SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

DId Toronto Succeed in Free Agency?

How did Toronto do?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 6, 2017 at 9:45 p.m.
get ur corsi up
McEllhinney: okay backup, could have been worse.
Hyman: good price, and long term, overall well done.
Brown: yet to happen.
Marleau: he brings a lot to the team, but with a heavy price tag.
Hainsey: good depth, a veteran, however I feel as though he may be two years of keeping Dermott out of the lineup.
Moore: good center, good veteran, only 1 year.
Aug. 6, 2017 at 11:41 p.m.
I give above average grades. for McEllhinney and Moore. Above average for Hyman though what choice did he Hyman have?
Hainsey, slightly above average. Think he will the Leafs scheme well. Daryl, I don't understand this keeping Dermot out of the lineup. Hainsey can/is playing the right side. Dermott just has to beat out Marincin for playing time.
I've mellowed a bit with the Marleau signing, but i still think it was wasteful. Big cap hit for really a guy who looks who on the the decline at age 38. Don't like the cap hit at all, for the Leafs, money could have spent better elsewhere. Seems like the Leafs overpaid just to convince a guy to play for the Leafs when truly he didn't want to leave San Jose. I don't think he brings that much at all.
Aug. 7, 2017 at 11:03 a.m.
Leafs Fan
I think Leafs were trying for Condon and lost out, trying for a Hamonic deal and lost out, and signed Marleau for one year too many. I can live with the overpay for 2 years.
I think Hainsey will be a good fit on the 2nd pair until young guns develop, so that was good.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit