SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

What to do with Galchenyuk?

Jul. 31, 2017 at 5:56 p.m.
Habs
Julien and Bergevin say they both see Galchenyuk as a winger. If this is true, they have stacked wingers, absolutely nothing at centre, and probably no room for Hudon.

Pacioretty-Danault-Drouin
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Byron-McCarron-Lehkonen
Shaw-Mitchell-Hemsky

Discuss!!
Aug. 1, 2017 at 1:35 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
They might still trade Galchenyuk.
Aug. 1, 2017 at 6:18 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
They need to make Galchenyuk their #1 center. I think he's the best fit there. I don't watch a ton of Habs games, but I know that he scored 30 as a center in 2015-16, and had a down year last year as a winger. Given how many wingers Montreal has, it makes no sense to leave Galchenyuk at the wing. If he isn't their top pivot, the Habs are in serious trouble with Plekanec in their top 6 next season
Aug. 2, 2017 at 9:12 a.m.
Habs
Quoting: krakowitz
They need to make Galchenyuk their #1 center. I think he's the best fit there. I don't watch a ton of Habs games, but I know that he scored 30 as a center in 2015-16, and had a down year last year as a winger. Given how many wingers Montreal has, it makes no sense to leave Galchenyuk at the wing. If he isn't their top pivot, the Habs are in serious trouble with Plekanec in their top 6 next season

I agree with you completely and I watch every Habs game. Other teams could learn from the mistakes Montreal has made developing Galchenyuk. For example, New Jersey, if they want Hischier to be a #1 centre down the line, they should start teaching him how to play centre in the NHL right now. Same with Patrick, Dubois.
Aug. 31, 2017 at 3:05 p.m.
a11111
No way McCarron pivot a third line . He could start by making the cut to start and see if he can reach the 2 goals bar and go from there . Put Shaw in front of him on anyday that skating is still relevant . Those 2 winger combine for 40 goals last year and you want them to be feed by ... Big Mac ?

Galchenyuk will have to find his own way . Playing with a lot of scrubber and tunnel vision friends . I just hope they put Plek far away from the poor kid . Galchy-Danault-Lekhonen as a second line ?
Sep. 1, 2017 at 11:24 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: a1111
No way McCarron pivot a third line . He could start by making the cut to start and see if he can reach the 2 goals bar and go from there . Put Shaw in front of him on anyday that skating is still relevant . Those 2 winger combine for 40 goals last year and you want them to be feed by ... Big Mac ?

Galchenyuk will have to find his own way . Playing with a lot of scrubber and tunnel vision friends . I just hope they put Plek far away from the poor kid . Galchy-Danault-Lekhonen as a second line ?

So who centers the first line? Drouin isn't a center, he'll flounder and the trade will look even worse for Montreal. It has to be Galchenyuk. He's clearly their best option at that spot
Sep. 3, 2017 at 1:15 p.m.
a11111
Claude Julien confirm few days ago that both galchy and drouin will earn a decent shot at first center . Not me .

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll