LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $7,100,000$7,100,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 6
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
    LW
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Seattle Kraken
    $5,166,666$5,166,666
    C, LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    C, LW
    RFA
    $775,000$775,000
    RW
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $8,350,000$8,350,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 7
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 8
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    G
    RFA
    $3,850,000$3,850,000
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    RD
    UFA
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
    G
    RFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $3,333,333$3,333,333
    RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LD/RD
    RFA
    $850,000$850,000
    LW, C
    UFA
    $950,000$950,000
    RD
    UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 11 at 10:52 a.m.
    Go Jets Go
    I feel like I've seen a lot of Buffalo AC-GM's getting rid of Jokiharju...he still seems like a decent 5-6 guy, is there a reason Buffalo fans don't want to keep him?
    Apr. 11 at 11:01 a.m.
    Quoting: Rooney
    I feel like I've seen a lot of Buffalo AC-GM's getting rid of Jokiharju...he still seems like a decent 5-6 guy, is there a reason Buffalo fans don't want to keep him?

I made this as a NSH fan, so take this with a grain of salt.

They have Clifton signed long-term, and they have one of Dahlin/Power/Byram to play RD on another pair. I think BUF could use a better defensive RHD for the 2nd pair, so insert Demelo. And then trade Jokiharju for a versatile forward that has playoff/cup experience for a young team. Getting rid of Jokiharju allows them to improve two positions at once. Jokiharju hasn’t excelled either offensively or defensively imo— kinda the mushy middle. Still has potential to be that number 4 guy though. He seems expendable given his contract status as well.
    Rooney liked this.
    Apr. 11 at 11:10 a.m.
    Sabres fan
    I don’t love the Jokiharju trade here, but the bigger travesty is just giving away Samuelsson for nothing.
    AntiAnalytics liked this.
    Apr. 11 at 11:17 a.m.
    Quoting: Tjm220
    I don’t love the Jokiharju trade here, but the bigger travesty is just giving away Samuelsson for nothing.

He’ll get less than the two 2nds Toews got, so I went with two 3rds. If he gets more, great. Just moving his cap as he’s not really needed once Demelo, who is better, is added, and they don’t need to spend that kind of money on the 3rd pair. Also opens a spot for Johnson.

I explained my reasoning for moving Jokiharju in a previous comment. I just think Power - Dahlin, Byram - Demelo is significantly better than what it would be with Jokiharju. And they add a guy that would help their PK and contribute offensively while also bringing playoff experience to a team that severely lacks it.
    Apr. 11 at 11:33 a.m.
    Sabres fan
    Quoting: villenash
    He’ll get less than the two 2nds Toews got, so I went with two 3rds. If he gets more, great. Just moving his cap as he’s not really needed once Demelo, who is better, is added, and they don’t need to spend that kind of money on the 3rd pair. Also opens a spot for Johnson.

I explained my reasoning for moving Jokiharju in a previous comment. I just think Power - Dahlin, Byram - Demelo is significantly better than what it would be with Jokiharju. And they add a guy that would help their PK and contribute offensively while also bringing playoff experience to a team that severely lacks it.

If that’s all they can get for Samuelsson they should just hang onto him. That’s a terrible return for a young top 4 defender on most teams with a long term deal.
    villenash and AntiAnalytics liked this.
    Apr. 11 at 12:15 p.m.
    Quoting: Tjm220
    If that’s all they can get for Samuelsson they should just hang onto him. That’s a terrible return for a young top 4 defender on most teams with a long term deal.

This team could be reworked to keep him for this upcoming season, but I don’t see him staying in BUF past 2024-25.
    Apr. 11 at 12:33 p.m.
    Edited Apr. 11 at 1:39 p.m.
    This team could be reworked to keep him for this upcoming season, but I don’t see him staying in BUF past 2024-25.

U obviously don’t have a good understanding of what we’re doing here either though….
    Apr. 11 at 12:45 p.m.
    Quoting: AntiAnalytics
    U obviously don’t have a good understanding of what we’re doing here either though,,,,

Isn’t it so fun to put people down instead of offering insight into a team you follow more closely? Keep doing you.
    Apr. 11 at 12:49 p.m.
    Isn’t it so fun to put people down instead of offering insight into a team you follow more closely? Keep doing you.

Don’t be so sensitive, i wasn’t “putting u down”
    You’re just making assumptions that most Buffalo fans would tell you are WAY off base

Sorry, but that’s what i think
    Apr. 11 at 1:05 p.m.
    Don’t be so sensitive, i wasn’t “putting u down”
    You’re just making assumptions that most Buffalo fans would tell you are WAY off base

Sorry, but that’s what i think

lol ok

It’s a post that doesn’t offer any real input. Why bother?
    Apr. 11 at 1:30 p.m.
    lol ok

It’s a post that doesn’t offer any real input. Why bother?

You’re a NSH fan, so i really don’t see the point in breaking down why your assumptions are off base
    1- most ppl just aren’t receptive to that
    2- u didn’t ask for Buffalo fans to let u know where u went right, what was wrong, etc etc- so I’m not gonna get into a convo when idk if it’s gonna be constructive or just a dumb argument

And u really aren’t doing anything to show you really wanna know more about the Sabres here
    Just acting mad like i hurt your feelings
    Apr. 11 at 1:36 p.m.
    You’re a NSH fan, so i really don’t see the point in breaking down why your assumptions are off base
    1- most ppl just aren’t receptive to that
    2- u didn’t ask for Buffalo fans to let u know where u went right, what was wrong, etc etc- so I’m not gonna get into a convo when idk if it’s gonna be constructive or just a dumb argument

And u really aren’t doing anything to show you really wanna know more about the Sabres here
    Just acting mad like i hurt your feelings

Your last ACGM literally added Iafallo and Demelo just like mine did…
    Apr. 11 at 1:41 p.m.
    Your last ACGM literally added Iafallo and Demelo just like mine did…

Correct- not EVERYTHING u did was absurd, just some of it
    Enough to show u don’t have that good of an understanding on what’s going on with us

Do u really need me to break down each thing you’re off on?
    Bc idk why I’d waste my time doing that when you’ve been completely unreceptive to any type of critique on this ACGM???
    Apr. 11 at 2:08 p.m.
    Correct- not EVERYTHING u did was absurd, just some of it
    Enough to show u don’t have that good of an understanding on what’s going on with us

Do u really need me to break down each thing you’re off on?
    Bc idk why I’d waste my time doing that when you’ve been completely unreceptive to any type of critique on this ACGM???

I literally responded to a comment saying that I could rework it to keep Samuelsson as another commenter didn’t like the deal— and gave my reasoning for the initial deal and longterm view of Samuelsson on the team. I’m not beholden to any view here and am open to changing my mind.
    Apr. 11 at 2:12 p.m.
    I literally responded to a comment saying that I could rework it to keep Samuelsson as another commenter didn’t like the deal.

AFTER u traded him away for nothing
    And u also commented how u don’t see him here past next season, etc etc etc

Good grief dude
    I’m sorry i hurt your feelings, but if u don’t want criticism then maybe post about teams u know more about- or just don’t post at all, bc ppl will comment on what they think you’re wrong about
    Apr. 11 at 3:09 p.m.
    AFTER u traded him away for nothing
    And u also commented how u don’t see him here past next season, etc etc etc

Good grief dude
    I’m sorry i hurt your feelings, but if u don’t want criticism then maybe post about teams u know more about- or just don’t post at all, bc ppl will comment on what they think you’re wrong about

I don’t mind criticism. I like it; you learn from it, and I’m always happy to learn more about teams/players. It’s just better when there is something actually behind it other than just lazy jeering.

You’re acting like no one can have an opinion on your team other than you and BUF fans. This site is about having fun and trying new things and seeing where teams could go in the future. The fact that it’s a different opinion than yours is a good thing. Discussion is a good thing. The issue here is that you just didn’t bother including anything productive in your posts, and I called you out.

I’m not going to bother with this anymore as it’s not doing anything for either of us. I just hope in the future that you offer insights into your team to other people on here as opposed to just lazy jeering. Most of us on here are just looking to have fun and learn more about teams/players.

All the best.
    Apr. 11 at 3:13 p.m.
    Tell me how someone is supposed to be receptive to comments/other opinions before they post something and hear from comments/other opinions? You literally make zero sense…

You’re acting like no one can have an opinion on your team other than you and BUF fans. This site is about having fun and trying new things and seeing where teams could go in the future. The fact that it’s a different opinion than yours is a good thing. Discussion is a good thing. The issue here is that you just didn’t bother including anything productive in your posts, and I called you out.

I’m not going to bother with this anymore as it’s not doing anything for either of us. I just hope in the future that you offer insights into your team to other people on here as opposed to just lazy jeering. Most of us on here are just looking to have fun and learn more about teams/players.

All the best.

AGAIN….
    Apr. 11 at 7:44 p.m.
    I don’t mind criticism. I like it; you learn from it, and I’m always happy to learn more about teams/players. It’s just better when there is something actually behind it other than just lazy jeering.

All the best.

AA is a baby. Dude throws temper tantrums in like every thread when he sees a trade he doesn’t like. Absolutely no chance that guy is over the age of 16
    villenash liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll