SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

NEW Predictions for next season in the NHL

Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:22 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

That LAK knows how to win ... and i have them losing in the 1st round anyway.

They haven't had any postseason success in THREE YEARS. And look at who they don't have anymore from their last Cup win: Williams, Richards, Voynov, King, Stoll. And look who has declined since said Cup win: Brown and Gaborik. I feel like you just pull these predictions out of the thin air based on how you feel.

Anaheim hasn't in 10 years.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:27 p.m.
Below Market Value

They haven't had any postseason success in THREE YEARS. And look at who they don't have anymore from their last Cup win: Williams, Richards, Voynov, King, Stoll. And look who has declined since said Cup win: Brown and Gaborik. I feel like you just pull these predictions out of the thin air based on how you feel.

In the past three years, Anaheim has made 2 conference finals. LA hasn't won a single playoff series. When you want to predict future success, it's better to use recent seasons, rather than TEN FREAKING YEARS AGO WHEN THE DUCKS STILL HAD PRONGER, NIEDERMAYER, SELANNE, AND GIGUERE.
awatt and nobody liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:27 p.m.

What you are basing off of postseason success is, winning the Stanley cup then?
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:29 p.m.
Quoting: boltscharge17
My Predictions before Preseason

1 TBL
2 TOR
3 OTT
Will be a close race for TOR, TBL, OTT
4 MTL
5 BOS
6 BUF
7 FLA
8 DET -wins lottery

Metro
1 PIT -league winners
2 CBJ
3 NYR
4 WSH -W1
5 CAR/PHI -W2
6 CAR/PHI
7 NYI
8 NJ

Central
1 NSH
2 STL
3 MIN
4 CHI -W1
5 WIN/DAL -W2
6 WIN/DAL
7 COL

Pacific
1 EDM -conference winners
2 ANA
3 CGY
4 SJS
5 ARZ
6 LAK
7 VGK -3rd in lottery
8 VAN -2nd in lottery

I would love to see CAR in the playoffs. They have the team to do it just need to stay healthy.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:29 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

In the past three years, Anaheim has made 2 conference finals. LA hasn't won a single playoff series. When you want to predict future success, it's better to use recent seasons, rather than TEN FREAKING YEARS AGO WHEN THE DUCKS STILL HAD PRONGER, NIEDERMAYER, SELANNE, AND GIGUERE.

fair enough, but since when do i have them winning the cup? I have them out in round 1.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.

fair enough, but since when do i have them winning the cup? I have them out in round 1.

giphy.gif
Pasta88Sauce, awatt and Caufzi liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:32 p.m.
Below Market Value

But you have them making the playoffs over better teams like Anaheim and Chicago, both of whom have better rosters and have been more successful in both the regular season and the playoffs than LA in recent years.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:34 p.m.
7 pages in and this is how I feel reading through this....

giphy.gif
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

But you have them making the playoffs over better teams like Anaheim and Chicago, both of whom have better rosters and have been more successful in both the regular season and the playoffs than LA in recent years.

1) LAK can work together.
2) They have Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Dowd, Gaborik, Kempe, Cammalleri, Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez, Forbort, Ladue, and Quick ... is that not a good team? Look at the Sharks in 2016 ... they made it to the final without the best roster.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:38 p.m.

2) They have Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli, Pearson, Dowd, Gaborik, Kempe, Cammalleri, Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez, Forbort, Ladue, and Quick ... is that not a good team? Look at the Sharks in 2016 ... they made it to the final without the best roster.

can chicago and anaheim not work together?
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:39 p.m.
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

You make every other team sound like the Yankees from a few years back
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:40 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Anaheim can't.
Chicago can but i'm not sure if they will ... they've struggled to play their best recently.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:40 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Guys, the Kings might miss the playoffs but they definitely have a chance at making it.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:41 p.m.
delete
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:41 p.m.

Anaheim can't.
Chicago can but i'm not sure if they will ... they've struggled to play their best recently.

giphy.gif
Pasta88Sauce, LicMysak and Caufzi liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:42 p.m.
Guys, the Kings might miss the playoffs but they definitely have a chance at making it.

They are not as good as 9 other teams, yet they will likely make the playoff, okay.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:44 p.m.

Anaheim can't.

Anaheim cant work together? Dont tell Carlyle lol
Habs
What do you mean Anaheim can't "play as a team"? You sound like you're coaching a team of 6-year olds. They're pros. They know when to pass. They've won the division 5years in a row. Anaheim is a cup threat.
Pasta88Sauce and awatt liked this.
Black Lives Matter

They are not as good as 9 other teams, yet they will likely make the playoff, okay.

they have a chance at least.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: sloofoot40
What do you mean Anaheim can't "play as a team"? You sound like you're coaching a team of 6-year olds. They're pros. They know when to pass. They've won the division 5years in a row. Anaheim is a cup threat.

well they don't play real hockey that much, they're mostly trying to bug the other teams.
Habs

Nic Dowd AND Paul LaDue??? Spread the wealth man
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Black Lives Matter

Nic Dowd AND Paul LaDue??? Spread the wealth man

What about them?
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:46 p.m.

well they don't play real hockey that much, they're mostly trying to bug the other teams.

Define real hockey in one sentence
awatt liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:47 p.m.

they have a chance at least.

All 31 teams in the league, even Vegas and Vancouver and Detroit, have a chance. That has nothing to do with predictions.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:47 p.m.

Ho.....how?!?!?! I Don't understand where you come up with this...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll