Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$83,500,000$83,132,417$0$15,000$367,583
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $1,985,000$1,985,000 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
    C, LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    RW, C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $762,500$762,500
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,500,000$7,500,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $766,667$766,667
    G
    RFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $875,000$875,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    RD
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $800,000$800,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $4,687,500$4,687,500
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $4,150,000$4,150,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jan. 18 at 11:07 a.m.
    Shibbal18
    Please stop, the Sabres could call up Tokarski if they needed a stop gap goalie, even Comrie had better stats. Their is zero reason for the Sabres to trade for Samsonov, unless Marner was attached to him
    Jan. 18 at 11:07 a.m.
    Why are the Sabers going to pay for him when they could have gotten for free on waiver. You you want to get rid of his contract Toronto is going to have to pay or retain.
    Jan. 18 at 11:08 a.m.
    mokumboi
    That offer doesn't even pay for the retention you're never getting from STL. And Parayko isn't available anyway.
    SomeonesOffended and BDHockey liked this.
    Jan. 18 at 11:16 a.m.
    Quoting: mokumboi
    That offer doesn't even pay for the retention you're never getting from STL. And Parayko isn't available anyway.

Don't you understand that Parayko is bad obviously and that we should graciously take this gift from the Leafs?
    mokumboi and xercuses liked this.
    Jan. 18 at 11:35 a.m.
    Lol the blues don't even consider this
    Jan. 18 at 11:38 a.m.
    BayStreetBully

You don't think the Blues wouldn't listen on a trade for Parayko when he's 30 and locked up for another 6 years?

If getting a 3-4 d-man in Brodie for rest of season, plus a solid bottom 6 player (Robertson) and 2 picks (including a 1st round pick) isn't enough - what would need to come back?
    Jan. 18 at 11:39 a.m.
    BayStreetBully
    Quoting: RavensShadow
    Why are the Sabers going to pay for him when they could have gotten for free on waiver. You you want to get rid of his contract Toronto is going to have to pay or retain.

Fair - I tossed him on waivers instead
    RavensShadow liked this.
    Jan. 18 at 11:41 a.m.
    BayStreetBully
    Quoting: Tennisman142
    Lol the blues don't even consider this

You don't think the Blues wouldn't listen on a trade for Parayko when he's 30 and locked up for another 6 years?

If getting a 3-4 d-man in Brodie for rest of season, plus a solid bottom 6 player (Robertson) and 2 picks (including a 1st round pick) isn't enough - what would need to come back?

I'm genuinely curious
    Jan. 18 at 11:41 a.m.
    BayStreetBully
    Quoting: Shibbal18
    Please stop, the Sabres could call up Tokarski if they needed a stop gap goalie, even Comrie had better stats. Their is zero reason for the Sabres to trade for Samsonov, unless Marner was attached to him

Fair - I tossed him on waivers instead
    RavensShadow and Shibbal18 liked this.
    Jan. 18 at 11:46 a.m.
    mokumboi
    Quoting: BayStreetBully91

No, I do not. He's not available. And if he was, this offer would not win the race. Brodie for the rest of the season is meaningless to the Blues at this point, so it's really more like a short cap dump. Robertson is okay, but he cannot stay in one piece because he is slow and small and plays a rough style. And bottom 6 wingers are not any need for the Blues. A late 1st would be nice, but again, they are not going to take draft picks as gold like a total rebuilding team would. And not only is Parayko playing his best hockey this season, but the Blues have no replacement in sight at the hardest position to staff in the NHL. And on top of all that you want them to eat a retention slot for seven years, with like 10M in retention total? Dude. Like I said, you haven't even paid for the retention here.

But to answer your question, as of now, he's not available.
    Jan. 18 at 11:48 a.m.

I'm genuinely curious

I don't think he is worth trading. While he is locked up for 6 more years and aging the salary cap increases should balance out any declining performance. Conversely if we trade him we will probably have to enter a much more aggressive rebuild. He is also playing some of his best hockey right now despite the picture that some analytics try to paint.
    Jan. 18 at 11:49 a.m.

I'm genuinely curious

Parayko is our best defensemen so little reason to trade him. Faulk is the one who will be traded. Brodie does nothing for us this season as we are retooling. WE won't sign him to another contract most likely. Robertson doesn't interest us and we have a lot of forwards prospects. The 1st if it keeps dropping is interesting but if it is in the 20's it loses a lot of it's appeal. The only way we trade Parayko is if we are completely rebuilding for the next 3-4 years and sell and try to get rid of Saad, Hayes, Buchenivich, Faulk, Leddy, etc.... For us to trade Parayko we would need a younger defensemen who has top 4 upside at the least as part of the package. It doesn't make sense to trade him for magic peanuts. He's more valuable to us than he is to other teams. He will be here to help mentor the prospects as they come in and so that any future D prospects don't get thrown to the wolves.
    Jan. 18 at 11:51 a.m.
    Mr.
    no thanks from montreal. no reason for them to trade both players in a package for a discounted price
    Jan. 18 at 12:00 p.m.
    No, I do not. He's not available. And if he was, this offer would not win the race. Brodie for the rest of the season is meaningless to the Blues at this point, so it's really more like a short cap dump. Robertson is okay, but he cannot stay in one piece because he is slow and small and plays a rough style. And bottom 6 wingers are not any need for the Blues. A late 1st would be nice, but again, they are not going to take draft picks as gold like a total rebuilding team would. And not only is Parayko playing his best hockey this season, but the Blues have no replacement in sight at the hardest position to staff in the NHL. And on top of all that you want them to eat a retention slot for seven years, with like 10M in retention total? Dude. Like I said, you haven't even paid for the retention here.

But to answer your question, as of now, he's not available.

I'm not arguing that Robertson is overly valuable, but he has worked on his skating and it's been commented that he's looking quicker this year. I don't know if thats true, and I have no desire to fight NHLs Edge site.
    SomeonesOffended liked this.
    Jan. 18 at 12:10 p.m.
    BayStreetBully
    Quoting: SMH
    no thanks from montreal. no reason for them to trade both players in a package for a discounted price

A top prospect, 1st Rd Pick and NHL level d-man (signed thru next year) would be a discounted price? What would be fair for a rental (Monahan) and an oft-injured second pairing d man?
    Jan. 18 at 12:19 p.m.
    habs not helping the make beleafs unless its pure pciks. we dont want any players that have been tainted by whatever is going on over there.
    Jan. 18 at 12:36 p.m.
    Xercuses

He’s not available but let’s say he was and fix your offer

First drop the retention, it’s not happening

Second, I get Brodie has to come back to make the cap work so add him and idk like a 2nd ig to pay for the dump but it doesn’t look like Toronto has a 2nd so just make it 2 3rds

Third, well the blues need a replacement RHD that can play over 25 minutes a night and play extremely hard pairings. The leafs don’t have that so for the sake of the argument. The blues would accept Liligren in that role

Now lastly you need to actually pay for Parakyo. I assume it starts at a guy like Knies. Then a couple good picks. So your first this year and next. Maybe 2 firsts is a little high but Toronto has no seconds so they are gonna have to make do.

So it’s
    Parayko for Brodie, Knies, Lilligren, 2024 first, 2026 first, 2024 3rd, 2025 3rd

That’s a much fairer offer that would probably be competitive if he was available
    Jan. 18 at 12:53 p.m.
    BayStreetBully
    Quoting: xercuses
    He’s not available but let’s say he was and fix your offer

First drop the retention, it’s not happening

Second, I get Brodie has to come back to make the cap work so add him and idk like a 2nd ig to pay for the dump but it doesn’t look like Toronto has a 2nd so just make it 2 3rds

Third, well the blues need a replacement RHD that can play over 25 minutes a night and play extremely hard pairings. The leafs don’t have that so for the sake of the argument. The blues would accept Liligren in that role

Now lastly you need to actually pay for Parakyo. I assume it starts at a guy like Knies. Then a couple good picks. So your first this year and next. Maybe 2 firsts is a little high but Toronto has no seconds so they are gonna have to make do.

So it’s
    Parayko for Brodie, Knies, Lilligren, 2024 first, 2026 first, 2024 3rd, 2025 3rd

That’s a much fairer offer that would probably be competitive if he was available

Appreciate the response - definitely not something that makes sense for the Leafs. Too much going the other way for what's coming back (as great as Parayko is), in my opinion.
    xercuses liked this.
    Jan. 18 at 1:34 p.m.
    Mr.
    A top prospect, 1st Rd Pick and NHL level d-man (signed thru next year) would be a discounted price? What would be fair for a rental (Monahan) and an oft-injured second pairing d man?

just because hes a top prospect for the leafs dont mean hes actually a top prospect, he isnt even top 10 F Prospect for MTL
    Jan. 18 at 2:24 p.m.
    Xercuses
    Appreciate the response - definitely not something that makes sense for the Leafs. Too much going the other way for what's coming back (as great as Parayko is), in my opinion.

Yup and i agree with you. Just thought id tell you how i see it from the blues side. Without him the team would just fall apart
    BayStreetBully91 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll