SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Which Teams Have NO Shot at the Playoffs?

Jul. 26, 2017 at 8:48 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
There are a ton of teams on the bubble of making the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Most of the teams on the outside of the playoff picture last year improved, and a lot of the teams that were in the playoffs got worse, but not enough to the point where they'd be locks to miss the playoffs. So which teams have no shot at making the playoffs? I see there being 5 teams -- New Jersey, Vegas, Colorado, Detroit, and Vancouver. Other than that, I don't think it's completely unrealistic to suggest other teams making the playoffs. Teams like Arizona, LA, and Philly were close to being included here but I feel that they have a shot as well.

Who do you think is a virtual lock to miss the playoffs?
Jul. 26, 2017 at 9:44 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Even Detroit has a TINY chance at making the playoffs ... but the teams who i could pretty much say 'won't' make it are Colorado, Vancouver, Jersey and Vegas ... Philly might go in there too.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 9:52 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Even Detroit has a TINY chance at making the playoffs ... but the teams who i could pretty much say 'won't' make it are Colorado, Vancouver, Jersey and Vegas ... Philly might go in there too.

Detroits not going anywhere with that defense
Jul. 26, 2017 at 9:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17

well they actually have a pretty deep defence ... the problem is they don't have a #1 guy ... And i don't think they'll make it, i put them at a very low chance, but i don't think i'd call them a 'team that WILL NOT make the playoffs'.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 9:57 p.m.

well they actually have a pretty deep defence ... the problem is they don't have a #1 guy ... And i don't think they'll make it, i put them at a very low chance, but i don't think i'd call them a 'team that WILL NOT make the playoffs'.

yeah id put detroit as a team that has zero chance
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:02 p.m.

How the hell did Philadelphia go from 17th in the NHL to 26-31 in the NHL? If anything, they are getting better not worse. Where do you get off RAIF?
nobody liked this.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:02 p.m.
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

We're talking about a team thats at the bottom of the pile thaf spends to the cap. Not to mention the albatross contracts handed to Ericsson, DeKeyser and Abdekater. Teams going no where with that.
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

We're talking about a team thats at the bottom of the pile thaf spends to the cap. Not to mention the albatross contracts handed to Ericsson, DeKeyser and Abdekater. Teams going no where with that.

i don't actually see a huge problem with the Dekeyser contract ... he is a good, top 4 D.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni

How the hell did Philadelphia go from 17th in the NHL to 26-31 in the NHL? If anything, they are getting better not worse. Where do you get off RAIF?

they were 19th ... and that division is so good ... look, they traded Schenn, lost Mason, and now they need help in all 3 positions.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:07 p.m.

they were 19th ... and that division is so good ... look, they traded Schenn, lost Mason, and now they need help in all 3 positions.

They lost Schenn but got Patrick and Lehtera. Konecny is only getting better. Stolarz and Hart will continue to improve.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:07 p.m.
As a Canucks fan, I am pleased to report that we will do even worse than Colorado. Woo hoo, Dahlin we come for you!
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:08 p.m.

So what I just heard was they traded a 5v5 liability, lost a goalie that is good, but Elliot replaces him, and have top prospects coming up.

how do they get worse?
nobody, LicMysak, Duster and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:08 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7
As a Canucks fan, I am pleased to report that we will do even worse than Colorado. Woo hoo, Dahlin we come for you!

If we play Girardi with Sustr, we're going for him
Rangsey liked this.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:10 p.m.

i don't actually see a huge problem with the Dekeyser contract ... he is a good, top 4 D.

McDougles, Larsson, Muzzin, Stralman, Klingberg and Brodin are all getting paid less. Definitely no problem
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:11 p.m.

I will just respond with "okay"
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:33 p.m.

So what I just heard was they traded a 5v5 liability, lost a goalie that is good, but Elliot replaces him, and have top prospects coming up.

how do they get worse?

Which Flyers prospects, other than Patrick, are actually making the roster this year?
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:36 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

how do they get worse?

Well considering you guys can't score anywhere except the PP, losing 17 PP goals is a big loss
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:37 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz

how do they get worse?

Well considering you guys can't score anywhere except the PP, losing 17 PP goals is a big loss

Ever hear of Oskar Lindblom?
nobody liked this.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:37 p.m.
Quoting: tadhockey

how do they get worse?

Which Flyers prospects, other than Patrick, are actually making the roster this year?

Sam Morin, Robert Hagg, Oskar Lindblom are making the team (unless they get so screwed up in camp) Dark Horse is Phil Myers
Pasta88Sauce and nobody liked this.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:45 p.m.

Sam Morin, Robert Hagg, Oskar Lindblom are making the team (unless they get so screwed up in camp) Dark Horse is Phil Myers

Okay, so then, correct me in the places I'm wrong, but here is the Flyers' approximate lineup
Konecny - Giroux - Voracek
Filppula - Patrick - Simmonds
Lindblom - Couturier - Read
Weal - Vecchione - Weise
Lehtera - Raffl

Provorov - Gudas
Morin - Gostisbehere
Hagg - MacDonald
Manning

Elliott
Neuvirth
Jul. 26, 2017 at 10:49 p.m.
Weal - Giroux - Voracek
TK - Couturier - Simmonds
Lindblom - Patrick - Filppula
Laughton - Lethera - Weise/Read/Raffl

Provorov - MacDonald
Hagg - Gudas
Gostisbehere - Morin

Elliot - Neuvirth

Okay, so then, correct me in the places I'm wrong, but here is the Flyers' approximate lineup
Weal - Vecchione - Weise
Lehtera - Raffl

Provorov - Gudas
Morin - Gostisbehere
Hagg - MacDonald
Manning

Elliott
Neuvirth

Not a Philly fan, but there's no way Filpulla would be playing on that second line...Weal will be higher in the lineup...Read and Weise trash lol they gotta have a young guy to play there instead

Weal - Vecchione - Weise
Lehtera - Raffl

Provorov - Gudas
Morin - Gostisbehere
Hagg - MacDonald
Manning

Elliott
Neuvirth

Not a Philly fan, but there's no way Filpulla would be playing on that second line...Weal will be higher in the lineup...Read and Weise trash lol they gotta have a young guy to play there instead
Jul. 26, 2017 at 11:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

McDougles, Larsson, Muzzin, Stralman, Klingberg and Brodin are all getting paid less. Definitely no problem

and those guys on on good contracts.
Jul. 26, 2017 at 11:04 p.m.

and those guys on on good contracts.

yeah and Dekeyser isnt

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll