STL
  1. Chabot, Thomas
  2. Chychrun, Jakob
Additional Details:
*ONLY ONE OF THEM, NOT 1 FOR 1*
OTT
  1. Parayko, Colton
Additional Details:
the sens have too many LD's, and rumors of chychrun being traded at the deadline didn't end up being true, but if they can't sign him to an extension this summer I would expect the rumors to come back, that being said, if they can extend him chabot feels like the odd man out, because Sanderson should be practically untouchable. The sens had interest in Tanev a few weeks before the deadline and I think Parayko is a similar player to Tanev. Obviously Parayko would have to approve of a trade to Ottawa, and this would make the sens older but I don't think the sens would want to rebuild again, and a deal like this could make some sense for them. As for St. Louis, they get out of what could become one of the worst contracts in the league depending on when Parayko regresses, and get a younger defenseman who's just as good if not better, which could help keep the team competitive and building more for the future in the process. I expect both teams to go into a bit of a retool this summer and this could be a deal that gets explored.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
19$87,000,000$79,020,595$0$412,500$7,979,405
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$8,125,000$8,125,000
C, RW
UFA - 7
$8,125,000$8,125,000
RW
UFA - 7
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$835,833$835,833
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
LW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 10 at 4:22 p.m.
Mods have power egos
You probably have better odds getting chychrun nut you'll probably have to add
Mar. 10 at 6:13 p.m.
Xercuses
Blues decline

Whole point would be to get one of those to play with Parayko, but it wouldn’t be a one for one, if it’s Chycrun Sens would have to add since he’s a UFA
Mar. 10 at 7:21 p.m.
mokumboi
It's not a crazy idea. It;s a horrible idea. Chych is a wildly overrated 2LD with one year to UFA. Hard pass. Chabot is has a terrible contract, barely defends and is injured 35-40% the time. Super mega heeeeeyellll naw.

Quoting: NYRxLundqvist

Whether Ottawa would expect the Blues to add or not, there's zero chance the Blues agree to swap six years of 1RD for one year of 2LD.
Mar. 10 at 9:11 p.m.
Quoting: xercuses
Blues decline

Whole point would be to get one of those to play with Parayko, but it wouldn’t be a one for one, if it’s Chycrun Sens would have to add since he’s a UFA

he's got a year on his deal
Mar. 10 at 11:21 p.m.
Xercuses
Quoting: emoprettyboy
he's got a year on his deal

The trade deadline is over mate
Mar. 10 at 11:33 p.m.
Quoting: xercuses
The trade deadline is over mate

yes and he had another year on his deal still. do you need me to explain it to you further. do you understand the concept of contracts having another year yet
Mar. 11 at 10:02 a.m.
Matt1567
Quoting: NYRxLundqvist

crazy how it says its not 1 for 1, its just an outline of a deal
Mar. 11 at 10:21 a.m.
Matt1567
Quoting: mokumboi
It's not a crazy idea. It;s a horrible idea. Chych is a wildly overrated 2LD with one year to UFA. Hard pass. Chabot is has a terrible contract, barely defends and is injured 35-40% the time. Super mega heeeeeyellll naw.

Whether Ottawa would expect the Blues to add or not, there's zero chance the Blues agree to swap six years of 1RD for one year of 2LD.

as someone who doesn't watch the sens I can't say for certain if chabot doesn't play defense or if chychrun is overrated, but looking at their advanced stats chabot is pretty good defensively, Chychrun is apparently the one who sucks at defense, while Chabot's offensive game has been bad this year. Not saying the numbers are everything but that's all I really have to go off of
Xspyrit liked this.
Mar. 11 at 10:31 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Matt1567
as someone who doesn't watch the sens I can't say for certain if chabot doesn't play defense or if chychrun is overrated, but looking at their advanced stats chabot is pretty good defensively, Chychrun is apparently the one who sucks at defense, while Chabot's offensive game has been bad this year. Not saying the numbers are everything but that's all I really have to go off of

Chabot makes a lot of mistakes, both defensively and with bad turnovers. They've been leaking goals left and right since he came back from injury (and boy are there a lot of injuries). His contract is unappetizing. And yeah, Chych has been partially sheltered in Ottawa, and his results are still underwhelming. Plus he's a UFA next summer. Trading Colt for one of these guys = we're so screwed.
Mar. 11 at 11:54 a.m.
Chychrun for Parayko ok (of course Blues do this if extension) but not Chabot.

Quoting: mokumboi

You often make these opinionated statements but do you have anything substantial that shows that Parayko is better? His metrics took a significant nosedive the last 3 years... both Chychrun and Chabot heavily outproduce Parayko year after year so there's that. Curious to read the digs.

It's because the average hockey fan doesn't even know what defense is. They still think transition is not part of "defending". Nothing to do but wait another decade for them to catch up on things, like I have always been waiting, it's been for "pace", "advanced stats", "2-way concept" and so many other things
Mar. 11 at 12:16 p.m.
Mods have power egos
crazy how it says its not 1 for 1, its just an outline of a deal

Are you bullying me because I can't read???? That's messed up
Mar. 11 at 12:41 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Xspyrit
Chychrun for Parayko ok (of course Blues do this if extension) but not Chabot.

You often make these opinionated statements but do you have anything substantial that shows that Parayko is better?

His metrics took a significant nosedive the last 3 years...

both Chychrun and Chabot heavily outproduce Parayko year after year so there's that. Curious to read the digs.

1 - No, they definitely do not.

2 - I never actually said anything about Parayko being "better". I constantly say he is desperately needed and thus not available. Straight "value" is far from the only consideration. The main issue is the type of Dman all three are. The Blues have no one to replace Parayko (who is also a beloved part of the community and the love is mutual). Neither of those LDs help that. It could be argued adding Chabot exacerbates the problem.

3 - Heh. Metrics. Translated: doesn't watch the player, relies only on 100% subjective formulas instead. Parayko is currently in the top 10, if not top 5 of a large array of individual counting stats (no formula required), but nobody ever mentions that. It's one thing to think analytics can replace watching the player, but it's just weird to ignore objective and individual stats because subjective on-ice numbers. On top of all that, Parayko's teammate level when he faces top lines (as always) is just sad right now. Leddy's been decent after being horrific last season, but now the dummies behind the bench think it's a smart idea to make him carry our 4th line out there, too. Metrics shmetrics. They're there to offer supporting context, not take over as gospel.

4 - By out produce I assume you mean points. And yes, they do outproduce him, which is easier to do when they get tons of PP time and he barely ever gets any. Last season, Parayko put up .8 points/60 at 5v5 - Chabot put up .6/60. Through the years, Chabot has only a slight edge in 5v5 P/60. And since arriving in Ottawa, Chych's P/60 is also down near Parayko's (this season it's .7/60 at 5v5, Chych's is .9/60.

And as you pointed out transition is a part of defense. It's also a part of offense, and Parayko is well ahead of both in transition numbers this season. He's been near elite. Same goes for pinching. Parayko does way more jobs than people relying on analytics realize. Of course, that's the problem with analytics - they aren't made to rely on.
Mar. 11 at 6:12 p.m.
Xercuses
Quoting: emoprettyboy
yes and he had another year on his deal still. do you need me to explain it to you further. do you understand the concept of contracts having another year yet

Never mind I guess I’m stupid as ****!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll