Who is the best #91?

Who is the best
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:59 p.m.
4 superstars that wear the same number
Aug. 9, 2017 at 11:38 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
This is a really tough one to call...I see the case for all of those players, but I'd have to give the very slight edge to Tarasenko. He scored 40 goals playing with rotating linemates (not of which were particularly notable). Scoring is the hardest thing to do in the league today, and there aren't many that can do it the way Tarasenko can. Stamkos is an excellent player, but I have some difficulties putting him above the other players given that he just missed nearly an entire season. Had he played, it could be a completely different story. I know that Tavares plays with some not-so-great linemates, and that playing center requires more responsibility than the wing, but I like Tarasenko's offensive game more than JT's. I'm a huge fan of Seguin's game, but the fact that Tarasenko can play with anyone and be a dominant force is quite impressive, where as Seguin plays with Benn. I'm sure if you took Benn off of Seguin's line, he'd still do awesome. But based off what we know, I'd have to say that Tarasenko is the best of those four.

Really good discussion topic, hopefully we don't start talking about Dan Girardi's shot suppression or something smile
Aug. 9, 2017 at 11:46 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
This is a really tough one to call...I see the case for all of those players, but I'd have to give the very slight edge to Tarasenko. He scored 40 goals playing with rotating linemates (not of which were particularly notable). Scoring is the hardest thing to do in the league today, and there aren't many that can do it the way Tarasenko can. Stamkos is an excellent player, but I have some difficulties putting him above the other players given that he just missed nearly an entire season. Had he played, it could be a completely different story. I know that Tavares plays with some not-so-great linemates, and that playing center requires more responsibility than the wing, but I like Tarasenko's offensive game more than JT's. I'm a huge fan of Seguin's game, but the fact that Tarasenko can play with anyone and be a dominant force is quite impressive, where as Seguin plays with Benn. I'm sure if you took Benn off of Seguin's line, he'd still do awesome. But based off what we know, I'd have to say that Tarasenko is the best of those four.

Really good discussion topic, hopefully we don't start talking about Dan Girardi's shot suppression or something smile

I might start it smile

I kid i kid
Aug. 10, 2017 at 12:58 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Tavares.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 1:06 a.m.
The amazing thing about all these players is they're all great in slightly different ways. I'm not sure there's really a great way to really say which player is the best, but they're all amazing.

Tarasenko is the only one who is a winger, and has consistently score in the upper-30s in goals since his rookie year on about 13.5% shooting. His career has been shorter than the other three, so we don't have as much data to use; however, he also has been the weakest possession player of the three. That may be due to the choice of his center, but regardless, we've seen wingers be able to significantly drive play.

Stamkos is the player most similar to Tarasenko, but has reached even loftier heights, with multiple 50 goals seasons and a 60 goal season, while shooting a league-leading 17.1% career shooting percentage. He's had better teammates around him than most, but the numbers he has accrued don't happen by accident anymore. He is the best shooter in recent memory, and while the title of greatest goal scorer may go to Ovechkin, even he hasn't been able to match the career shooting Stamkos has. Hopefully injuries won't continue to steal us of Stamkos' talent.

Seguin profiles somewhere between Stamkos and Tavares, as a center who somewhat drives play, but is still more of a pure scorer. His work with Jamie Benn has been outstanding, but even while Benn has been injured Seguin has been a clear top-flight center. In a lot of ways, he's underappreciated: He's been over a point per game since coming to Dallas, even after the down season this past year. He continues to become a more effective distributor of the puck, and while his goal scoring ability isn't on the level of the previous two, he's still a lock for 25+ goals a year.

Tavares is the player that most tilts the ice in a team's favor: even with a rotating, relatively weak class of wingers, he still dominates the possession metrics, all while racking up 70+ points a season. Like Seguin, I think Tavares gets somewhat overlooked by playing for a secondary team: he has made countless NYI wingers rich. Of the four 91s, he's probably admired as the greatest leader and all-around player.

I chose Seguin, because whenever I watch him play, I'm always amazed at the blend of speed, skill, and power that I haven't seen in any other player. But all four of them are intriguing, amazing, take-my-money-to-let-me-watch-them players.

Now, I wonder what a Tarasenko-Tavares pair would look like in St. Louis?
Aug. 11, 2017 at 1:44 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Stamkos
Sahil2020 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2017 at 1:46 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Tavares.

Because he can work well with his team mates better than the other ones?
Caufzi liked this.
Aug. 11, 2017 at 1:48 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Sahil2020
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Tavares.

Because he can work well with his team mates better than the other ones?

Because he gets tons of points every year, is a great leader, is a good two-way player, etc.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit