SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Predicting the next 8 Stanley cup finals

Jul. 23, 2017 at 10:55 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Sahil2020
Just because RAIF thinks oilers will win 3 in 8, that automatically jinks their chances of going close to Lord Stanley

sorry but who was saying that PIT would beat Ottawa when many disagreed, who was saying that PIT would beat NSH when nobody else agreed, and who was saying that TBL was going to re-sign Stamkos even up to the very end?

Basically everyone thought PIT would beat OTT, but nobody wanted them to. Practically everyone thought PIT would beat NSH, but nobody wanted them to. Ppl only wanted to believe in the pipe dream that Stamkos would sign with TOR
Jul. 23, 2017 at 10:55 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni

sorry but who was saying that PIT would beat Ottawa when many disagreed, who was saying that PIT would beat NSH when nobody else agreed, and who was saying that TBL was going to re-sign Stamkos even up to the very end?

Basically everyone thought PIT would beat OTT, but nobody wanted them to. Practically everyone thought PIT would beat NSH, but nobody wanted them to. Ppl only wanted to believe in the pipe dream that Stamkos would sign with TOR

I knew Stammer was going to resignl
nobody liked this.
Jul. 23, 2017 at 10:56 p.m.
Where the hell are the flyers or wild? the flyers have hands down the best prospect pool in the NHL, and they don't even make it to one?

Other than Rubtsov, Morin, and Sanheim, what other top prospects do they have? i'm sure if' forgetting someone but who is it?

Phil Myers / Carter Hart / Nolan Patrick / Robert Hagg (good prospect) / Felix Sandstrom / Isaac Ratcliffe / Morgan Frost / Oskar Lindblom
Jul. 23, 2017 at 10:57 p.m.
Oh Canada
Quoting: Sahil2020
Just because RAIF thinks oilers will win 3 in 8, that automatically jinks their chances of going close to Lord Stanley

Yea no one agreed that the reigning champions would beat a team that couldn't sell out a game or a team playing Colton Sissons as a 1C, or that a hockey player would sign in Florida, wow do you think the sun is gonna come up tomorrow when "everyone disagreed"
Jul. 23, 2017 at 10:58 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

are you ever going to provide substance to any claim you make regarding the Flyers, or are you going to just be all talk? I made the point that the Flyers have the best prospects in the NHL, and you have yet to address that point of contention.

Shayne Gostisbehere is extremely overrated, Voracek and Giroux have both been trash lately, there aren't many quality wing prospects, and Carter Hart is still a good 4-5 years from being the high end starter you'll need to win. By that point, you guys will have to give a lot of money to Patrick (if he can ever get healthy), Provorov, Konecny, and the other defense prospects, plus Hart himself will want a lot of money. Simmonds will need a raise, you have to make a decision on Couturier, and I haven't even gotten to guys like Morgan Frost and German Rubtsov. All that money to give out with over 16.5 million tied up in Giroux and Voracek. I know that there are guys coming off that have big salaries, but just from a financial standpoint this team is going to be in hell. But wait, there's more! On the ice, you guys are garbage! I watched the Flyers enough to know that the players on D wasn't all of the problem. They have no defensive structure. I don't care if your defense is made up of Erik Karlsson, Drew Doughty, Roman Josi, Brent Burns, Victor Hedman and OEL. If there's no structure, then you're in trouble. So you guys will have 7 NHL centerman and 3 wingers up front, and unless Hakstol is gone, some quality defenseman with no structure, and a cap issue.

And what's this crap about the Caps being a "sub-5 team in about 4-7 years"? We have a lot of good defense prospects (Bowey, Djoos, Johansen, Hobbs, Siegenthaler to name a few), the top goalie prospect in the world in Samsonov (I know, it's not Carter Hart! Surprising!), and some quality forward prospects (Vrana, Gersich, Walker, Barber, Riat). Not to mention the fact that we have a young #1 center with Kuznetsov, Burakovsky will be a top line player either this season or next, and we have that Holtby guy, too. He's not bad. Then when you take into account the fact that Orlov is already a top pairing NHL defenseman and he's only 26 is good news for us. We could also bring Carlson back, another young top pairing defenseman. Don't even mention the Oshie contract, because that one contract at 5.75 won't have near the effects of Giroux and Voracek.
rangersandislesfan and awatt liked this.
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:00 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz

are you ever going to provide substance to any claim you make regarding the Flyers, or are you going to just be all talk? I made the point that the Flyers have the best prospects in the NHL, and you have yet to address that point of contention.

Shayne Gostisbehere is extremely overrated, Voracek and Giroux have both been trash lately, there aren't many quality wing prospects, and Carter Hart is still a good 4-5 years from being the high end starter you'll need to win. By that point, you guys will have to give a lot of money to Patrick (if he can ever get healthy), Provorov, Konecny, and the other defense prospects, plus Hart himself will want a lot of money. Simmonds will need a raise, you have to make a decision on Couturier, and I haven't even gotten to guys like Morgan Frost and German Rubtsov. All that money to give out with over 16.5 million tied up in Giroux and Voracek. I know that there are guys coming off that have big salaries, but just from a financial standpoint this team is going to be in hell. But wait, there's more! On the ice, you guys are garbage! I watched the Flyers enough to know that the players on D wasn't all of the problem. They have no defensive structure. I don't care if your defense is made up of Erik Karlsson, Drew Doughty, Roman Josi, Brent Burns, Victor Hedman and OEL. If there's no structure, then you're in trouble. So you guys will have 7 NHL centerman and 3 wingers up front, and unless Hakstol is gone, some quality defenseman with no structure, and a cap issue.

And what's this crap about the Caps being a "sub-5 team in about 4-7 years"? We have a lot of good defense prospects (Bowey, Djoos, Johansen, Hobbs, Siegenthaler to name a few), the top goalie prospect in the world in Samsonov (I know, it's not Carter Hart! Surprising!), and some quality forward prospects (Vrana, Gersich, Walker, Barber, Riat). Not to mention the fact that we have a young #1 center with Kuznetsov, Burakovsky will be a top line player either this season or next, and we have that Holtby guy, too. He's not bad. Then when you take into account the fact that Orlov is already a top pairing NHL defenseman and he's only 26 is good news for us. We could also bring Carlson back, another young top pairing defenseman. Don't even mention the Oshie contract, because that one contract at 5.75 won't have near the effects of Giroux and Voracek.

16 million in Ovechkin and Oshie isnt much different to Vorachek and Giroux
nobody liked this.
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:01 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: boltscharge17

Ovechkin is going to get traded to pursue a Cup by that point
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Other than Rubtsov, Morin, and Sanheim, what other top prospects do they have? i'm sure if' forgetting someone but who is it?

Look at whos on the team to begin with as well

yep, not a very good team.

neutral
krakowitz liked this.
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:02 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

Not to mention the fact that the Leafs, Sabres, Hurricanes, Lightning, and Blue Jackets are all going to be very relevant in the East.
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I knew Stammer was going to resignl

maybe you did but who says everyone else did? i used to post on another site and everyone kept telling me Stamkos was leaving TBL and thinking i was crazy for thinking he was gonna re-sign.

Have fun trying to sell his 9 million dollar contract
phillyjabroni liked this.
Black Lives Matter

Phil Myers / Carter Hart / Nolan Patrick / Robert Hagg (good prospect) / Felix Sandstrom / Isaac Ratcliffe / Morgan Frost / Oskar Lindblom

fair enough
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:04 p.m.

neutral

And the Islanders are SO much better they should be in the playoffs without a doubt
nobody liked this.
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:04 p.m.
Ghost is anything but overrated. Did you not watch his rookie campaign? 2nd in Calder voting, all of his goals but one, either tied the game or were a GWG. Giroux and Voracek are still top players, but everyone had a rough year last year. Kuznestov just got handed one of the worst contracts this offseason. He is a 2c. What about Couturier, the best 3c in the NHL?

We will have ample cap space in 2 years
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Ovi isn't getting traded. Washington should go for the cup another year. I am predicting that they win it anyway.
Black Lives Matter
Ghost is anything but overrated. Did you not watch his rookie campaign? 2nd in Calder voting, all of his goals but one, either tied the game or were a GWG. Giroux and Voracek are still top players, but everyone had a rough year last year. Kuznestov just got handed one of the worst contracts this offseason. He is a 2c. What about Couturier, the best 3c in the NHL?

We will have ample cap space in 2 years

agreed, he's underrated.

Ovi isn't getting traded. Washington should go for the cup another year. I am predicting that they win it anyway.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha
nobody liked this.
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

neutral

And the Islanders are SO much better they should be in the playoffs without a doubt

they were better than Philly.
krakowitz liked this.
Black Lives Matter

Bwahahahahahahahahaha

this year less people are expecting them to win and they will feel less like they 'need' to win for the fans.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha

Have fun getting ****** by Pittsburgh in the 2nd round again because thats all what Washington does, unless they miss the playoffs
phillyjabroni and nobody liked this.
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:07 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

I appreciate you trying to support the Caps, but stop. We aren't winning this year. Hell, I'd want nothing more than for you to be right, but it's not happening. Not with one of Vrana/Connolly/Wilson in our top 6

they were better than Philly.

great job being better than a team that has literally some of the worst defensmen in the NHL (except Provorov/Ghost) - Gudas is alright
Black Lives Matter

Bwahahahahahahahahaha

Have fun getting ****** by Pittsburgh in the 2nd round again because thats all what Washington does, unless they miss the playoffs

Look at the guys PIT lost. WSH has prospects to fill the holes of the guys they lost.
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:08 p.m.

Look at the guys PIT lost. WSH has prospects to fill the holes of the guys they lost.

PIT lost whom again? MAF and...?
Jul. 23, 2017 at 11:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I appreciate you trying to support the Caps, but stop. We aren't winning this year. Hell, I'd want nothing more than for you to be right, but it's not happening. Not with one of Vrana/Connolly/Wilson in our top 6

i'm guessing you thought it would happen this year though?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll