Forums/Armchair-GM

Doughty

Created by: Willian_Cardoso
Team: 2017-18 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 10, 2017
Published: Aug. 10, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
In my opinion, Doughty would be the last piece to Bolts be considered a real contender with real chances to win the Cup.

Their offense is already powerful and Doughty would bring much not just for the defense, but also to the great Bolts offense, cause he certainly is one of the best d-men of the world, specially offensively.

Maybe the value to acquire Doughty is a bit higher. Be my guest to give your opinion, specially Bolts and Kings fans.
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,250,000
1$1,750,000
Trades
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$75,000,000$74,573,334$0$1,257,500$426,666

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$2,000,000$2,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 7
$4,766,667$4,766,667
RW
UFA - 2
$686,667$686,667 (Performance Bonus$257,500$258K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C
UFA
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C
UFA - 1
$874,167$874,167
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$3,700,000$3,700,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,025,000$1,025,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,950,000$1,950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 10, 2017 at 10:37 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
William: Tons of Leaf haters say Nylander and more has to included in trade to get Doughty. I disagree but I wonder if you will get same "push back" with this trade.
Having that cap hit of non performing Callaghan makes it difficult for Kings to accept.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:17 a.m.
I don't think that is even close to fair value for doughty. You really think doughty is needed to make the lightning a real contender? Aren't they already?
Doughty isn't really one of the best defenceman offensively, but he is a great all around D.
Lastly, it's especially, not specially smh
Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:21 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: palhal
William: Tons of Leaf haters say Nylander and more has to included in trade to get Doughty. I disagree but I wonder if you will get same "push back" with this trade.
Having that cap hit of non performing Callaghan makes it difficult for Kings to accept.

Yeah, I know. I made this trade based on Bolts perspective and the fact that Kings won't fight for anything at least for the next 2 or 3 years. So, they could agree to swallow his salary, cause Dotchin and Namestinikov are great values. Specially Dotchin. 1st round pick is a compensation for that. But, maybe I should include another high pick. A 3rd or 2nd.

But tks for your feedback.

PS: No way to Leafs give up Nylander to acquire Doughty. Specially because Doughty just have 2 years left on his contract. Haters always gonna hate. I know exactly what you're talking about, cause Sid and Pens have a tons of haters either. But I'll tell you something Palhal, just the great ones are hated by the others fans. Leafs don't win a cup in many years, but your team have a great history and it's one of the most important team of NHL. We can't imagine the league w/o Leafs.

So, don't bother yourself with the haters. Just have fun with the jokes. This is what I do when they say stupid things about Sid and my team. Or just ignore them.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:28 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: StammerTime
I don't think that is even close to fair value for doughty. You really think doughty is needed to make the lightning a real contender? Aren't they already?
Doughty isn't really one of the best defenceman offensively, but he is a great all around D.
Lastly, it's especially, not specially smh

He's an all around indeed, and I don't say differently. But he IS one of the best d-men offensively. Be my guest to disagree with me about it, but I won't change my mind.

As for Doughty value, probably it's not enough. But I don't think it's that far from that. Specially because he just have 2 years left on his contract. I could swap Callahan for Killorn and add another high pick. But I wouldn't offer more than that, if I was your GM.

If Bolts are a real contender, well...I think they are a contender, but I don't fear to face Bolts in playoffs at all. If they acquired Doughty, then I would to...
Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:36 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Thanks for your thoughts. Like you at some time, if the Kings want to improve their team, they have to trade Doughty for young assets. They are a middling team now stuck with some high contracts. Maybe they could still sign Doughty as a UFA, even if was traded. Kings management still have sell tickets, so maybe Doughty doesn't get traded till next season. It's almost the same as the Tavares. Isles could get a nice return but they still have to give their fanshope they are in a playoff run this season. One thing the Leafs didn't have to worry about when they traded assets was that the rink was always going to be full.
Tampa is my favourite to win the Atlantic this season.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:54 a.m.

Well think about it this way: if your the Kings do you really want to trade Doughty? If the answer is yes you want the best player possible not a group of mediocore players.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:59 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
I changed Doughty for Palat. Now, I think the trade is more reasonable, cause Palat is a very good Stamkos partner and he's just 26 with a reasonable contract either.

Tell me if you guys agree this time.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 12:06 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Thanks for your thoughts. Like you at some time, if the Kings want to improve their team, they have to trade Doughty for young assets. They are a middling team now stuck with some high contracts. Maybe they could still sign Doughty as a UFA, even if was traded. Kings management still have sell tickets, so maybe Doughty doesn't get traded till next season. It's almost the same as the Tavares. Isles could get a nice return but they still have to give their fanshope they are in a playoff run this season. One thing the Leafs didn't have to worry about when they traded assets was that the rink was always going to be full.

You're welcome.

Well, I made this trade on Bolts perspetive. If I was Kings GM, I think Doughty would be part of the rebuild. If he wants to be part of that, of course.

I swap Callahan for Palat to make this trade more reasonable. What do you think now?

As for Bolts as a favorite in Atlantic, I agree. To me, there're just two team better than Bolts in Eastern Conference. Pens and Jackets.

I don't think they will bring Doughty, but if they would, Bolts would become the best team of the league, inmy opinion. Or at least they would be as good as Pens is.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 12:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Not enough for Doughty if you ask me.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 1:47 p.m.
BreKel
That doesn't sniff doughty. He's a top 3 defenseman in the league.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 2:28 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
You guys are tough as a GM. Lol

I'm trying to make the best proposal from Bolts perspective. Not Kings.

But at least the swap to Palat turns the trade to reasonable. Maybe adding another 1st will convince you guys...Am I right?? Hahaha

C'mon, Doughty just have 2 years left in his contract. This counts to his value.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 2:49 p.m.
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso

You're welcome.

Well, I made this trade on Bolts perspetive. If I was Kings GM, I think Doughty would be part of the rebuild. If he wants to be part of that, of course.

I swap Callahan for Palat to make this trade more reasonable. What do you think now?

As for Bolts as a favorite in Atlantic, I agree. To me, there're just two team better than Bolts in Eastern Conference. Pens and Jackets.

I don't think they will bring Doughty, but if they would, Bolts would become the best team of the league, inmy opinion. Or at least they would be as good as Pens is.

Of course if Tampa got doughty they'd be the best team in the league, most teams would become that if they got him. I'm not sure many people would agree with you that Columbus is better than Tampa. Penguins may be better than Tampa, but it's very close and I wouldn't be totally confident in the penguins
Aug. 10, 2017 at 8:54 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: StammerTime
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso

You're welcome.

Of course if Tampa got doughty they'd be the best team in the league, most teams would become that if they got him. I'm not sure many people would agree with you that Columbus is better than Tampa. Penguins may be better than Tampa, but it's very close and I wouldn't be totally confident in the penguins

I think Jackets is closer to Bolts than Bolts is closer to Pens. But I think Jackets is a little better than Tamba because of Bobrovsky. Lightning has a bit better offense. But I think Jackets have a better D. Goalie to me is the most important position in hockey. So Bobrovsky make the difference in favor of Jackets, cause he's way better today than Vasilevski. Vasilevski is still young and has a great upside, but today he's still far from Bobrovsky level. This is why I think Jackets is a bit better than Bolts. But this is an arguable subject and I accept those who disagree with me.

As for Pens favoritism, I'm not saying I believe 100% that we will win the 3peat, but we still are the most favorite team of the league. Any team which have Crosby, Malkin, Letang and Murray would be. Specially because of Sid, Geno and Murray.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll