SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Official BOG Discussion Only Thread

Aug. 16, 2017 at 5:55 p.m.
Stickied
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Edited Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:34 p.m.
This thread is for discussion and voting between BOG members only.

We ask that other GMs do not post anything in this thread so that the BOG can keep things organized and other GMs can easily see what the BOG is currently up to.

If you have any questions of complaints that you want to submit to the BOG, please use the Board Of General Managers Official Thread.

BOG Members:
ricochetii
phillyjabroni
Turner33
Bo53Horvat
TonyStrecher
DarylthePony
Duster

BOG Agenda:

- Set up a plan for College FAs and Second Wave NHL FA
- Work on recruiting active AGMs
- Discuss GM Game Awards

Current BOG Votes:
Aug. 29, 2017 at 11:58 a.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Are we willing to wait for snake to be active on September 4th?

He said he would check in daily until then...
Aug. 29, 2017 at 11:59 a.m.
Quoting: Duster
Are we willing to wait for snake to be active on September 4th?

He said he would check in daily until then...

oh word. completely skipped that part.
Aug. 30, 2017 at 11:28 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Quoting: DirtyDangles
So Doan has retired...what is the protocol with his contract?

We will get to those after second wave of free agency when we set the training camp and rosters for the beginning of the season, which will be a multi-step process.
My apologies again for the delay with free agency. Been sick for the last few days and because of that I've had some catching up to do in real life before I could get to things here.
I should be in the clear and able to get things going tomorrow night, barring any unexpected things popping up to pull me away. smile

I envision it working like this, but don't hold me to it, as this is just in my head and will at least need approval. Discussing it will help me work it out and make sure I'm not missing anything.
1. Was not under contract IRL when retiring - Off your roster and off your books
2. Was under contract IRL when retiring - Off your roster and off your books UNLESS they were on a 35+ contract, where the full cap hit will still apply.
2b. Cap recapture penalties, if applicable, would also apply.
3. Left for another league (regardless of contract status) - The rights to the player will remain on your books, but the cap hit will be reduced to league minimum. (Markov, Andrei $5.5M x 2 years becomes (R) Markov, Andrei $650k x 2 years). If such player returns prior to the term expiring, you may re-sign them to match their IRL contract. If you choose not to, they will be placed on waivers under the same conditions. You may not keep them as "Rights" unless they clear waivers.
4. LTIR situations will be dealt with at the same time if possible. Obvious ones will be approved, but some will have to wait until their RL team puts them on LTIR, which is the only way we can confirm their status.

Does that cover everything, or did I miss a particular situation that only applies to a certain player?

My only concern is that multiple teams passed up on Jagr because of the strong implication that he might not get an offer. If they were to sign him at full and know that they would be able to not have him count against the cap because the hit would be voided because he has yet to sign an NHL contract.

I think that for the sake of the game, we can make LTIR expandable to players who are on the books in the GM Game, but have retired in the NHL. I don't want it to run to a situation that GMs could have signed every single player and then been able to void the cap hit because they are not currently under contract.

2-0 (ricohetti and phillyjabroni) for the aforementioned plan.
also, Rico, you don't need to apologize for being sick lol. Get well man
Aug. 30, 2017 at 11:36 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

We will get to those after second wave of free agency when we set the training camp and rosters for the beginning of the season, which will be a multi-step process.
My apologies again for the delay with free agency. Been sick for the last few days and because of that I've had some catching up to do in real life before I could get to things here.
I should be in the clear and able to get things going tomorrow night, barring any unexpected things popping up to pull me away. smile

I envision it working like this, but don't hold me to it, as this is just in my head and will at least need approval. Discussing it will help me work it out and make sure I'm not missing anything.
1. Was not under contract IRL when retiring - Off your roster and off your books
2. Was under contract IRL when retiring - Off your roster and off your books UNLESS they were on a 35+ contract, where the full cap hit will still apply.
3. Left for another league (regardless of contract status) - The rights to the player will remain on your books, but the cap hit will be reduced to league minimum. (Markov, Andrei $5.5M x 2 years becomes (R) Markov, Andrei $650k x 2 years). If such player returns prior to the term expiring, you may re-sign them to match their IRL contract. If you choose not to, they will be placed on waivers under the same conditions. You may not keep them as "Rights" unless they clear waivers.
4. LTIR situations will be dealt with at the same time if possible. Obvious ones will be approved, but some will have to wait until their RL team puts them on LTIR, which is the only way we can confirm their status.

Does that cover everything, or did I miss a particular situation that only applies to a certain player?

My only concern is that multiple teams passed up on Jagr because of the strong implication that he might not get an offer. If they were to sign him at full and know that they would be able to not have him count against the cap because the hit would be voided because he has yet to sign an NHL contract.

I think that for the sake of the game, we can make LTIR expandable to players who are on the books in the GM Game, but have retired in the NHL. I don't want it to run to a situation that GMs could have signed every single player and then been able to void the cap hit because they are not currently under contract.

What if a player under contract IRL retired from the NHL, then left for another league, such as Kevin Klein?
Aug. 31, 2017 at 10:17 a.m.

3-0(rico,philly,duster) I also agree to you not apologizing for being sick. Lol
Aug. 31, 2017 at 12:16 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Thanks guys. I just hate being the cause of a delay. Sticking Out Tongue

As for the concern: I'm okay with it because everyone still had a fair shot at signing everyone and the risk they took was wasting their budget space. Arizona took a risk on Markov, which prevented him from signing other free agents, so the penalty is already carried out and he'll have to find other means to fill his roster spots. Nobody took a risk on Jagr, so if someone picks him up now at a bargain price, they get rewarded for that risk. It's not like other GM's didn't have their chance.

I think that addresses the second half with the LTIR. I don't feel it is necessary for the reasons above. I know you approved anyway, but does that alleviate your concern?
Aug. 31, 2017 at 1:33 p.m.
4-0 (rico,philly,duster,bo) Second wave of free agency passes.
Aug. 31, 2017 at 1:36 p.m.
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

we weren't voting on FA 2.0

edit : I thought that already passed
Aug. 31, 2017 at 1:36 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Can you go back and find the current BOG votes for your sticky when you get a chance Tony? I think the new GM Activity and BOG Expectations passed, as well as UFA v2 now.
Once we verify these we can start releasing them.

I'll put up the 2nd wave UFA once I have it all set up. I've converted it to forms to make it easier for people (and for me, I won't have to edit 31 team sheets). I'll collect the names and organize them from the responses.
Aug. 31, 2017 at 1:37 p.m.
Go Habs Go

It did kinda, but we discussed and made some modifications, so it didn't hurt to reconfirm. smile
Aug. 31, 2017 at 7:29 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Edited Aug. 31, 2017 at 9:29 p.m.
Just fixing this to the form instead of team sheets.
I'm going to make sure I have my own list together so I can submit first like the first wave, so I can't change my selections based on what I see.
I'll get everything up and running either later tonight or in the morning.

-------------------------------------------

Free Agency (Second Wave)
----------------------------------------------
This is a different process from wave one due to various complexities and to cut down the time and effort required to process.
We've eliminated bidding, ties, and individual waiver claims from the process to make it more efficient.

1. Participating GM's will submit a list using the provided form. This list may include up to 10 players from among:
- Remaining unsigned free agents from UFA Bidding (LIST: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14h13sdeGtiAGJOgGDqfabbbdsPchoFg3QL1qfClvPV4/edit?usp=sharing)
- Unsigned players from other leagues whose rights are unowned in the GM game (College, European, Semi-Pro leagues)
- Undrafted players prior to the 16/17 entry draft (players who were first eligible and undrafted in the GM game this year may not be listed)
This list will follow the format provided on the team sheet. (Do your best to avoid spelling errors please)

2. GM's will be able to sign up to 5 players from among those on their submitted list. Signings will be determined in order of waiver priority in a draft format.
Only the players you are listed for will be available to be signed when it is your turn. If you submit the top 10 players available and you don't pick until 30th, you probably aren't going to get anyone, so try to submit players that will be in your range.

3. The draft list will not be public until the deadline for list submissions has passed.
Once the draft list is made public, teams will proceed in order to select their desired player(s) from among those they have access to.
This information will be available on the list.

4. Contracts
Players entering an ELC would be signed to a $925k contract with term dependent on their current age, as per NHL rules.
Players who qualify as free agents (no-ELC) may be signed to a 1 year term only, with salary dependent on the round they are selected in.
Round 1: $900k
Round 2: $800k
Round 3: $700k
Other: $650k

5. Waiver order
Once a participating team has successfully signed a player, they will be moved back in the waiver order.
Waiver order will only be affected according to what happens in this wave of free agency and not applied individually to each selection.
[A] Teams that do not successfully sign a player will retain position in the waiver order
[B.] Teams that are only successful in signings uncontested player(s), will retain their position in the waiver order behind the teams in group [A]
[C] Teams that are successful in signing ANY contested player, will retain their position in the waiver order behind the teams in group [B.]

Example:
Beginning waiver order : free agency result : ending waiver group

Colorado : Signs two uncontested players : [B.]
Dallas : Signs no players : [A]
Tampa : Signs one contested player : [C]
Edmonton : Signs one contested and one uncontested player : [C]
Pittsburgh : Signs no players : [A]

Final waiver order after free agency
[A] Dallas
[A] Pittsburgh
[B.] Colorado
[C] Tampa
[C] Edmonton

------------------------------------

The procedure for making your selections will be outlined prior to lists being required for submission. (WIP)
Begin researching/preparing your lists and have a fake e/gmail account prepared in order to make your submissions anonymously.
An option for public submissions will also be provided at a later date (do not submit lists yet).
Dates and deadlines will be announced once I complete preparations.

-------------
Aug. 31, 2017 at 7:58 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I asked RAIF if he wanted to leave it as is or have us look at it. He chose neither, so I repeated the choice.
I have no problem if we want to let them figure it out on their own, I just don't want GM's to get into the habit of messing up and dealing with it themselves, potentially creating conflict.
That's the reason I would prefer the BOG to look at these things first. I would rather we are made aware and can monitor the situation, mediating if necessary, than not be made aware and have GM's butting heads.
Aug. 31, 2017 at 7:59 p.m.

We were, weren't we?
Sep. 3, 2017 at 11:50 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Just getting a start on this here. Ignore until I finish. I'll flesh it out over time, just want to get the main points down.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Training Camp / Opening Day Rosters

1. Call all players up.
2. Note which players are waiver exempt.
3. Enter your opening day roster of 20-23 players and players returning to the minors on your provided team sheet.
4. All players that are not waiver exempt, will be placed on the waiver wire. Teams will have a period of time to place claims on these players.
5. Once a player has been placed on waivers, they may not be bought out, traded, or otherwise moved until they have cleared waivers or been claimed by another team.

Waiver Claims
1. You may place a claim on a player.
2. Claimed players must go to your NHL roster and cannot be sent down or traded until January 1st, 2018.
3. Successfully claiming a player will move you to the back of the waiver order.
4. Claims will be processed as follows:
a. The team placing a claim, with the highest waiver priority after 24 hours, gets the player.
b. Earliest claim first (if you place multiple claims, the first one will cost waiver priority. You may lose your second claim as a result).
5. Once a claim has been placed, it may not be rescinded.

Buyouts / Retirement / Defection / LTIR
1. Teams will be permitted to buy out any 2 players that successfully clear waivers. Standard buyout penalties apply.
2. Players who have announced retirement, will be released. Their current team retains no rights or penalties related to that player, unless they fall under the categories of cap recapture penalty or 35+ contract, in which case standard NHL rules will apply.
3. Players who have left to play in another league, while still under contract to an NHL team, will be converted to "player rights" at a minimum salary of $650k for a number of years equal to the years remaining on their current contract. This includes players signed in-game through free agency or as an RFA. These players will be noted as Created Players, with (R) LastName FirstName, where the (R) stands for "Rights".
4. When a player has been placed on LTIR IRL, you have the option of announcing it, having it confirmed, and moving that player to LTIR on your roster. The move of the player to LTIR in real life, must be official. Speculation or non-LTIR absences do not qualify.

If there's anything you think I'm forgetting to cover, let me know before I start on a first draft.
Sep. 3, 2017 at 11:53 p.m.
Just getting a start on this here. Ignore until I finish. I'll flesh it out over time, just want to get the main points down.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Training Camp / Opening Day Rosters

1. Call all players up.
2. Note which players are waiver exempt.
3. Enter your opening day roster of 20-23 players and players returning to the minors on your provided team sheet.
4. All players that are not waiver exempt, will be placed on the waiver wire. Teams will have a period of time to place claims on these players.
5. Once a player has been placed on waivers, they may not be bought out, traded, or otherwise moved until they have cleared waivers or been claimed by another team.

Waiver Claims
1. You may place a claim on a player.
2. Claimed players must go to your NHL roster and cannot be sent down or traded until January 1st, 2018.
3. Successfully claiming a player will move you to the back of the waiver order.
4. Claims will be processed as follows:
a. The team placing a claim, with the highest waiver priority after 24 hours, gets the player.
b. Earliest claim first (if you place multiple claims, the first one will cost waiver priority. You may lose your second claim as a result).
5. Once a claim has been placed, it may not be rescinded.

Buyouts / Retirement / Defection / LTIR
1. Teams will be permitted to buy out any 2 players that successfully clear waivers. Standard buyout penalties apply.
2. Players who have announced retirement, will be released. Their current team retains no rights or penalties related to that player, unless they fall under the categories of cap recapture penalty or 35+ contract, in which case standard NHL rules will apply.
3. Players who have left to play in another league, while still under contract to an NHL team, will be converted to "player rights" at a minimum salary of $650k for a number of years equal to the years remaining on their current contract. This includes players signed in-game through free agency or as an RFA. These players will be noted as Created Players, with (R) LastName FirstName, where the (R) stands for "Rights".
4. When a player has been placed on LTIR IRL, you have the option of announcing it, having it confirmed, and moving that player to LTIR on your roster. The move of the player to LTIR in real life, must be official. Speculation or non-LTIR absences do not qualify.

If there's anything you think I'm forgetting to cover, let me know before I start on a first draft.

Everything looks good Rico
Daryl liked this.
Sep. 4, 2017 at 7:35 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Edited Sep. 4, 2017 at 8:00 p.m.
Deleted
Sep. 4, 2017 at 9:27 p.m.
Just so we are on the same page, Jdp is next in line for the Philadelphia job, barring WerenskiWarrior doesn't show up spontaneously.
Sep. 4, 2017 at 9:41 p.m.
Just so we are on the same page, Jdp is next in line for the Philadelphia job, barring WerenskiWarrior doesn't show up spontaneously.

Why is WW being replaced?

Edit: Yup sorry thought this was the Bog > GMs thread, my bad.
Sep. 4, 2017 at 9:44 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

Why is WW being replaced?

In the event that he does, we want to make sure that Jdp has a running team. WeresnkiWarrior is almost at 7 days (around 48 hours left.) We want to get our ducks in a row, rather than scrambling at the last moment.
Also, please re-direct this to the proper thread
Sep. 4, 2017 at 10:29 p.m.
GM Activity Second Offenders ONLY
5 days of GM Game inactivity - removal from GM position; demotion to AGM
BOG has right to remove a GM from their post if the BOG deem that they are too inactive for the role.*
If planning on missing 48 hours (want to change to 72 for all GMs) - please notify BOG
10 days of GM Game inactivity - removal from AGM; loss of seniority

*there needs to be communication regarding this. there is a reason for everything. rather than just booting some GM, the BOG should actually talk to the user about their activity and the proper way to go from there.
Sep. 4, 2017 at 10:29 p.m.
Processing
Sep. 4, 2017 at 10:30 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Re : new GM activity requirements

Proposed Rule :
GM Activity
1. GMs are required to show activity once every 5 business days.
2. The BOG are required to notify any outstanding GMs of their delinquency 48 hours before they can be removed from their position.
3. GMs are subject to removal if delinquent for 7 consecutive business days by the BOG.
4. GMs that are removed due to inactivity, they may return as an AGM to their respective team, on the condition that the current GM wants you working with them.
5. GMs are required to notify the BOG of any upcoming periods of inactivity.

Once a GM receives a warning of inactivity, the following procedure may be carried out by the BOG, pending their discretion.
1. First warning for inactivity ------> 48 hour rule is relinquished.
2. Second waring for inactivity ----> Must post within 3 business days; subject to removal if delinquent for 5 consecutive business days
3. Third warning for inactivity -----> Removal of GM position by BOG.
4. GMs that are removed due to inactivity, they may return as an AGM to their respective team, on the condition that the current GM wants you working with them.

Re : new GM activity requirements

Proposed Rule :
GM Activity
1. GMs are required to show activity once every 5 business days.
2. The BOG are required to notify any outstanding GMs of their delinquency 48 hours before they can be removed from their position.
3. GMs are subject to removal if delinquent for 7 consecutive business days by the BOG.
5. GMs are required to notify the BOG of any upcoming periods of inactivity.

Once a GM receives a warning of inactivity, the following procedure may be carried out by the BOG, pending their discretion.
1. First warning for inactivity ------> 48 hour rule is relinquished.
2. Second waring for inactivity ----> Must post within 3 business days; subject to removal if delinquent for 5 consecutive business days
3. Third warning for inactivity -----> Removal of GM position by BOG.

-------

1. addendum: This requires an actual post being made within the GM Game forum section. This creates a time stamp of your most recent activity.

Change: (no may or at your discretion, clarity)
To:
Each time you are deemed to be inactive without prior notification, the level of activity expected of you will increase.

Level 1: Meeting expectations. 48 hour notification after 5 days of no activity. Removal after 48 hours expire.
Level 2: Has previously failed to meet expectations. 48 hour notification after 3 days of no activity. Removal after 48 hours expire.
Level 3: Has repeatedly failed to meet expectations. No notification. Removal after 3 days of no activity.

Not sure if that is clearer or not, and I still want to see a notification the 2nd time. (Once may happen and be completely unavoidable for an otherwise consistently active GM)
Should also add the procedure for a prolonged absence at the end and make this all one thing related to activity.

-------

Edit: Duster. This isn't going to have an impact on anyone with previous inactivity regardless of what we do. Putting this in place now just gives us the option for the future.
There should be a shorter leash for some people, but everyone has to start from an equal point. Ideally, this will be enough of a deterrent to get otherwise decent GM's to become more active, which solves the problem without the need of replacing anyone.

Here's where we left off.
Sep. 4, 2017 at 10:32 p.m.
BOG has right to remove a GM from their post if the BOG deem that they are too inactive for the role.*
If planning on missing 48 hours (want to change to 72 for all GMs) - please notify BOG

*there needs to be communication regarding this. there is a reason for everything. rather than just booting some GM, the BOG should actually talk to the user about their activity and the proper way to go from there.
Sep. 4, 2017 at 10:38 p.m.

I like it, but 10 days is a lot. At that point, isn't removal from the game a good course of action?
Sep. 4, 2017 at 10:40 p.m.

First time can be 5 plus 2 notice after 5 and then we go to this... Lets not complicate this unnecessarily. Lets get something simple in place

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll