Forums/Armchair-GM

Another Rossi Idea

Created by: MNBassman
Team: 2024-25 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: May 1, 2024
Published: May 1, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I know Guhle is a big ask, and probably a non-starter…but he would be a great decade-long D partner for Faber!
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,750,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Hunt, Daemon
  2. Rossi, Marco
Additional Details:
Daemon looks to be developing into a solid 3rd pairing LHD with possibly a 2nd pairing ceiling.
MIN
  1. 2024 1st round pick (NJD)
  2. 2024 5th round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. Gustavsson, Filip
  2. 2024 1st round pick (MIN)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$87,500,000$84,517,754$425,000$2,502,500$2,982,246
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$4,125,000$4,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
C, LW, RW
RFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
C
RFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
RD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,450,000$2,450,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 1 at 1:34 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
I think you're correct in thinking Guhle would be a perfect partner for Faber. But there's ZERO chance MTL let him go for a Rossi package.

Habs would be looking at doing another Dach/Newhook type trade, and Rossi would be a good candidate / target for MTL. but we are talking moving draft picks here. Guhle is not for sale and should be considered an untouchable for MTL imo. So unless MIN would consider moving one of their untouchables, I don't see it happening.
Joblow and MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 1:35 p.m.
Any Guhle trade would start with Boldy. Habs don’t need another small forward. Picks and prospect would need to be involved but that the only player that could interest Mtl.
Rossi is a good players but just not interesting for Mtl already small forward group.
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 1:37 p.m.
Flyers
Sanheim is available for Rossi. Just saying. If thats an interest, let me know. Flyer fans definitely have interest in Rossi to man our 2nd line.
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 1:38 p.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
I think you're correct in thinking Guhle would be a perfect partner for Faber. But there's ZERO chance MTL let him go for a Rossi package.

Habs would be looking at doing another Dach/Newhook type trade, and Rossi would be a good candidate / target for MTL. but we are talking moving draft picks here. Guhle is not for sale and should be considered an untouchable for MTL imo. So unless MIN would consider moving one of their untouchables, I don't see it happening.

I doubt that Hugues target Rossi. They made it clear that they needed to get bigger up front on media day. Rossi is sure a good player but 0 physical.
drambui and ht42 liked this.
May 1 at 1:55 p.m.
Quoting: Renegade_H
Sanheim is available for Rossi. Just saying. If thats an interest, let me know. Flyer fans definitely have interest in Rossi to man our 2nd line.

Sanheim would be a no. Guerin was pretty transparent in his post-season presser that he likes the d corps as is. A Middleton extension is expected this summer according to MNs main beat writer, and MN also has a ton of LD prospects.

Who on PHI would be considered available in a Rossi trade? Not saying in a 1-1, but just as a framework.
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 2:01 p.m.
Flyers
Quoting: MNCountryClub
Sanheim would be a no. Guerin was pretty transparent in his post-season presser that he likes the d corps as is. A Middleton extension is expected this summer according to MNs main beat writer, and MN also has a ton of LD prospects.

Who on PHI would be considered available in a Rossi trade? Not saying in a 1-1, but just as a framework.

Id trade Brink and Frost for a Rossi package. Or Zamula and Frost and pick.
May 1 at 2:04 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

You traded young dman Romanov to get Dach
May 1 at 2:06 p.m.
Mr.
If rossi was 6'2 montreal will be interested but he isn't so unfortunately we simply don't have the need or position for another small winger in our team (montreal won't sacrifice guhle for a player who won't even be on the first PP unit, again because we already caufield and Hutson on the 1st PP for years to come)
Joblow and MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 2:07 p.m.
Quoting: Renegade_H
Id trade Brink and Frost for a Rossi package. Or Zamula and Frost and pick.

Which I'd imagine doesn't move the needle enough for MN, unless the FO is particularly high on one of those players.

If that's the best PHI can do, my hunch is that MN just keeps him or gets a better offer elsewhere.
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 2:19 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Joblow
I doubt that Hugues target Rossi. They made it clear that they needed to get bigger up front on media day. Rossi is sure a good player but 0 physical.

I think it would depend on Hughes' plan for Newhook (keep him as a 3rd line Center, or a top 6 winger), and when they project their prospects like Beck, Mesar, or Kapanen to be pushing for roster spots.

A key focus for MTL is finding depth scoring. Apart from the Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky line, there was almost literally no offense being generated. Having a healthy Dach back will do wonders to help with this, but adding someone like Rossi would be a solid move imo. Really depends on the cost.

Barron is probably the player MTL would want to dangle (along with draft picks), but doesn't look like what MIN would be looking for...If MIN is looking to add physicality, and would target someone that Habs probably don't want to give up (but could be realistically ok letting go), I think Struble would be a target. Guy is an absolute unit and built like a truck. Xhekaj would be an obvious other candidate, but he's pretty controversial on here lol.

Struble + WINs 2024 1st for Rossi? Not sure I like it as a Habs fan, but seems pretty fair market value if there are multiple teams bidding for Rossi.
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 2:36 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: dgibb10

Lot of different factors there:

- They traded Romanov because they knew they had Guhle (who had yet to play a game in the NHL yet) ready to step up and take his place, and probably didn't want Romanov blocking his path.

- Romanov was probably at his highest possible value when he was traded for 13th overall.

- Habs management probably value Guhle much higher than they did Romanov.

Look, you've made trade proposals on here for Guhle (for Holtz), other teams fan bases have made pitches for Guhle as well (this thread being another example)...Why? Because he's MTLs most well-rounded two-way LD with top pairing potential.
And I've said this before, 1 on 1 comparisons never being perfect, but Guhle is essentially a younger version of Jacob Slavin. Teams don't trade those kinds of players; they keep them around. Which is why Guhle should be considered an untouchable for MTL.
Not to mention it looks like Guhle will be signing an extension this summer. Probably somewhere in the range of $5.5mil aav (mid to short term) and as high $7mil aav (8 year max deal).
May 1 at 2:40 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Lot of different factors there:

- They traded Romanov because they knew they had Guhle (who had yet to play a game in the NHL yet) ready to step up and take his place, and probably didn't want Romanov blocking his path.

- Romanov was probably at his highest possible value when he was traded for 13th overall.

- Habs management probably value Guhle much higher than they did Romanov.

Look, you've made trade proposals on here for Guhle (for Holtz), other teams fan bases have made pitches for Guhle as well (this thread being another example)...Why? Because he's MTLs most well-rounded two-way LD with top pairing potential.
And I've said this before, 1 on 1 comparisons never being perfect, but Guhle is essentially a younger version of Jacob Slavin. Teams don't trade those kinds of players; they keep them around. Which is why Guhle should be considered an untouchable for MTL.
Not to mention it looks like Guhle will be signing an extension this summer. Probably somewhere in the range of $5.5mil aav (mid to short term) and as high $7mil aav (8 year max deal).

I have consistently said Guhle is worth a top 10 pick and they shouldn’t move him. But using the Dach deal, he was acquired by trading away a promising young dman
Blazingbat11 liked this.
May 1 at 2:47 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
I have consistently said Guhle is worth a top 10 pick and they shouldn’t move him. But using the Dach deal, he was acquired by trading away a promising young dman

That being said, and following your line of thinking if Guhle is moved, shouldn't it be for a player of a higher caliber than the Dach / 13th overall deal? Sure, Rossi was 9th overall 4 years ago, but I don't think anyone (including MIN fans) think he's still worth anywhere close to a top 10 pick.
dgibb10 liked this.
May 1 at 3:06 p.m.

That trade was explicitly made because of the current management's opinion of Guhle. Montreal doesn't have a D prospect who replaces what Guhle provides, whereas Guhle did replace what Romanov provided.
May 1 at 3:23 p.m.
Romanov was probably at his highest possible value when he was traded for 13th overall.

He had a good season this year. I’d imagine his value has gone up since he arrive on Long Island.
May 1 at 3:27 p.m.
I think it would be hard offer for Habs to turn down…especially if they are trying to shed a LHD
May 1 at 3:28 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: NHLfan10506
He had a good season this year. I’d imagine his value has gone up since he arrive on Long Island.

Oh I'd still consider Romanov a top 4 Dman, not sure about the whole being worth 13th overall or better though. Same as I wouldn't consider Dach being worth 13th overall anymore because he can't stay healthy.
NHLfan10506 and dgibb10 liked this.
May 1 at 3:32 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I think it would be hard offer for Habs to turn down…especially if they are trying to shed a LHD

Plenty of other LD option to consider moving before ever getting to the point of considering Guhle. Would rather move Matheson or any of the other LD prospects (aside from Hutson), before Guhle. Rossi falls in the same boat as a Dach/Newhook move imo... Guhle would be in a tier above.
May 1 at 3:35 p.m.
Plenty of other LD option to consider moving before ever getting to the point of considering Guhle. Would rather Matheson or any of the other LD prospects (aside from Hutson), before Guhle. Rossi falls in the same boat as a Dach/Newhook move imo... Guhle would be in a tier above.

The gap between Rossi and (no one) is probably larger than Guhle and Hunt over the long run.

But that makes sense. I think Morgan Frost would give most of what Rossi could…and is likely cheaper.
dgibb10 liked this.
May 1 at 3:38 p.m.
Quoting: SMH
If rossi was 6'2 montreal will be interested but he isn't so unfortunately we simply don't have the need or position for another small winger in our team (montreal won't sacrifice guhle for a player who won't even be on the first PP unit, again because we already caufield and Hutson on the 1st PP for years to come)

If Rossi was 6'2" I don't think the Wild would even listen to offers for him let alone try to actively trade him....
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 3:39 p.m.
I think it would depend on Hughes' plan for Newhook (keep him as a 3rd line Center, or a top 6 winger), and when they project their prospects like Beck, Mesar, or Kapanen to be pushing for roster spots.

A key focus for MTL is finding depth scoring. Apart from the Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky line, there was almost literally no offense being generated. Having a healthy Dach back will do wonders to help with this, but adding someone like Rossi would be a solid move imo. Really depends on the cost.

Barron is probably the player MTL would want to dangle (along with draft picks), but doesn't look like what MIN would be looking for...If MIN is looking to add physicality, and would target someone that Habs probably don't want to give up (but could be realistically ok letting go), I think Struble would be a target. Guy is an absolute unit and built like a truck. Xhekaj would be an obvious other candidate, but he's pretty controversial on here lol.

Struble + WINs 2024 1st for Rossi? Not sure I like it as a Habs fan, but seems pretty fair market value if there are multiple teams bidding for Rossi.

Rossi is a fine players, but in my opinion he is not a solution. You can’t win with a small team. Adding Rossi would be making stationary. I just think Rossi is not a target even if he is available. Gorton and Hugues put a lot of emphasis on getting bigger. To me it doesn’t make sense for MTL management. Maybe if Mtl acquire him then ship him in another trade. But that would be it. I don’t see Rossi playing for the Habs in a near futur.
I wouldn’t pay more than one of Struble, Harris or Barron and the first of Winnipeg.
SMH liked this.
May 1 at 3:52 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Joblow
Rossi is a fine players, but in my opinion he is not a solution. You can’t win with a small team. Adding Rossi would be making stationary. I just think Rossi is not a target even if he is available. Gorton and Hugues put a lot of emphasis on getting bigger. To me it doesn’t make sense for MTL management. Maybe if Mtl acquire him then ship him in another trade. But that would be it. I don’t see Rossi playing for the Habs in a near futur.
I wouldn’t pay more than one of Struble, Harris or Barron and the first of Winnipeg.

I think Hughes and Gorton are fine with a mixture of type of players. Drafting Slafkovsky, trading for Dach (big players), but also drafting Hutson, trading for Newhook (smaller skilled guys). I think from a depth perspective (and I consider Rossi a depth middle 6 player), simply adding more offense should be the focus. Rossi would accomplish this imo, and would 100% help the 2nd PP unit and overall add secondary scoring.
But I agree adding some more grit at forward should still be a focus for MTL. There's not much coming through the system aside from F.Xhekaj and Tuch. Hopefully MTL can draft someone with some size with their 1st rd pick...*cough* Lindstrom *cough*....

EDIT: Another small component that could be a benefit for MTL with Rossi specifically. It adds another fellow Austrian that could help Reinbacher.
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 3:56 p.m.
Mr.
Quoting: Upper_Body_Injury
If Rossi was 6'2" I don't think the Wild would even listen to offers for him let alone try to actively trade him....

And for that exact reason you won't get guhle from montreal for him
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 4:01 p.m.
Mr.
I think Hughes and Gorton are fine with a mixture of type of players. Drafting Slafkovsky, trading for Dach (big players), but also drafting Hutson, trading for Newhook (smaller skilled guys). I think from a depth perspective (and I consider Rossi a depth middle 6 player), simply adding more offense should be the focus. Rossi would accomplish this imo, and would 100% help the 2nd PP unit and overall add secondary scoring.
But I agree adding some more grit at forward should still be a focus for MTL. There's not much coming through the system aside from F.Xhekaj and Tuch. Hopefully MTL can draft someone with some size with their 1st rd pick...*cough* Lindstrom *cough*....

EDIT: Another small component that could be a benefit for MTL with Rossi specifically. It adds another fellow Austrian that could help Reinbacher.

Who is rossi replacing on the top PP unit next season ?

Caufield , no
Suzuki, no
Slafkovsky, no
Matheson/hutson, no
Dach ? Dach will be playing infront of the goalie because he's 6'4 so unless rossi is somehow that size he simply not a piece montreal will be paying for
Joblow liked this.
May 1 at 4:03 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: SMH
Who is rossi replacing on the top PP unit next season ?

Caufield , no
Suzuki, no
Slafkovsky, no
Matheson/hutson, no
Dach ? Dach will be playing infront of the goalie because he's 6'4 so unless rossi is somehow that size he simply not a piece montreal will be paying for

I wrote 2nd PP unit, and then said Rossi would add secondary scoring, which is extremely lacking for MTL.
Joblow liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll