SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Changing the listing of players positions

Mar. 12, 2022 at 10:07 p.m.
More Finns More Wins
Jordan Martinook has not ever played centre for the Hurricanes (afaik), but is still listed as C/LW/RW.
He primarily plays RW now.
Jarvis liked this.
Mar. 19, 2022 at 11:53 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Rem Pitlick (MTL): LW -> LW/C
Been playing quite a bit of centre for MTL (never really stopped playing C honestly) so not entirely sure why C was completely removed from his profile

Nick Suzuki (MTL): C/RW -> C
As far as I know, he hasn't played any RW this season

Brett Kulak & Alexander Romanov (MTL): LD -> LD/RD
Both have been playing the right side for a decent amount of time this season

One could even go as far as saying that Cole Caufield should go from RW/LW to LW/RW due to his success and how much he's been playing at LW, but he's definitely been playing RW for the most part of the season
Jarvis liked this.
Mar. 30, 2022 at 8:29 a.m.
Sasha Pastujov: RW/LW -> LW/RW

He always plays LW with the Storm
Jarvis liked this.
Apr. 12, 2022 at 8:42 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Andrew Copp (NYR): LW/C -> LW/RW/C
Been playing quite a decent bit of RW with the Rangers, maybe time to add that to his page

Alex Ovechkin (WSH): LW/RW -> LW
Has he played RW at all in recent memory? I legitimately don't know but I don't think so

Rem Pitlick (MTL): LW/C -> LW/C/RW
It's getting confusing which positions he plays first, but he plays all three positions (I know that much), so at this point I'm not sure order matters but he plays all three forward positions for MTL

Jesse Ylonen (MTL): RW -> RW/LW
Played a decent amount of LW in his stint in the majors
Jarvis liked this.
Apr. 12, 2022 at 10:58 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: Zuki9797
Andrew Copp (NYR): LW/C -> LW/RW/C
Been playing quite a decent bit of RW with the Rangers, maybe time to add that to his page

Alex Ovechkin (WSH): LW/RW -> LW
Has he played RW at all in recent memory? I legitimately don't know but I don't think so

Rem Pitlick (MTL): LW/C -> LW/C/RW
It's getting confusing which positions he plays first, but he plays all three positions (I know that much), so at this point I'm not sure order matters but he plays all three forward positions for MTL

Jesse Ylonen (MTL): RW -> RW/LW
Played a decent amount of LW in his stint in the majors

thanks!
zk97 liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 8:40 p.m.
Spelling change.

Nikita Okhotyuk Should be spelled O-K-H-O-T-I-U-K (with an "I" instead of "Y")

He has changed the spelling since juniors. Here is the Devils' NHL.com reporter on the spelling change.

Showing the correct spelling on ...
NHL/Devils website
AHL website
Utica Comets website
NJD twitter account
Getty image of the back of his NHL jersey
Apr. 27, 2022 at 10:45 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Spelling change.

Nikita Okhotyuk Should be spelled O-K-H-O-T-I-U-K (with an "I" instead of "Y")

He has changed the spelling since juniors. Here is the Devils' NHL.com reporter on the spelling change.

Showing the correct spelling on ...
NHL/Devils website
AHL website
Utica Comets website
NJD twitter account
Getty image of the back of his NHL jersey

Thanks, the spelling has been updated.
Apr. 28, 2022 at 5:25 p.m.
Rasmus Dahlin is a LD/RD. Has been playing RD with Samuelsson recently.
Jarvis liked this.
Apr. 29, 2022 at 5:32 a.m.
Joakim Kemell C/LW/RW -> RW

He doesn't play C or LW.
Apr. 29, 2022 at 4:38 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Cole Caufield: RW/LW -> LW/RW
He's been mainly on the LW, and it looks like they're gonna keep him there (they even put Mike Hoffman, who's LW/RW, at RW)
Jarvis liked this.
Apr. 29, 2022 at 6:52 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: TZ11
Joakim Kemell C/LW/RW -> RW

He doesn't play C or LW.

Thanks updated
Apr. 29, 2022 at 6:55 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: Zuki9797
Cole Caufield: RW/LW -> LW/RW
He's been mainly on the LW, and it looks like they're gonna keep him there (they even put Mike Hoffman, who's LW/RW, at RW)

Thanks his position has been updated smile
zk97 liked this.
Apr. 30, 2022 at 12:54 a.m.
Rutta 4ever
Looks like this thread is mostly for NHL roster players, but here's a few observations for the Lightning's prospects/AHLers after watching the Crunch this season (trying not to be too picky):

Simon Ryfors: C/LW -> C/LW/RW
He's played everywhere all season. I'd lean towards saying he's played the most, and has looked best, at RW though if that makes a difference.

Gage Goncalves: C -> LW
Goncalves has been listed as a LW in the Crunch lineup 80ish% of the season. He's been at RW when not on LW, but that was mostly for odd games in the beginning of the season when he was still finding his spot in the lineup. I don't recall him ever being listed as a center this season. He's taken faceoffs, but usually only whenever the actual center was tossed. Maybe LW/C, but it doesn't seem like they view him as a center in the future.

Charles Hudon: LW/RW -> C/LW/RW
Hudon was a true LW/RW at the start of the season but has been playing center (successfully) for pretty much all of 2022.

Alex Barre-Boulet: LW/RW -> RW/LW
This might be getting a bit picky, but his main position is still RW. I think Seattle had him at LW to begin the season, but he's always listed as a RW for the Crunch.

Cole Koepke: LW -> LW/RW
Whenever the LW spot has been crowded, it's usually been Koepke that's been moved over to RW.

Daniel Walcott: LW/LD -> LW
In the two seasons I've been actively following the Crunch I have never seen him listed on defense. He's fully made the transition to forward - usually playing wherever needed on the wing in the bottom-six.
Apr. 30, 2022 at 10:29 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Looks like this thread is mostly for NHL roster players, but here's a few observations for the Lightning's prospects/AHLers after watching the Crunch this season (trying not to be too picky):

Simon Ryfors: C/LW -> C/LW/RW
He's played everywhere all season. I'd lean towards saying he's played the most, and has looked best, at RW though if that makes a difference.

Gage Goncalves: C -> LW
Goncalves has been listed as a LW in the Crunch lineup 80ish% of the season. He's been at RW when not on LW, but that was mostly for odd games in the beginning of the season when he was still finding his spot in the lineup. I don't recall him ever being listed as a center this season. He's taken faceoffs, but usually only whenever the actual center was tossed. Maybe LW/C, but it doesn't seem like they view him as a center in the future.

Charles Hudon: LW/RW -> C/LW/RW
Hudon was a true LW/RW at the start of the season but has been playing center (successfully) for pretty much all of 2022.

Alex Barre-Boulet: LW/RW -> RW/LW
This might be getting a bit picky, but his main position is still RW. I think Seattle had him at LW to begin the season, but he's always listed as a RW for the Crunch.

Cole Koepke: LW -> LW/RW
Whenever the LW spot has been crowded, it's usually been Koepke that's been moved over to RW.

Daniel Walcott: LW/LD -> LW
In the two seasons I've been actively following the Crunch I have never seen him listed on defense. He's fully made the transition to forward - usually playing wherever needed on the wing in the bottom-six.

Much appreciated, they positions have been updated.
CoopsTroops liked this.
May 1, 2022 at 8:47 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Kevin Fiala has played mostly on RW since Matthew Boldy debuted, same for Matthew Tkachuk on Calgary's 1st line.

Steven Stamkos seems to be deployed primarily on center recently.
zk97 and Jarvis liked this.
May 2, 2022 at 2:37 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Just some Devil positions that I noticed should be changed
Jesper Bratt: LW, RW -> RW, LW
Yegor Sharangovich: LW, C-> LW, RW, C
Ryan Graves: LD/RD -> LD (he's rarely played RD, maybe for 5 games max when injures occurs)
Mason Geertsen: LD, LW -> LW, LD (doesn't really mater because he's bad at both)
May 2, 2022 at 6:26 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: Devil
Just some Devil positions that I noticed should be changed
Jesper Bratt: LW, RW -> RW, LW
Yegor Sharangovich: LW, C-> LW, RW, C
Ryan Graves: LD/RD -> LD (he's rarely played RD, maybe for 5 games max when injures occurs)
Mason Geertsen: LD, LW -> LW, LD (doesn't really mater because he's bad at both)

Thanks!
Devil liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 7:20 p.m.
Couple of draft eligible changes, Matt Savoie should be listed as a C, could see the argument for C,RW. Brad Lambert is a C,RW. Slafkovsky is a LW. Rutger McGroarty is a C,LW. Jimmy Snuggerud is a RW,C. Cutter Gauthier is a LW,C.
May 7, 2022 at 9:29 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Couple of draft eligible changes, Matt Savoie should be listed as a C, could see the argument for C,RW. Brad Lambert is a C,RW. Slafkovsky is a LW. Rutger McGroarty is a C,LW. Jimmy Snuggerud is a RW,C. Cutter Gauthier is a LW,C.

Thanks, updated!
May 17, 2022 at 11:36 a.m.
Shakir Mukhamadullin LD -> RD

played almost exclusively RD while in KHL the last two years.
But now he has a couple of North American pro games under his belt.

May 14
May 15

And both games were at RD.

Here is some shift-by-shift video from last year too

Also, Luke Hughes should be LD/RD

He has played mostly RD the last couple of years. This year's most common partner was Jacob Truscott (see lineup here) and last year at NTDP he was at RD1 with Aidan Hreschuk (see lineup here).
May 17, 2022 at 6:32 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Shakir Mukhamadullin LD -> RD

played almost exclusively RD while in KHL the last two years.
But now he has a couple of North American pro games under his belt.

May 14
May 15

And both games were at RD.

Here is some shift-by-shift video from last year too

Also, Luke Hughes should be LD/RD

He has played mostly RD the last couple of years. This year's most common partner was Jacob Truscott (see lineup here) and last year at NTDP he was at RD1 with Aidan Hreschuk (see lineup here).

Thank you I have updated their positions! Appreciate that you included references.
Jun. 14, 2022 at 7:31 p.m.
Rutger McGroarty's position was changed to RW. As far as I know he hasn't played RW at all the past 2 seasons. He's a LW/C.
Jarvis liked this.
Jun. 22, 2022 at 7:30 a.m.
retired
compher has played enough center over the season and playoffs that it should be added.
landeskog doesn't really play center and should just be listed a lw.
UpsideDownQue and Jarvis liked this.
Jul. 16, 2022 at 12:51 a.m.
Amirov Forever
Rasmus Sandin has played no more than 3 games as an RD, and he was sort of put there as a short experiment. He should really only be listed as an LD.

Kampf is exclusively a C, he did not play a single game as a winger for Toronto this season

Engvall is really less of a C and more of a LW / RW. He only took 69 faceoffs this season per Fox Sports
Jul. 16, 2022 at 1:13 a.m.
Some Avalanche fixes:

Nichushkin, Valeri s/b RW, LW as he primarily plays RW next to MacKinnon-Landeskog.
Newhook, Alex s/b LW, C as he played LW but is a natural center and should transition to C, LW over the next season

If face-offs are the criteria for being listed at Center then Landeskog should have it added since he takes (and wins) and great many.

MacDonald, Jacob should be LD, RD, and LW as he has many games at forward over the past few years.
https://coloradohockeynow.com/2021/10/29/frei-pressed-into-duty-at-forward-jacob-macdonald-didnt-look-out-of-place/
https://www.milehighhockey.com/2020/3/19/21186923/a-defenseman-turned-forward-jacob-macdonald-on-pace-for-career-year-with-colorado-eagles
https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/jacob-macdonald-to-suit-up-at-forward-tonight-for-avalanche/954724

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll