Poll Options

Aug. 2, 2017 at 3:29 p.m.
NBABound
The Debate

Who Wins:
What Round and How:
Why:

-----------------------------------------------------

We've talked about it on the GM twitter, but I want to bring it here. I believe that Conor will win and will tell you why. During the press conferences, you can tell that Conor was confident in his statements when he said he will KO Floyd in 4 rounds. When talking about him even backstage he did not back down from saying what he will do and what will happen. Whereas Floyd's main priority was to promote the fight even going as far as to say that Conor's reach is what can hurt him. He talks about how Conor has a chance because (insert Floyd's excuses). But Conor, on the other hand, is very brash and detailed about what will go down during the fight. He already knows what's gonna happen. Floyd has already lost it by stating that Conor has a chance. It's a 50/50 for Floyd. And it's a 100/0 for Conor. Now, with that said, Conor will obviously have a rough time fighting against the greatest defensive boxer of all time. But at the same time, Conor is literally the definition of Ali's catchphrase "Float Like A Butterfly, Sting Like A Bee".

I see Floyd getting KO'ed in the mid rounds in an awkward type way by a left uppercut.

Type Away!
nobody and awatt liked this.
Aug. 2, 2017 at 4:25 p.m.
I think CMG will win, for the reasoning mumbo jumbo Senior Capo wrote above
Mr_cap liked this.
Aug. 2, 2017 at 4:51 p.m.
Below Market Value
Who Wins: Mayweather.
What Round and How: KO in Round 4.
Why: Poetic justice against McGregor's predictions.

In all seriousness, McGregor's confidence shouldn't be a reason he wins. Even if he has everything planned out, what happens if Mayweather does something that McGregor doesn't expect? There go his brash and bold predictions. If your statements are true, Mayweather sounds more humble (is the sky falling?) and more prepared. He seems ready for whatever McGregor has, even describing McGregor's strengths, which can be used to his advantage. Also, as the best defensive boxer of all time, that can also be used to Mayweather's advantage. He was very defensive during the fight against Pacquiao, and he got the win via decision. McGregor has spent his formidable career in the octagon, not in the ring. Whereas Mayweather has lived in the ring.

Advantage Mayweather.
Aug. 2, 2017 at 5:57 p.m.
My main concern with McGregor is that if he gets into a scenario in which he is exposed while boxing, I don't think that he has the appropriate boxing skills to offset what Mayweather can do to him. If this was MMA, McGregor could kick and react differently to offset the blunder, but when he is in the boxing ring, he will not have such opportunities.

I think that once McGregor gets exposed, Mayweather will be able to jump and KO him, since I don't trust McGregor to offset a mistake with boxing.

Building off of DocB (I doubt anyone gets the Rule 5 Draft Pick reference - also, Verlander has been placed on Trade Waivers), McGregor has lived in the octagon, compared to Mayweather who lives in the ring, which gives the advantage to Mayweather.
Aug. 2, 2017 at 6:32 p.m.
NBABound
Of course, the best argument is that Mayweather is undefeated in the boxing ring for a reason. But sometimes the best argument doesn't always win. Conor's IQ is very different from Floyd's. He sees things from all perspectives because of the nature of his game. Floyd though does have an advantage in the boxing 'technique' department as he has been doing it for years whereas Conor has had to focus on all areas of his body for the MMA. But I believe the mental side is what wins and loses matches/games. Along with preparation = ability/confidence.
Aug. 2, 2017 at 6:34 p.m.
But the biggest red flag is what if McGregor gets caught off guard? His only recovery can be though punching, unlike in MMA, where he has the opportunity to utilize his entire body.

I feel that if McGregor gets exposed, which it is very plausible that it happens, Mayweather KOs him.
Aug. 2, 2017 at 6:46 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: phillyjabroni
But the biggest red flag is what if McGregor gets caught off guard? His only recovery can be though punching, unlike in MMA, where he has the opportunity to utilize his entire body.

I feel that if McGregor gets exposed, which it is very plausible that it happens, Mayweather KOs him.

Very true. But the most underrated part of his game IMO is his IQ (maybe because of his cockiness it gets overlooked). He is smart enough to understand where to target Mayweather and how not to get trapped in Floyd's game.

Mcgregor won't outsmart him, but he will counter him with a uppercut/hook. To me, he is the Bruce Lee of our generation.
Aug. 2, 2017 at 7:29 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_cap

Very true. But the most underrated part of his game IMO is his IQ (maybe because of his cockiness it gets overlooked). He is smart enough to understand where to target Mayweather and how not to get trapped in Floyd's game.

Mcgregor won't outsmart him, but he will counter him with a uppercut/hook. To me, he is the Bruce Lee of our generation.

I also think he has a high IQ, but I think that Floyd still has the upper hand because he can dissect anyone in the ring. I'm sure it will be worth the price of admission to the local theaters ,but good ole Reddit will have it too for free
Aug. 2, 2017 at 9:10 p.m.
NBABound

I also think he has a high IQ, but I think that Floyd still has the upper hand because he can dissect anyone in the ring. I'm sure it will be worth the price of admission to the local theaters ,but good ole Reddit will have it too for free

True, but if Conor lands a heavy punch on him, it will rattle Floyd's head. This fight will be all about controlling the chessboard.

Haha yea but they only made the theaters available to people in the US. I'm in Canada.
Aug. 2, 2017 at 9:23 p.m.

True, but if Conor lands a heavy punch on him, it will rattle Floyd's head. This fight will be all about controlling the chessboard.

Haha yea but they only made the theaters available to people in the US. I'm in Canada.

do y'all Canadians have pay-per-view?

But is the probability higher that McGregor lands a outstanding punch on Mayweather higher or lower than the probability that McGregor falters and Mayweather KOs him, since he has done it before.
Aug. 2, 2017 at 9:59 p.m.
NBABound

do y'all Canadians have pay-per-view?

But is the probability higher that McGregor lands a outstanding punch on Mayweather higher or lower than the probability that McGregor falters and Mayweather KOs him, since he has done it before.

lol yea we do. Toronto is the Land Of Make Believe.

But when was the last time he has KO'd someone? 2008, I think. Mcgregor has the reach that can connect and has an unorthodox stance. He also looks to be changing the way he fights for this one which will throw Mayweather off completely. Floyd's hand has most probably taken a lot of beating and damage for him to KO someone. Especially with an all-around fighter like Conor.
Aug. 27, 2017 at 1:07 a.m.
Well...Floyd is the GOAT
Aug. 27, 2017 at 12:20 p.m.
NBABound
Connor fatigued and Floyd was composed.
Aug. 27, 2017 at 5:38 p.m.
Now have them fight with MMA rules.
Aug. 27, 2017 at 6:23 p.m.
Quoting: boltscharge17
Now have them fight with MMA rules.

Floyd would die.
Aug. 28, 2017 at 7:16 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Sure looked like McGregor was just used to going 15minutes at most. And most of his fights were lot shorter. Mr.Cap: Didn't you go to a bar at see the fight?
Aug. 28, 2017 at 9:08 a.m.
NBABound
Quoting: palhal
Sure looked like McGregor was just used to going 15minutes at most. And most of his fights were lot shorter. Mr.Cap: Didn't you go to a bar at see the fight?

No I didnt .. why you ask lol?
Aug. 28, 2017 at 11:27 a.m.

He's 9. He would get his ass booted out laugh
nobody liked this.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 6:49 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

It sounded like you Canadians couldn't get the fight. I'm visiting rural Canada but went into a bar on Saturday to watch.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 9:53 a.m.
NBABound

It sounded like you Canadians couldn't get the fight. I'm visiting rural Canada but went into a bar on Saturday to watch.

Dont you live up in northern ontario? And no I just streamed the fight haha
Aug. 29, 2017 at 2:57 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Mr Cap: Very good, I didn't know you could stream it. I wasn't at home for the fight. I was about 3 hours north, near North Bay, fishing for a few days.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 7:11 p.m.
NBABound
Mr Cap: Very good, I didn't know you could stream it. I wasn't at home for the fight. I was about 3 hours north, near North Bay, fishing for a few days.

Ohh truee. Yeah on reddit and facebook and what not.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 7:46 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

You young people are so tech savvy.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 8:48 p.m.
NBABound

You young people are so tech savvy.

I honestly have no idea what im doing half the time aha
Pasta88Sauce liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit