claude Giroux (8.275 million). Tavares should earn something along the lines of these two players contracts, between 8 and 9 million, however, with the price that FA's have been going at lately and NYI's desperate situation, Tavares might attempt to go 9 million+.

thanks for voting!
Jul. 4, 2017 at 5:04 p.m.
I voted for 9M or less since looking at contracts like Burns Norris winning Best D-man has 8M cap hit, Subban like 9M... Top Captains like Stamkos/Crosby are below 9M to help give team a chance to compete. Besides his skating isn't good enough to pay over 9M according to what I heard around time he was drafted smile.
Jul. 4, 2017 at 5:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daoloth
I voted for 9M or less since looking at contracts like Burns Norris winning Best D-man has 8M cap hit, Subban like 9M... Top Captains like Stamkos/Crosby are below 9M to help give team a chance to compete. Besides his skating isn't good enough to pay over 9M according to what I heard around time he was drafted smile.

thanks for voting!
Jul. 4, 2017 at 5:10 p.m.
That drunken t-girl
9M seems reasonable for what kind of player he is. The Isles aren't cash-strapped so they probably could sign him for 12M if he asks for it, but he'd have to be a real jerk to ask for that to begin with.
Jul. 4, 2017 at 5:11 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Snobalt
9M seems reasonable for what kind of player he is. The Isles aren't cash-strapped so they probably could sign him for 12M if he asks for it, but he'd have to be a real jerk to ask for that to begin with.

thanks for voting. and are you saying you think they re-sign him then?
Jul. 4, 2017 at 5:19 p.m.
That drunken t-girl
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Provided they don't flip him at the deadline, they'll try to re-sign him. He seems to be loyal to the team, but whether or not he actually is loyal remains to be seen.
Jul. 4, 2017 at 6:47 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Provided they don't flip him at the deadline, they'll try to re-sign him. He seems to be loyal to the team, but whether or not he actually is loyal remains to be seen.

i think the thing that could stop him from staying is Garth Snow, the worst GM in the league.
Jul. 4, 2017 at 9:08 p.m.

i think the thing that could stop him from staying is Garth Snow, the worst GM in the league.

Sound familiar
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 5, 2017 at 12:17 a.m.
The only reason Tavares would get less than 10 million is if he takes a hometown discount. Should easily get to eight figures.
Jul. 5, 2017 at 2:05 a.m.
I think between 8.5 and 9.5 is what he is worth. But this comes down to what McDavid/Drisital sign for. They are going to be the new bench mark. The logic goes if McDavid makes 13 million dollars and I am half of McDavid then I deserve 6.5.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit