SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/General Fantasy Talk

What do you disagree with people on?

Aug. 14, 2017 at 2:09 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
What's the main this in hockey you disagree with most people on ... it could be a player, or a team, or anything to do with hockey. For me, the main one would probably be the fact that i don't think the Ducks will make the playoffs in 2018. Overall i think i do predictions different than most ... sometimes i'm right, sometimes i'm wrong ... i was right about the Islanders missing it this year but i was wrong about the Oilers, i thought they'd miss, most disagreed. But the Ducks are the main one ... but maybe fights, Girardi, Byfuglien, Backstrom, and Gardiner are a few more than could go in there.
Aug. 14, 2017 at 12:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Give me all the hate in the world, because I know it's coming -- I think Malkin is better than Crosby
Kotkaniemi15 and wojme liked this.
Aug. 14, 2017 at 2:41 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: krakowitz
Give me all the hate in the world, because I know it's coming -- I think Malkin is better than Crosby

We all ready argued on this like two months ago, and it was heated, never ending, and painful. LOL
nobody, Pasta88Sauce, phillyjabroni and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 14, 2017 at 6:43 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

I agree with you completely.
wojme liked this.
Aug. 14, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
That Sean Couturier isn't a 2c caliber forward.
Aug. 14, 2017 at 8:20 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DarylthePony

We all ready argued on this like two months ago, and it was heated, never ending, and painful. LOL

And I'd be more than ready to do it again smile
Daryl liked this.
Aug. 14, 2017 at 9:46 p.m.
We could have another debate (much like the one between myself and rangersandislesfan on Oscar Klefbom) between you (Krak) and DarlythePony
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni
We could have another debate (much like the one between myself and rangersandislesfan on Oscar Klefbom) between you (Krak) and DarlythePony

i like this idea, can i be a voter if it happens?
Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I would disagree with you there ... Crosby's the one who just got 2 Conn Smythe trophies, and he's the one who got tons of points and plays great all-round in the playoffs.
Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:37 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

I don't think I could do it quite the way you did philly...I don't give a rip about those advanced stats, so my entire argument would pretty much be based off of the eye test with some more basic stats thrown in there. But I'd be willing to give it a shot. Daryl?
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:40 p.m.

I don't think I could do it quite the way you did philly...I don't give a rip about those advanced stats, so my entire argument would pretty much be based off of the eye test with some more basic stats thrown in there. But I'd be willing to give it a shot. Daryl?

Oh. So the fact that Crosby makes Conor Sheary and other scrubs who they are based on WOWYs wouldn't hold water to you then?
Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:43 p.m.
That Sean Couturier isn't a 2c caliber forward.

and that Advanced Stats don't matter
Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:46 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

Oh. So the fact that Crosby makes Conor Sheary and other scrubs who they are based on WOWYs wouldn't hold water to you then?

I don't even know what WOWYs are, so I can't answer your question. The two NHL teams who went heavy into the analytics are Arizona and Florida. Arizona was the third worst team in the league, and Florida went from winning their division to completely missing the playoffs (cue some counter argument from you that I probably won't understand). I don't put a ton of value into those crazy advanced stats. If you want to, you can. But I don't.
Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:51 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Honestly, I'd rather debate why the Flyers have an extremely small chance of making the playoffs with philly
Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:56 p.m.
Honestly, I'd rather debate why the Flyers have an extremely small chance of making the playoffs with philly

well, we would both be on the same side...
Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:57 p.m.

I don't even know what WOWYs are, so I can't answer your question. The two NHL teams who went heavy into the analytics are Arizona and Florida. Arizona was the third worst team in the league, and Florida went from winning their division to completely missing the playoffs (cue some counter argument from you that I probably won't understand). I don't put a ton of value into those crazy advanced stats. If you want to, you can. But I don't.

Yup. John Chayka is a freakin genius. So is Sam Hinkie, and Billy Beane.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 9:03 a.m.
get ur corsi up
I agree with you krakowitz about the Flyers small chance at getting to the playoffs (same boat as NYI), the Metro is just to competitive, so unless Washington or Columbus blows it Philadelphia will miss. However, Crosby v. Malkin is where we don't see eye to eye, LOL.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 9:13 a.m.
I agree with you krakowitz about the Flyers small chance at getting to the playoffs (same boat as NYI), the Metro is just to competitive, so unless Washington or Columbus blows it Philadelphia will miss. However, Crosby v. Malkin is where we don't see eye to eye, LOL.

Flyers are a playoff caliber team, just play against the toughest division. Only if one team blows up (unlikely) will they push for a WC. They have the rising talent, but need to score 5v5 and have the rookie defensemen be solid (high chance they are) [Morin and Hagg]
Aug. 15, 2017 at 9:18 a.m.
get ur corsi up

Flyers are a playoff caliber team, just play against the toughest division. Only if one team blows up (unlikely) will they push for a WC. They have the rising talent, but need to score 5v5 and have the rookie defensemen be solid (high chance they are) [Morin and Hagg]

I agree, PHI and NYI are both good teams that have the skills to contend in the playoffs, however Pittsburgh is almost as good as they were last year, the Rangers are better, the Caps have declined but are still contenders, the Jackets have improved, and Carolina is a team to watch next year. Therefore, do to Philly's lack of defense and inconsistent goaltending they will miss the playoffs. Next season however, when guys like Sanheim start getting really good Philadelphia will be a ligament contender.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 9:19 a.m.
Habs

Their defense corps is still quite poor. For this year at least, beyond Provorov and Gostisbehere they have Gudas, MacDonald, Sanheim, Manning? I think I'm missing one. Until guys like Sanheim and Myers, (and maybe Morin and Hagg) reach their ceiling.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 9:21 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: OpaqueZoo

Their defense corps is still quite poor. For this year at least, beyond Provorov and Gostisbehere they have Gudas, MacDonald, Sanheim, Manning? I think I'm missing one. Until guys like Sanheim and Myers, (and maybe Morin and Hagg) reach their ceiling.

The goaltending is weak to, I was surprised when they settled for Elliott to replace Mason when there were better options available. However, I think Philly is being patient because they know they have Carter Hart coming soon.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 10:10 a.m.
Habs
Quoting: OpaqueZoo

The goaltending is weak to, I was surprised when they settled for Elliott to replace Mason when there were better options available. However, I think Philly is being patient because they know they have Carter Hart coming soon.

Elliott splitting time has proven he can be fantastic, just not as a starter.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 10:57 a.m.
The tandem should work this year. While I am a Mason fan, he is a huge tandem hater.

Morin and Hagg looked very well in the two games they got called up for, and I don't see them not being above MDZ or Manning.

Sanheim might be able to crack the roster, as he is NHL ready, one of Manning or MacDonald has to be moved though.

Hart/Sandstrom are the 2019-2020 goalies.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 11:55 a.m.
I tend to argue a lot about Rask being elite when others say he's not.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 12:08 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: ON3M4N
I tend to argue a lot about Rask being elite when others say he's not.

Elite is a word that is overused and has lost its effect. Rask is one of the better goalies in this league but I wouldn't call him elite. However, if Rask had a better backup (Khudobin is trash) then he'd get more rest and his numbers might climb back up to elite level.
Pasta88Sauce liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll