SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

Pennant Chases -- Who ya got?

Aug. 15, 2017 at 1:12 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
In the AL, Houston is the clear frontrunner, but Cleveland and Boston both have significant chances.
In the NL, the Dodgers have been pacing all of baseball since May, and they have the deepest lineup 1-9 hands down, as well as excellent starting pitching to go along with arguably the best closer in the game. Chicago has been turning up the heat lately, and if the Nats get Harper back in time, they could both challenge LA (but the Nats seem to have caught some playoff woes from the hockey team, I doubt they get it done this year).

I've got Houston vs Los Angeles playing for the World Series. Who ya got?
Aug. 15, 2017 at 1:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
What sport is this? baseball? I could seriously name you the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Blue Jays, and that's probably it.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 1:44 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: krakowitz
In the AL, Houston is the clear frontrunner, but Cleveland and Boston both have significant chances.
In the NL, the Dodgers have been pacing all of baseball since May, and they have the deepest lineup 1-9 hands down, as well as excellent starting pitching to go along with arguably the best closer in the game. Chicago has been turning up the heat lately, and if the Nats get Harper back in time, they could both challenge LA (but the Nats seem to have caught some playoff woes from the hockey team, I doubt they get it done this year).

Quoting: rangersandislesfan
What sport is this? baseball? I could seriously name you the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Blue Jays, and that's probably it.

"Pennant" "AL" "NL" "baseball" "lineup 1-9" "starting pitching" "Nats" "World Series"

You seriously couldn't tell this was baseball? Context clues, friendo. And the word baseball is in the middle of the post.
krakowitz and nobody liked this.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
If Houston can nab Justin Verlander for just AAA-Class A prospects, they should be a heavy favorite in the AL.

LA Dodgers basically have the NL Pennant
Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:43 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Quoting: rangersandislesfan

"Pennant" "AL" "NL" "baseball" "lineup 1-9" "starting pitching" "Nats" "World Series"

You seriously couldn't tell this was baseball? Context clues, friendo. And the word baseball is in the middle of the post.

i wasn't reading it all, i just saw a bit of it and i guess i missed the word 'baseball'.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 10:48 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: phillyjabroni
If Houston can nab Justin Verlander for just AAA-Class A prospects, they should be a heavy favorite in the AL.

I doubt Detroit moves him, but if they do, Houston gets a huge bonus to their rotation. Although I'm not sure how necessary he'd be, especially given the price tag on him. Houston's rotation has been good, even though the names aren't big.
Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:29 p.m.
of baseball playoffs are so different and a couple of good starters can upset the best teams. I'll agree with you that Astros and dodgers are likely in the World Series. thinking Cleveland has the ability in a short series to beat anyone with their pitching in the American League.
Sep. 1, 2017 at 11:29 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: phillyjabroni

I doubt Detroit moves him, but if they do, Houston gets a huge bonus to their rotation. Although I'm not sure how necessary he'd be, especially given the price tag on him. Houston's rotation has been good, even though the names aren't big.

Wow...right at the buzzer. Houston now has a guy they can consistently rely on to go against Sale and Kluber. Given the Astros inconsistencies with their recent starting pitching, Verlander may be the acquisition that puts them over the top in the AL, if they weren't already. They could count on him for 6-7 innings of 2-3 run baseball every outing.
Sep. 2, 2017 at 11:57 a.m.
Go Blue Ja.. Oh ****. I'm 2 years late. We're **** again.
Pasta88Sauce and phillyjabroni liked this.
Sep. 2, 2017 at 12:53 p.m.
Quoting: boltscharge17
Go Blue Ja.. Oh ****. I'm 2 years late. We're **** again.

traded the farm lol
Sep. 5, 2017 at 1:55 p.m.
Below Market Value

Wow...right at the buzzer. Houston now has a guy they can consistently rely on to go against Sale and Kluber. Given the Astros inconsistencies with their recent starting pitching, Verlander may be the acquisition that puts them over the top in the AL, if they weren't already. They could count on him for 6-7 innings of 2-3 run baseball every outing.

You mean that guy isn't Dallas Keuchel?
Sep. 5, 2017 at 3:19 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

You mean that guy isn't Dallas Keuchel?

He's had some injury issues lately and been sliding a bit, you can tell command has been a growing issue lately. Verlander should be relied on more than Keuchel
Oct. 12, 2017 at 12:07 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: clark
of baseball playoffs are so different and a couple of good starters can upset the best teams. I'll agree with you that Astros and dodgers are likely in the World Series. thinking Cleveland has the ability in a short series to beat anyone with their pitching in the American League.

Well, when the ace doesn't make it out of the fourth inning in a winner-take-all game, you're in trouble.

The fact that the Yankees were able to come back is amazing. I wasn't shocked to see them win both games in New York, but for them to go to Cleveland and beat the best team in baseball shows that the kids are ready. Meanwhile, the Indians have lost 6 straight series clinching games.

Tomorrow night, my Nats are taking on Chicago for the right to play the Dodgers for the pennant. I can't say I have a ton of confidence that we'll get it done, but I have faith! (Quick side note -- why am I a fan of teams that can't win in the playoffs?)
Oct. 12, 2017 at 5:16 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Krakowitz: In our baseball pool. we picked players and teams in 16 different categories. We make our selections in April. Cleveland was my AL Pennant and World Series participants. Now I finish 4th (out of the money) when I had a shot at 1st place.
I can't THAT feel that sorry for you regarding being a fan of teams that can't win in the playoffs. I'm a Leaf and Bills fan.
Oct. 12, 2017 at 5:44 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: palhal
Krakowitz: In our baseball pool. we picked players and teams in 16 different categories. We make our selections in April. Cleveland was my AL Pennant and World Series participants. Now I finish 4th (out of the money) when I had a shot at 1st place.
I can't THAT feel that sorry for you regarding being a fan of teams that can't win in the playoffs. I'm a Leaf and Bills fan.

Why the Bills? Just because they are the closest NFL team to Toronto?
Oct. 12, 2017 at 7:09 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Edited Oct. 12, 2017 at 7:36 p.m.
Krakowitz: Bills, being closest to my home is one reason. Remember I started to watch the AFL and NFL in the 60s when I was a kid. You didn't have a cable or wide variety so you had the Bills as you home team on NBC channel 2 in Buffalo. Then at 4 PM they had the West Coast games. Many of my friends are Browns fan, because the Buffalo CBS TV feed, channel 4, had Browns has their home team. And the Browns were good back them.
Though not a Sabres fan, I like my (little) sister city of Buffalo. Being from southern Ontario (though I have live in various places including the US), I can associate with Buffalo. Maybe it's the small townsish, the weather and somewhat cultural the same as Ontario. And upper New York State is great place to visit.
Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:12 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

3 more outs...
Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:58 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

3 more outs...

Got ‘em

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll