Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$987,500$987,500
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 13 at 11:43 a.m.
The bluejackets fan is going to eat you alive
Fail4Nail, swissmontana, M96N29 and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 13 at 11:44 a.m.
Boone Jenner is worth way more than dowd lol. Take out Jenner and the jackets accept
Feb. 13 at 11:46 a.m.
not a he )
Quoting: SK101
Boone Jenner is worth way more than dowd lol. Take out Jenner and the jackets accept

Lindgren is pretty valuable, though. Point stands this is not enough for Jenner, however.
TJTwolf and HockeyManiac95 liked this.
Feb. 13 at 11:47 a.m.
Quoting: JeffW

Columbus fans think Jenner is worth MacKinnon, good luck.
Ps, I probably doomed myself too smile
JeffW, NMAvsFan, ArakinSkywalker and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 13 at 11:49 a.m.
Quoting: Fail4Nail
Columbus fans think Jenner is worth MacKinnon, good luck.
Ps, I probably doomed myself too smile

Don't get me wrong I'd like Jenner on my team, but the most valuable asset that he brings to anyone's team is his contract.
NMAvsFan, Fail4Nail, TJTwolf and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 13 at 11:49 a.m.
you're basically asking for jenner for free just FYI
NMAvsFan, SK101, TJTwolf and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 13 at 11:57 a.m.
Representing the 505
Out of all the possible options, Jenner maybe makes the most sense but he's never performed like a 2C. Now, putting him on an established contender might get him to that level but it isn't a foregone conclusion. I do agree that you'll need to offer a different, better package if you really want him but the Avs don't have much to give up.

I think there are other options at 4C that will be cheaper and the Avs are more likely to go after a veteran with a lot of games under their belt over a guy like Lindgren (not that he hasn't been good but he has all of 83 NHL games and 0 NHL playoff games so that doesn't fit the Avs MO).
TJTwolf and HockeyManiac95 liked this.
Feb. 13 at 12:00 p.m.
Representing the 505
Don't get me wrong I'd like Jenner on my team, but the most valuable asset that he brings to anyone's team is his contract.

I do wonder how the Avs FO would value him. Two more years at an affordable rate would be great to tide them over until Ritchie is ready but do they see him as having 2C potential with the Avs or would he just end up being another guy playing over his head (read: the Avs asking too much of him)? They'd also have to give up quite a bit to acquire him so they'd have to be sure it would work reasonably well.
TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 13 at 12:02 p.m.
Representing the 505
Quoting: squashmaple
Lindgren is pretty valuable, though. Point stands this is not enough for Jenner, however.

What would you want for Jenner? I'm assuming a 1st of course but what else? I have no idea CBJ's needs.
Feb. 13 at 12:19 p.m.
Quoting: NMAvsFan
I do wonder how the Avs FO would value him. Two more years at an affordable rate would be great to tide them over until Ritchie is ready but do they see him as having 2C potential with the Avs or would he just end up being another guy playing over his head (read: the Avs asking too much of him)? They'd also have to give up quite a bit to acquire him so they'd have to be sure it would work reasonably well.

Well you'd have to think about it on 2 fronts.. does Jenner want a shot at a cup because that's the only reason CLB has to trade him, his contract is easy to fit into their structure. Therefore it's going to cost something you don't want to pay in order to aquire him. His salary is basically connor browns bonus for next year.

Secondly you have to factor in the cost to trade away ryjo as he would ultimately be his replacement on the salary cap and positionally.

I just think it's to much value going the other way for Jenner.
TJTwolf and NMAvsFan liked this.
Feb. 13 at 12:20 p.m.

I think Jenner is good, and he'll command a good return. Columbus isn't looking to trade him unless a good offer is there. IMO, that means they'd want Calum Ritchie.
Feb. 13 at 12:24 p.m.
Overvaluing Washington's assets a little and vastly undervaluing Jenner. Jenner isn't McJesus as some Jackets fans seem to think but he's worth a damn sight better offer than that.
HockeyManiac95 and SK101 liked this.
Feb. 13 at 12:30 p.m.
not a he )
What would you want for Jenner? I'm assuming a 1st of course but what else? I have no idea CBJ's needs.

He just has more valuable to his current team than any team would rightfully pay to acquire him for all the above reasons, not least of which is that Columbus is simply disinclined to trade him at all. This horse has been beaten to death repeatedly on these boards. In a vacuum, the Horvat deal would be a pretty good equivalent as his low cap hit locked in for three postseasons evens up whatever difference in point production the two have (and consider he is the offense on a terrible team, while Horvat was not), which is young roster player for cap reasons + top prospect + first. A first and a negative value cap dump with term beyond this year and a bad history with our GM are not even getting a callback.
Feb. 13 at 12:34 p.m.
Representing the 505
He just has more valuable to his current team than any team would rightfully pay to acquire him for all the above reasons, not least of which is that Columbus is simply disinclined to trade him at all. This horse has been beaten to death repeatedly on these boards. In a vacuum, the Horvat deal would be a pretty good equivalent as his low cap hit locked in for three postseasons evens up whatever difference in point production the two have (and consider he is the offense on a terrible team, while Horvat was not), which is young roster player for cap reasons + top prospect + first. A first and a negative value cap dump with term beyond this year and a bad history with our GM are not even getting a callback.

I assumed the Jackets trading Jenner was probably still not on the table. Good talk.
earl08, HockeyManiac95 and TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 13 at 12:36 p.m.
Quoting: Fail4Nail
I think Jenner is good, and he'll command a good return. Columbus isn't looking to trade him unless a good offer is there. IMO, that means they'd want Calum Ritchie.

Which is a non starter for me personally
NMAvsFan and TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 13 at 12:37 p.m.

This is why God invented the Ignore button!
Fail4Nail and TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 13 at 12:40 p.m.
I assumed the Jackets trading Jenner was probably still not on the table. Good talk.

Right, like 'aren't you tired of typing No differently in every single one of your posts'? Come up with something positive, original, & constructive, or just don't bother. You have a brain: use your imagination.
ArakinSkywalker and TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 13 at 12:47 p.m.
and proud of it
Holy cow the Jackets trade is horrendous for them.

And the Caps trade is meh all around.

Don't get me wrong I like the ideas, but it's just not happening
TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 13 at 1:00 p.m.
not a he )

Then what else did you want me to say? You asked what I'd want and I said the Horvat deal and then further explained since apparently it needs to be reinforced for everyone seventeen times a day that it feels high because the team isn't inclined to trade him. This conversation always goes We want Jenner! / Jenner isn't available / But what if he was / OK, here's what we'd want / Ew, he's not worth that / Cool, no deal then, we're happy to keep him / He sucks anyway. Every time. Every fanbase. Did you see me asking for multple firsts, Byram, and Ritchie? No. That's insane. But a first, a top prospect from a weak pool like Colorado's (notice the article there is A and not even THE), and a young roster player for cap reasons (the Beauvillier equivalent) is a perfectly reasonable ask for what Jenner brings at the cap hit he has.

Quoting: earl08
Right, like 'aren't you tired of typing No differently in every single one of your posts'? Come up with something positive, original, & constructive, or just don't bother. You have a brain: use your imagination.

Is this directed at me? I'm more than happy to add you to my ignore list and never have this conversation again. Frankly, I'd love to never have to talk about Boone Jenner again. I don't even LIKE Boone Jenner. Alas, a dozen threads a day are posted with the same trade.
Feb. 13 at 1:02 p.m.

Well, hold on, Ritchie won't contribute this year or next most likely. That means in Jenner's last year, Ritchie will be a rookie. Rookie forwards hope & pray to hit 40pts, which is the benchmark indicator of an elite talent. Mikko had 39pts but got hosed on point 40 IMO when they took it away from him; he was also the top goal scorer on a historically bad team.

Anyways, you are ecstatic to only get 40pts from Ritchie, when Jenner is basically guaranteed 40 plus veteranyness playoff contributions. Jenner's low cap hit makes it easier to ice quality depth. I don't think its so cut & dry to give up Ritchie for Jenner.
Feb. 13 at 1:06 p.m.
Representing the 505
Then what else did you want me to say? You asked what I'd want and I said the Horvat deal and then further explained since apparently it needs to be reinforced for everyone seventeen times a day that it feels high because the team isn't inclined to trade him. This conversation always goes We want Jenner! / Jenner isn't available / But what if he was / OK, here's what we'd want / Ew, he's not worth that / Cool, no deal then, we're happy to keep him / He sucks anyway. Every time. Every fanbase. Did you see me asking for multple firsts, Byram, and Ritchie? No. That's insane. But a first, a top prospect from a weak pool like Colorado's (notice the article there is A and not even THE), and a young roster player for cap reasons (the Beauvillier equivalent) is a perfectly reasonable ask for what Jenner brings at the cap hit he has.

Apologies; I didn't mean to sound like I was being dismissive. I know that this conversation has been had; Avs fans had to deal with the Lindholm stuff and Monahan for two seasons. Every time we'd say, "No thanks," five more of the same proposals would pop up. Now, it's Mittelstadt. I understand it's tiring so you don't have to respond to any more of them; I've stopped responding most of the time since it's all unrealistic.
TJTwolf and squashmaple liked this.
Feb. 13 at 1:12 p.m.

Fair point, but you gotta give to take. I use the Blake Coleman trade from New Jersey to Tampa as an example. Coleman was on a great contract and was traded for a first and Nolan Foote (who at the time was a top, first round drafted prospect for Tampa).
Feb. 13 at 1:13 p.m.
Well, hold on, Ritchie won't contribute this year or next most likely. That means in Jenner's last year, Ritchie will be a rookie. Rookie forwards hope & pray to hit 40pts, which is the benchmark indicator of an elite talent. Mikko had 39pts but got hosed on point 40 IMO when they took it away from him; he was also the top goal scorer on a historically bad team.

Anyways, you are ecstatic to only get 40pts from Ritchie, when Jenner is basically guaranteed 40 plus veteranyness playoff contributions. Jenner's low cap hit makes it easier to ice quality depth. I don't think its so cut & dry to give up Ritchie for Jenner.

I'm wth JeffW on that one. Ritchie would be a no. You're keeping him if you're the Avs for the very reason you state that he would likely be a rookie in Jenner's final year. He's the guy you're probably looking to replace Jenner with once Jenner wants a raise he probably won't be worth (in a hypothetical world where the Avs acquired him).
Feb. 13 at 1:14 p.m.
Representing the 505

Part of the problem is age. Jenner will be 31 when next season starts and will only have two years left. It is true that Richie won't be in until probably 2025-2026 but if he can come in and be effective for the rest of the window, that's better than just a few years of Jenner. I am fully aware that some people are of the mind that "the time is now" and that the Avs should be "all in" every single year (blowing as many assets as possible to have the perceived best chance to win) but I do not share that sentiment. It is not unrealistic to think that guys like Mac, Mikko and Cale will continue to perform well into their mid-30's so you want to keep that window open for as long as you can. Ritchie can help with that so, assuming the Avs have a plan for him and see him as a potential long-term 2C, I don't think he should be traded because once he's gone, he's gone.
TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 13 at 1:15 p.m.

Is this directed at me? I'm more than happy to add you to my ignore list and never have this conversation again. Frankly, I'd love to never have to talk about Boone Jenner again. I don't even LIKE Boone Jenner. Alas, a dozen threads a day are posted with the same trade.

We can feel your pain. The years of Monahan (& this year the added Lindholm factor) to the Avs got tiresome to say the least. Jenner out of CBS is in a similar vein.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll