SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Official BOG Discussion Only Thread

Aug. 16, 2017 at 5:55 p.m.
Stickied
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Edited Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:34 p.m.
This thread is for discussion and voting between BOG members only.

We ask that other GMs do not post anything in this thread so that the BOG can keep things organized and other GMs can easily see what the BOG is currently up to.

If you have any questions of complaints that you want to submit to the BOG, please use the Board Of General Managers Official Thread.

BOG Members:
ricochetii
phillyjabroni
Turner33
Bo53Horvat
TonyStrecher
DarylthePony
Duster

BOG Agenda:

- Set up a plan for College FAs and Second Wave NHL FA
- Work on recruiting active AGMs
- Discuss GM Game Awards

Current BOG Votes:
Aug. 16, 2017 at 5:59 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Edited Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:22 p.m.
Amazingly there are still two free agents who have not yet been signed. Jordan Oesterle and Keith Kinkaid. Ottawa currently has the highest bid on Oesterle and Winnipeg has the highest bid on Kinkaid.

I would like to propose that we create a deadline of 11:59pm EST on Thursday, August 17 for these two teams to either sign or pass on these players otherwise they will be automatically passed.

1-0 TonyStrecher in favor.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:01 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Edited Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:25 p.m.
Also unless anyone objects I think we should create a new Master Thread and a new BOG thread for discussion between the BOG and other GMs.

Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:26 p.m.
Quoting: TonyStrecher
Amazingly there are still two free agents who have not yet been signed. Jordan Oesterle and Keith Kinkaid. Ottawa currently has the highest bid on Oesterle and Winnipeg has the highest bid on Kinkaid.

I would like to propose that we create a deadline of 11:59pm EST on Thursday, August 17 for these two teams to either sign or pass on these players otherwise they will be automatically passed.

2-0
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:27 p.m.
Also unless anyone objects I think we should create a new Master Thread and a new BOG thread for discussion between the BOG and other GMs.

2-0 in favor.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
3-0 on the FA deadline; as soon as the voting ceases, someone will have to notify JT_Miller that he needs to make a decision on Jordan Oesterle, and then notify the GM who is next in line, should JT_Miller pass on Oesterle.

2-0 on the new thread creation and the locking of the old ones (BOG and Master) once the new ones are implemented.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:37 p.m.
4-0 and 3-0 respectively I also think we should set dates for the college/USHL FA and second wave of NHL and INTL FA
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:43 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
4-0 and 3-0 respectively I also think we should set dates for the college/USHL FA and second wave of NHL and INTL FA

Good point I'll add that to the agenda. Haven't we already done international FAs?
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:45 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

Motion Passed. Ottawa has been notified and Winnipeg has signed Kinkaid
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:49 p.m.

Good point I'll add that to the agenda. Haven't we already done international FAs?

I just mean there might be some left over
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:51 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

Ok makes sense. Do you guys think that we should do the College FAs or the Second Wave of NHL FAs first or should we do them at the same time?
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:55 p.m.

Ok makes sense. Do you guys think that we should do the College FAs or the Second Wave of NHL FAs first or should we do them at the same time?

Second wave of FA' s first. Get it over with before moving onto something completely different
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:58 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

Second wave of FA' s first. Get it over with before moving onto something completely different

Sounds good. Mainly this depends on Rico, though he shouldn't have to do all the work anymore, but would we be able to start the second wave within the next couple of days?
Aug. 16, 2017 at 7:01 p.m.

Sounds good. Mainly this depends on Rico, though he shouldn't have to do all the work anymore, but would we be able to start the second wave within the next couple of days?

I say start second wave on Sunday at 12:00 EST. 1-0 in favour
Aug. 16, 2017 at 7:02 p.m.
Personally, I think that teams should come forward with any NCAA/International/CHL free agents or "second wave" free agents so the BOG doesn't have to add in everyone, when a small percentage of those free agents are targets of teams. Why stock five kinds of Gatorade, if the consumer only wants "Rain Berry"?

Not sure if this was part of Rico's original plan, however.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 7:02 p.m.

Sounds good 2-0
Aug. 16, 2017 at 7:07 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: Duster

Sounds good 2-0

As long as Rico is good with this that sounds good to me. 3-0
Aug. 16, 2017 at 8:08 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I'm in favor of the current UFA deadline.

Thread organization was on my personal agenda to mention tonight. I'm still spotty for the next couple of hours, but I'll try to give you a quick idea of what I had in mind.
1. Suggestion Box should be just that. Make a suggestion or second a suggestion. The BOG will go through these regularly and bring those with merit up for discussion in priority order as time permits.
2. BOG Business should be reserved for BOG members only to post. Too often relevant posts by BOG members, where they are attempting to communicate with each other and process items, were getting lost and buried among a lot of other posts from non-BOG members. This is NOT to say that non-BOG members can't speak or communicate with the BOG, only that we need one thread clear of traffic to help us stay organized and on top of things. The place for GM's to post would be ...
3. Town Hall would be the place for any posts you may have previously considered making in the BOG thread. That may include reporting issues, leaving your input on a current agenda item, discussing a suggestion, etc. I still want GM's to feel free to observe and provide their opinions, we'll just be changing the location to do that. Feel free to quote a BOG Business post in the Town Hall thread at any time, if you wish to have a discussion there.
4. Master Thread should continue to be public discussion between GM's, but I would like to add a directory (/table of contents) to aid GM's in locating and posting in the correct permanent threads. This would serve as a "hub" for finding the Trade thread, Suggestion Box, News thread, BOG Office, etc. The list of current GM's and links to their teams would be bumped down to the 2nd post in the thread.

There are other tweaks and improvements that can be made, but this is the main part of the restructuring I'd like to bring up for consideration. The goal is to make the BOG Office more efficient, maintain (and improve) communication across the league, and make it easier for GM's to find what they need.

Against Sunday free agency 3-1. We just aren't ready and haven't even situated ourselves yet.

For 2nd wave of free agents, I'm still looking into some things. My main concern is having a list of available players. However, I've been considering an alternative with a more "draft" style approach. After seeing how ties work, they are manageable within a certain volume, but with an increase in the number of ties, which is likely given the lower value of the players and max contract restrictions, it's far from efficient. Messy due to the volume and time consuming due to the waiver tiebreaker and teams being required to pass and wait. I would definitely suggest GM's have the ability to submit players to be added to the list and I can arrange that anonymously so you can add a player to the list without expressing your intentions. Depending on the volume of submissions, filtering out doubles and ineligible players could be time consuming as well. I would also want to set it up in such a way that I could identify any "foolishness" by those making submissions, so I'll have to give it some more thought. Bear with me and let's get some other things taken care of in the meantime. smile
Aug. 16, 2017 at 8:29 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
I think we'll follow you in terms of what we do for FA Rico. If you say we should wait we'll wait.

Are you thinking of doing the College FAs and remaining NHL and international FAs together?

I agree with you that sorting out all the ties will be a pain in the ass. Maybe we could use a draft-like system.

We already have the suggestion box that Booth created, we could make a new one. Either way we should have the mods sticky it. We already basically have the BOG Business and Town Hall threads that you suggested in the two threads I created this afternoon, this one and Discussion Between BOG And Other GMs. I like your ideas for the new Master Thread.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 8:31 p.m.
I think that we should require GMs to tell the BOG who they want on the list. There are infinite amount of CHL/NCAA/INT'L FAs and this would be a way for teams to make it easier for us and them
Aug. 16, 2017 at 8:39 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I think that we should require GMs to tell the BOG who they want on the list. There are infinite amount of CHL/NCAA/INT'L FAs and this would be a way for teams to make it easier for us and them

Yeah just posting a list of available free agents and having GMs submit who they want would be much easier.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 8:45 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

Yeah just posting a list of available free agents and having GMs submit who they want would be much easier.

So would we post a list to begin with. It would be easier to just have GMs submit players and make the list out of those players.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 8:53 p.m.
deleted
Aug. 16, 2017 at 8:54 p.m.
Honestly will the other GMs know who's still available if we don't make a list?
Aug. 16, 2017 at 8:55 p.m.
GMs would be responsible for telling the BOG who they would want to have on the list, as they would be present the content and we would make the product. For example, Spencer Foo won't be on the list unless 1 out of the 31 GMs adds him to the list
Duster liked this.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:00 p.m.
GMs would be responsible for telling the BOG who they would want to have on the list, as they would be present the content and we would make the product. For example, Spencer Foo won't be on the list unless 1 out of the 31 GMs adds him to the list

But I'm talking remaining NHL free agents. Will anybody know who was signed and who is still a FA?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll