SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Minnesota GM Discussion thread: Kayla and her assman

Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:31 p.m.
Edited Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:44 p.m.
Quoting: Icegirl

You like it? NYR wasn't too high on Dumoulin, so I think I lost the trade a little. But I love Kulak and I got the fringe 2nd line winger I needed.

I like the plan, especially b/c Reid Boucher is gone. I think McKenzie and Cracknell are fine as 4LW and 4C for this season, as that's what they will be playing in Dallas full time. But I'd love to get longer-term solutions; who should we go after?

Well if we keep those two we can move pouliot and reimer. I would try to trade for someone like Tyler ennis. Doesn't have to be him but I think we need someone who can score and can play 2nd or 3rd line switching out with aberg. I found Alex killron from SJ if your interested...
Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:47 p.m.
May contain nuts
Quoting: Jack_Eichel

You like it? NYR wasn't too high on Dumoulin, so I think I lost the trade a little. But I love Kulak and I got the fringe 2nd line winger I needed.

I like the plan, especially b/c Reid Boucher is gone. I think McKenzie and Cracknell are fine as 4LW and 4C for this season, as that's what they will be playing in Dallas full time. But I'd love to get longer-term solutions; who should we go after?

Well if we keep those two we can move pouliot and reimer. I would try to trade for someone like Tyler ennis. Doesn't have to be him but I think we need someone who can score and can play 2nd or 3rd line switching out with aberg. I found Alex killron from SJ if your interested...

Haha. I traded Killorn to him for a 2nd like a week ago. I do miss him though...
Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:16 p.m.
May contain nuts
Get negotiating as I sleep.
Aug. 24, 2017 at 9:01 a.m.
Get negotiating as I sleep.

I like to sleep too
Aug. 24, 2017 at 9:17 a.m.
Edited Aug. 24, 2017 at 9:49 a.m.
I am looking into spergon for tatar from CBJ. Hayes for pouliot from WPG and Grabner for pouliot from NYI. These obviously arnt straight up trades but just a starting point. Also can you change the title so im not referred to as an ass-man
Aug. 24, 2017 at 9:52 a.m.
May contain nuts
I am looking into spergon for tatar from CBJ. Hayes for pouliot from WPG and Grabner for pouliot from NYI. These obviously arnt straight up trades but just a starting point. Also can you change the title so im not referred to as an ass-man

It means "assistant manager." It was just a joke w/my previous AGM.
Aug. 24, 2017 at 9:52 a.m.
May contain nuts
I also can't edit the title of this thread. I would if I could
Aug. 24, 2017 at 10:08 a.m.
Edited Aug. 24, 2017 at 5:48 p.m.
WPG trade = bust
CBJ trade = response- will get back
NYI trade = bust
Aug. 24, 2017 at 4:01 p.m.
May contain nuts
Offer time.

Minnesota Wild
Kyle Palmieri

New Jersey Devils
Phil Danault
Brett Kulak

Instead of value for need, I'm the one getting value. Is it worth giving up Kulak to upgrade my 2nd line, though? I think so b/c I'm gonna use Reimer to get either Freddie Claesson or Joel Edmundson (perhaps more too).
Aug. 24, 2017 at 5:46 p.m.
Offer time.

Minnesota Wild
Kyle Palmieri

New Jersey Devils
Phil Danault
Brett Kulak

Instead of value for need, I'm the one getting value. Is it worth giving up Kulak to upgrade my 2nd line, though? I think so b/c I'm gonna use Reimer to get either Freddie Claesson or Joel Edmundson (perhaps more too).

try to get a pick back but i like that trade. In this type of game i would want players and picks rather then non NHL ready prospects. If you can get claesson for reimer do it. again try to get a pick but the pick is not a deal breaker
PrincessChloe liked this.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 8:40 a.m.
May contain nuts
Offer time.

Minnesota Wild
Kyle Palmieri

New Jersey Devils
Phil Danault
Brett Kulak

try to get a pick back but i like that trade. In this type of game i would want players and picks rather then non NHL ready prospects. If you can get claesson for reimer do it. again try to get a pick but the pick is not a deal breaker

He says he's iffy about the trade, so I will not push him for a pick. Despite getting the best player, I actually think I lose this trade a little bit simply because he can lock up Danault for more than four years in 2018. He also wants an RHD; I told him that as long as he gives me Lindell back, he can have Stecher. Ask around and see if someone would take Lindell in exchange for an RHD; while Lindell can play the right side just fine, having a righty would be nice.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 10:06 a.m.
All of these are RHD for Lindell. Just a starting point not straight up

Dotchin from TBL
Carrick from VGK
petrovic from DAL
deangelo from WSH
Pysyk or TVR from NSH
Aug. 25, 2017 at 10:07 a.m.
May contain nuts
Thanks Jack. I'm still trying to do it without giving up Stecher, but if I can't do it, then this could work.

However, Nashville wants Reimer from me, so I could do Reimer for Pysyk and then ship Pysyk to NJ for Palmieri.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 2:59 p.m.
May contain nuts
That's what I'm gonna ultimately do, Jack. However, they're saying that they want a pick from my decimated stock.

Minnesota Wild
Kyle Palmieri

New Jersey Devils
Mark Pysyk
Pontus Aberg
2020 4th round pick (WSH)

Thoughts?
Aug. 25, 2017 at 4:17 p.m.
That's what I'm gonna ultimately do, Jack. However, they're saying that they want a pick from my decimated stock.

Minnesota Wild
Kyle Palmieri

New Jersey Devils
Mark Pysyk
Pontus Aberg

Thoughts?

im not a fan of giving up that pick. try to get a 7th back. but do this trade somehow. that upgrades our 2RW spot then i think our team is "set"
Aug. 25, 2017 at 6:09 p.m.
May contain nuts

Minnesota Wild
Kyle Palmieri

New Jersey Devils
Mark Pysyk
Pontus Aberg

Thoughts?

im not a fan of giving up that pick. try to get a 7th back. but do this trade somehow. that upgrades our 2RW spot then i think our team is "set"

I'm also not a fan of giving up that pick. But I need to sweeten the value somehow, and this is the best pick I can give them without them giving me something in return. (If I give them the 2018 4th or 2019 3rd, I want a middling pick back, which they don't want to do.)
Aug. 25, 2017 at 6:13 p.m.
May contain nuts
If all goes according to plan:

Teravainen-Johansen-Okposo
Perreault-Gagner-Palmieri
Foligno-Larsson-Karlsson
Pouliot-Cracknell-Weise
McKenzie-Stewart

Morrissey-Spurgeon
Kulikov-Stecher
Kulak-Stone
Quincey

So that's a solid defensive core, two good scoring lines, an awesome shutdown line, and a mess of a 4th line.
Aug. 26, 2017 at 9:50 a.m.
trade pouliot for a lesser LW and a pick. This move is to save cap and try to have a better 4th liner instead of shoving our scraps there and to get desperately needed draft picks
Aug. 26, 2017 at 1:36 p.m.
May contain nuts
Sorry, Jack. I screwed up part of the trade and owe him the 2020 6th as compensation. I made a foolish move that decimated my 2020 stock a long time ago, and now it's finally toast.

I do have a pending deal in place to get a 2020 4th for McKenzie; should I do it?
Aug. 26, 2017 at 4:35 p.m.
Sorry, Jack. I screwed up part of the trade and owe him the 2020 6th as compensation. I made a foolish move that decimated my 2020 stock a long time ago, and now it's finally toast.

I do have a pending deal in place to get a 2020 4th for McKenzie; should I do it?

yes do it. jmac490 is offering 2018 1st and 3rd and TVR for spergon. i believe it good value but TVR is a massive down grade from spergon. im not sure if TVR is an RFA but i know he does not have 4 years left
Aug. 26, 2017 at 4:40 p.m.
intresting trade that i propose: pouliot and a pick for beagle from chiago. this will give us cap relief and a more suitable 4th liner
Aug. 26, 2017 at 5:23 p.m.
May contain nuts

yes do it. jmac490 is offering 2018 1st and 3rd and TVR for spergon. i believe it good value but TVR is a massive down grade from spergon. im not sure if TVR is an RFA but i know he does not have 4 years left

I think it's terrible value b/c the drop off from Spurgeon to TVR is too significant.
Aug. 26, 2017 at 5:26 p.m.
May contain nuts
Also, I'll tell StL that it's a tentative deal; he needs to work out his cap situation before he says yes. Also, I like the idea of Pouliot for Beagle, but here's an even better base:

Minnesota Wild
Zach Hyman
Devante Smith-Pelly

Montreal Canadiens
Benoit Pouliot
Prospect
Aug. 26, 2017 at 6:39 p.m.
Also, I'll tell StL that it's a tentative deal; he needs to work out his cap situation before he says yes. Also, I like the idea of Pouliot for Beagle, but here's an even better base:

Minnesota Wild
Zach Hyman
Devante Smith-Pelly

Montreal Canadiens
Benoit Pouliot
Prospect

As long as we don't give a draft pick im happy with this trade
Aug. 26, 2017 at 6:43 p.m.
May contain nuts

Minnesota Wild
Zach Hyman
Devante Smith-Pelly

Montreal Canadiens
Benoit Pouliot
Prospect

As long as we don't give a draft pick im happy with this trade

I told him that I will absolutely not give up a pick. If it goes through, I have plans to recoup other picks.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll