SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Discussion Between BOG And Other GMs

Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:50 p.m.
Stickied
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
This thread is for discussion between the BOG members and other GMs.

You may bring up any issues relating to the GM Game in this thread.

Please try to be respectful if you are complaining about something.

BOG Members:
ricochetii
phillyjabroni
Turner33
Bo53Horvat
TonyStrecher
DarylthePony
Duster
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:52 p.m.
NBABound
What's the point in creating this thread when we have the other BOG thread? Also we just recently created a master thread, so I don't see any point in making a new one.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:53 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: Mr_cap
What's the point in creating this thread when we have the other BOG thread? Also we just recently created a master thread, so I don't see any point in making a new one.

Organization, professionalism and the fact that we have to replace all of Booth's stickied posts anyways so why not. Honestly there isn't a great reason for it it just makes it more official that we have a new BOG and hopefully the GM Game has turned a corner for the better.
Duster, ricochetii, NateElder12 and 2 others liked this.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:56 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: TonyStrecher

Organization, professionalism and the fact that we have to replace all of Booth's stickied posts anyways so why not. Honestly there isn't a great reason for it it just makes it more official that we have a new BOG and hopefully the GM Game has turned a corner for the better.

So rename it "Official Official Official" lol.

Fair enough, I guess.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:24 p.m.
Go Habs Go

So rename it "Official Official Official" lol.

Fair enough, I guess.

The idea is for public posting to occur in this thread, so we can keep the other for the BOG to conduct business, while avoiding the burying and sidetracking that make it difficult to stay on task and track a single item.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:28 p.m.
Hey guys, just so you know both PHI & LAK have been inactive since Friday
NateElder12 liked this.
Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:29 p.m.
Quoting: Max

Thanks. .someone else mentioned as well and I was checking...
Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:31 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: Duster
Quoting: Max

I talked to LAK on twitter today so I can vogue for him. We were dicussing trades. Philly, don't know but I talked to him on twitter yesterday about a fantasy hockey league.
Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:55 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: NateElder12
Quoting: Duster

I talked to LAK on twitter today so I can vogue for him. We were dicussing trades. Philly, don't know but I talked to him on twitter yesterday about a fantasy hockey league.

If you could tell Philly we need him back or we'll be forced to find a replacement GM, that would be great.
Aug. 17, 2017 at 10:50 p.m.
You should look into duplicates of players because of mistakes in FA... Toronto and Florida have Desmith. I believe Vegas and another team both have Connor Carrick
Aug. 17, 2017 at 10:52 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: jmac490
You should look into duplicates of players because of mistakes in FA... Toronto and Florida have Desmith. I believe Anaheim and Vegas both have Connor Carrick

Connor Carrick issue was fixed. I'll look into DeSmith
Aug. 17, 2017 at 10:52 p.m.
You should look into duplicates of players because of mistakes in FA... Toronto and Florida have Desmith. I believe Vegas and another team both have Connor Carrick

ANA has Sam Carrick, I have Connor Carrick
Aug. 17, 2017 at 10:54 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni

I remember seeing someone make mention of it though
Aug. 17, 2017 at 10:54 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

I remember seeing someone make mention of it though

Yeah that was me, they both had Connor Carrick listed, but we figured out that ANAs player was supposed to be Sam Carrick.
jmac490 liked this.
Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:00 p.m.

was just about to comment on that myself
jmac490 liked this.
Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:23 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: WhisperWhisper

was just about to comment on that myself

We're looking into DeSmith.

I couldn't find a record of Pittsburgh signing DeSmith.
In that case DeSmith was won by Florida legitimately in free agency.

Do both sides still have possession of the other assets in that trade?
If so it is relatively simple to just reverse the trade.
Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:35 p.m.

And I have Trevor Carrick
Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:13 p.m.
NateElder12
So, for the next waive of FA are we really making a master list for everyone to view? I hate this idea, because as we just witnessed in FA there are teams that bid on every single player. I liked the idea of just submitting list anonymously along with bids and if there are ties then we do waiver priority. It seems weird to spoon feed players to GMs when they have no idea who they even are.
Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:16 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
So, for the next waive of FA are we really making a master list for everyone to view? I hate this idea, because as we just witnessed in FA there are teams that bid on every single player. I liked the idea of just submitting list anonymously along with bids and if there are ties then we do waiver priority. It seems weird to spoon feed players to GMs when they have no idea who they even are.

This could change but this is the current plan.

There will be a master list of the players left over from the first round of FA. But for the new FAs (College and CHL), there will not be a list and teams will submit their bids privately.
Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:17 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
DELETE
Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:17 p.m.
NateElder12

There will be a master list of the players left over from the first round of FA. But for the new FAs (College and CHL), there will not be a list and teams will submit their bids privately.

Oh ok I must have read it wrong, but I thought you guys were saying we were putting college FAs on the list with leftovers from Rd 1 FA. Thanks for clarifying
Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:43 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Wow, that's a lot of posts. Did I stutter when I clicked? Sticking Out Tongue

and apparently I can't edit/delete them. Sorry peeps. Confused
Go Habs Go

Oh ok I must have read it wrong, but I thought you guys were saying we were putting college FAs on the list with leftovers from Rd 1 FA. Thanks for clarifying

Check the UFA Discussion thread for my preliminary plan. All players would be available in a list, but the number of players you can make an attempt at would be restricted.
Entries onto the list could be anonymous and the list of players you want to target could be anonymous. Nobody knows who is in on who until it's time to make selections, so you can't just piggyback off someone else's targets. It also prevents teams from attempting to get every single player.

Review my proposal and leave any feedback in that thread to keep the related discussion in one location for me please? smile
Go Habs Go

Check the UFA Discussion thread for my preliminary plan. All players would be available in a list, but the number of players you can make an attempt at would be restricted.
Entries onto the list could be anonymous and the list of players you want to target could be anonymous. Nobody knows who is in on who until it's time to make selections, so you can't just piggyback off someone else's targets. It also prevents teams from attempting to get every single player.

Review my proposal and leave any feedback in that thread to keep the related discussion in one location for me please? smile
Aug. 20, 2017 at 1:24 p.m.
Banned
I think there needs to be discussions about penalties for trading players/picks you don't have. I see this all the time where a deal is agreed upon and then someone comes back with "oops I don't have X, can we do this instead?" GMs should know exactly what they have when discussing deals.
Calgary13 and Max liked this.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 1:33 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles
I think there needs to be discussions about penalties for trading players/picks you don't have. I see this all the time where a deal is agreed upon and then someone comes back with "oops I don't have X, can we do this instead?" GMs should know exactly what they have when discussing deals.

I second this... especially if the game is to get a second version
Max liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll