SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Minnesota GM Discussion thread: Kayla and her assman

Aug. 7, 2017 at 8:20 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
Edited Aug. 23, 2017 at 10:44 a.m.
This is a place for Jack_Eichel and I to discuss stuff.
Aug. 7, 2017 at 11:15 a.m.
I can see you
Aug. 7, 2017 at 1:28 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Quoting: boltscharge17
I can see you

?
Aug. 23, 2017 at 10:44 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
Well I have an assistant once again. Jack, if you don't have a Twitter, we can talk here.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 10:58 a.m.
Quoting: Icegirl

PlNHL offers nash 50% + pick for spergon. I don't think this is bad. Picks I would say a 2nd and a 5th
Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:01 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
Quoting: Jack_Eichel

PlNHL offers nash 50% + pick for spergon. I don't think this is bad. Picks I would say a 2nd and a 5th

I think that's a terrible offer. Nash has only one year left, so he'd be a 2LW rental at best. It also leaves me with a gaping hole on the right side; I do not trust Stecher as a 1RD or Stone as a 2RD.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:12 a.m.
For a little bit its going to sound like I know nothing about hockey but trust me I do. I just found this thread and currently learning the rules. What team does PlNHL have we could counter something like this

Nash 50% + RHD + high pick for spergon + pouilot + low pick
Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:17 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
For a little bit its going to sound like I know nothing about hockey but trust me I do. I just found this thread and currently learning the rules. What team does PlNHL have we could counter something like this

I like that counteroffer much better. I've been told that you're pretty smart, so I'm putting my faith in you. I hated the first offer but this one looks way better.

There are some problems, though. Firstly, although Seabrook is an adequate Spurgeon replacement, I despise his contract, and he's inevitably gonna start slowing down in the next few years. Secondly, PL cannot retain on Nash b/c he's already used up his three retained slots.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:27 a.m.

I like that counteroffer much better. I've been told that you're pretty smart, so I'm putting my faith in you. I hated the first offer but this one looks way better.

There are some problems, though. Firstly, although Seabrook is an adequate Spurgeon replacement, I despise his contract, and he's inevitably gonna start slowing down in the next few years. Secondly, PL cannot retain on Nash b/c he's already used up his three retained slots.

If there is no retained salary on nash I don't think we can do that deal. That's too much cap for him and we have no cap space. I agree on seabrook no way we should ever bring him in unless its him and 2 1st for 3rd or something similar
PrincessChloe liked this.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:33 a.m.
Not yet trannycided

If there is no retained salary on nash I don't think we can do that deal. That's too much cap for him and we have no cap space. I agree on seabrook no way we should ever bring him in unless its him and 2 1st for 3rd or something similar

We'll get more cap space when I ship off Brodin. I made the mistake of thinking I had more cap space than I actually did; that's how Pouliot ended up here (I gave Eriksson up for Pouliot, and I got a 5th too... mwahaha). I even had Matt Moulson before Toronto willingly took him. I also replaced the completely useless Erik Condra with a guy who'll actually play this year in Dale Weise; good for my 4th line but bad for my cap space.

Start shopping Brodin around for a cheap 3LD and either a fringe 2LW or a 1st rounder.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:36 a.m.
Don't mean to barge in... But Nash is at 3.9M previously retained by another team
Max liked this.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:38 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
Quoting: jmac490
Don't mean to barge in... But Nash is at 3.9M previously retained by another team

So is PL saying that he's gonna give Nash to us at that price, or is he proposing that he's gonna retain another 50% (which he cannot do)?
Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:19 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Also Jack, check out the trades thread. Do you think I made a good deal? I think so.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:23 p.m.
Also Jack, check out the trades thread. Do you think I made a good deal? I think so.

I really like the Rask deal. I think brodin is just as good as doumlion (or very close) so it was Rask for bucher and luongo. We have a legit starter now I would not trade Rask. Move reimer for a cheap backup and a pick or we could keep stalock as the backup. What I don't understand is how Pitt got zibinjad and krider. I wouldn't have traded galchenuk for oplica..
Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:32 p.m.
Not yet trannycided

I really like the Rask deal. I think brodin is just as good as doumlion (or very close) so it was Rask for bucher and luongo. We have a legit starter now I would not trade Rask. Move reimer for a cheap backup and a pick or we could keep stalock as the backup. What I don't understand is how Pitt got zibinjad and krider. I wouldn't have traded galchenuk for oplica..

I traded Galchenyuk for Zbad, and then I traded Zbad for Danault. I trust Danault as my 2C, and I got rid of Martin's contract in the process. But yeah, that Kreider trade was a terrible one; I still want to undo it. At least I used Spooner to get Kuznetsov, whom I then used to get Johansen!
Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:48 p.m.
I think we can settle our D core like this

doumlion spergion
kulikov stone
Bereglazov Stecher
quincy

i think morasey can be traded for the 2nd LW then trade pouliot for the pick. After that I think our d core will be set. I would rather trade kulikov over morasey but i guess that cant be done. the d core i preposed i belive can be a winner. then we can focus on bolstering our F core. maybe morasey for sheary?
Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:58 p.m.
Not yet trannycided

doumlion spergion
kulikov stone
Bereglazov Stecher
quincy

i think morasey can be traded for the 2nd LW then trade pouliot for the pick. After that I think our d core will be set. I would rather trade kulikov over morasey but i guess that cant be done. the d core i preposed i belive can be a winner. then we can focus on bolstering our F core. maybe morasey for sheary?

That D core works, but Morrissey is someone I want to build it around. I can lock him up long-term; Dumo was only signed for three years in this game. I also like Stecher more than Stone; I'd run the D core as:

Morrissey-Spurgeon
Dumoulin-Stecher
Kulikov-Stone
Bereglazov-Quincey

Then I trade Dumo for a cheaper 3LD and get an upgrade somewhere else, and then I move Kulikov to the 2nd pairing. We have options though. Go post on peoples' threads if you have an idea of what to do.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 1:06 p.m.

doumlion spergion
kulikov stone
Bereglazov Stecher
quincy

That D core works, but Morrissey is someone I want to build it around. I can lock him up long-term; Dumo was only signed for three years in this game. I also like Stecher more than Stone; I'd run the D core as:

Morrissey-Spurgeon
Dumoulin-Stecher
Kulikov-Stone
Bereglazov-Quincey

Then I trade Dumo for a cheaper 3LD and get an upgrade somewhere else, and then I move Kulikov to the 2nd pairing. We have options though. Go post on peoples' threads if you have an idea of what to do.

So u have dumo being the odd man out. 100% works for me
Aug. 23, 2017 at 1:07 p.m.
Not yet trannycided

Morrissey-Spurgeon
Dumoulin-Stecher
Kulikov-Stone
Bereglazov-Quincey

So u have dumo being the odd man out. 100% works for me

He's not really the odd man out; I'd love to keep him. Alas, I think it would be better to get a cheaper 3LD and pile on more assets.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:57 p.m.
Hammond 3rd mcauther and trouba for reimer spergon doumlion and pouliot?

Break down: pouliot for mcauther. Spergon doumin for trouba. Reimer for Hammond and a 3rd
PrincessChloe liked this.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 4:23 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Hammond 3rd mcauther and trouba for reimer spergon doumlion and pouliot?

Break down: pouliot for mcauther. Spergon doumin for trouba. Reimer for Hammond and a 3rd

Replace Hammond with Freddie Claesson and this is the perfect trade for us. I hope JT Miller comes back...
Aug. 23, 2017 at 6:03 p.m.
I like the aberg trade. I think we need a 4th line LW and C. We trade pouliot and reimer for those 4th liners and a backup G then move foligno up to the 3rd line. After that id say our team is set
Aug. 23, 2017 at 6:05 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
I like the aberg trade. I think we need a 4th line LW and C. We trade pouliot and reimer for those 4th liners and a backup G then move foligno up to the 3rd line. After that id say our team is set

You like it? NYR wasn't too high on Dumoulin, so I think I lost the trade a little. But I love Kulak and I got the fringe 2nd line winger I needed.

I like the plan, especially b/c Reid Boucher is gone. I think McKenzie and Cracknell are fine as 4LW and 4C for this season, as that's what they will be playing in Dallas full time. But I'd love to get longer-term solutions; who should we go after?
Aug. 23, 2017 at 6:06 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
Also is the Ottawa offer something you actually received? Or is it just a thought?
Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:16 p.m.
Also is the Ottawa offer something you actually received? Or is it just a thought?

That was just a thought.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll