SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Discussion Between BOG And Other GMs

Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:50 p.m.
Stickied
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
This thread is for discussion between the BOG members and other GMs.

You may bring up any issues relating to the GM Game in this thread.

Please try to be respectful if you are complaining about something.

BOG Members:
ricochetii
phillyjabroni
Turner33
Bo53Horvat
TonyStrecher
DarylthePony
Duster
Aug. 20, 2017 at 1:53 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles
I think there needs to be discussions about penalties for trading players/picks you don't have. I see this all the time where a deal is agreed upon and then someone comes back with "oops I don't have X, can we do this instead?" GMs should know exactly what they have when discussing deals.

Agree...this is a good idea
Aug. 20, 2017 at 1:58 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: jmac490
I think there needs to be discussions about penalties for trading players/picks you don't have. I see this all the time where a deal is agreed upon and then someone comes back with "oops I don't have X, can we do this instead?" GMs should know exactly what they have when discussing deals.

I second this... especially if the game is to get a second version

i like the idea too possibly, but only for actual deals ... like, i don't think you should get in trouble for saying, 'would you give me [player name] for my 2nd round pick this year?' and then finding out you don't have a 2nd in that year.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 2:03 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: jmac490

I second this... especially if the game is to get a second version

i like the idea too possibly, but only for actual deals ... like, i don't think you should get in trouble for saying, 'would you give me [player name] for my 2nd round pick this year?' and then finding out you don't have a 2nd in that year.

That's exactly what I am talking about. Before you propose a trade you should know what you do and do not have.
Duster, phillyjabroni and Mr_cap liked this.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 3:10 p.m.
NateElder12
Well the issue with that is it's almost impossible to know who you have IRL compared to the game because it's minors that nobody knows haha. It won't be a problem in V2 because you won't have ppl making teams in the middle of FA.
Max liked this.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:48 p.m.
Banned
We also have a few GMs that are doing the bare minimum to stay a part of this game. Those teams are basically dead teams since the GMs don't answer offers. It really isn't that hard to answer a few offers a day. Hell, do it in the 5 minutes you are taking a ****. Anyone else think something should be done about this?
Calgary13, Max, jmac490 and 3 others liked this.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:03 p.m.
We also have a few GMs that are doing the bare minimum to stay a part of this game. Those teams are basically dead teams since the GMs don't answer offers. It really isn't that hard to answer a few offers a day. Hell, do it in the 5 minutes you are taking a ****. Anyone else think something should be done about this?

I do agree that a few members should be more active... that's why we had the 5 day rule with the previous group of BoG
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:04 p.m.

I agree. Unfortunately, we don't have sufficient assistant general managers that can replace them. Something that comes to mind is requiring activity on an 48 hour basis, however, unless we have people to replace those who are inactive, our hands are tied.

I'd rather have a slightly active GM than a non-existant one, and I am sure that many can argue that the difference between the two are very close.

I think that we can implement a more restrictive activity requirement in v2.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:06 p.m.

I believe this is defenitely something that requires further discussion. The inactivity disrupts the flow of the game.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:14 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: phillyjabroni

I agree. Unfortunately, we don't have sufficient assistant general managers that can replace them. Something that comes to mind is requiring activity on an 48 hour basis, however, unless we have people to replace those who are inactive, our hands are tied.

I'd rather have a slightly active GM than a non-existant one, and I am sure that many can argue that the difference between the two are very close.

I think that we can implement a more restrictive activity requirement in v2.

Yes we need to go recruiting in the AGM forum
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:18 p.m.
Honestly I think there is only 1, Maybe 2 GM's that should be replaced. LA Kings GM is virtually non existent. Philly Gm is rarely active too. Before this week Buffalo was also very inactive. Other than that the rest are active enough to keep the game going. IMHO
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:27 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Honestly I think there is only 1, Maybe 2 GM's that should be replaced. LA Kings GM is virtually non existent. Philly Gm is rarely active too. Before this week Buffalo was also very inactive. Other than that the rest are active enough to keep the game going. IMHO

I think mhockey was in Europe, so I would be inclined to give him a pass.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:32 p.m.
Banned
Ottawa isn't very active either. He does pop on from time to time but it's like every 5-7 days it seems.
NateElder12 liked this.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:43 p.m.
I think we can name names on who is active and who isn't. The fact of the matter is that we don't have solvency in our assistant general managers section of the game. I ran the ad for new assistant general managers, to no avail as we had around 3 interested, but never came over to the game.

This is a problem that will have to be solved in v2, where we ideally have more bodies. The advertisement is severely underutilized because many users do not go to the forums page to see it, where it is sticky-ed on the top of the page, they go thru the "Arm-Chair" section. Running another advertisement might be helpful, but it would have to be done during the rush hour of activity.

Ideally most teams have some sort of assistant on their roster, but I feel the legwork has to be done by them (the GM) to get people. I will soon publish a list of those who fairly active in the Arm-Chair section and are part of the 1% who are not completely delusional. My recommendation is to contact them on their most recent arm-chair team with a job offer.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:46 p.m.
Banned
Yes, GMs should have to go try and find their own AGM. I am sure for V2 it will be easier to get AGMs that can get onto their favourite teams.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:51 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

I think mhockey was in Europe, so I would be inclined to give him a pass.

Oh ok wasn't aware.

Ottawa isn't very active either. He does pop on from time to time but it's like every 5-7 days it seems.

Before the last little while though he was. Not sure if just a busy time for him. It will happen to everyone. MikeyScav though essentially answers a few comments and is gone for a week. He's been barely passing the 5 day rule and managed to last this long. Frankly he's the least active out of every GM still in the game.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:51 p.m.
Yes, GMs should have to go try and find their own AGM. I am sure for V2 it will be easier to get AGMs that can get onto their favourite teams.

I know for whomever takes Philadelphia, Racer243344 would be a great addition. Anyways, here is a list of users that might be interested in this - they are the ones who come to mind
Don'tToewsMe19
DoctorBreakfast
mtdavis311
Blazingbat11
EthanK14
AllThingsHockey12
Sahil2020
OpaqueZoo
tadhockey
William_Cardoso
Larkinisking
HockeyNM150
Racer243344
Jackson_Jung
Eli
flamesfan419
VincentLapointe
tqueen
lobbydangles
Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:54 p.m.
I think we can name names on who is active and who isn't. The fact of the matter is that we don't have solvency in our assistant general managers section of the game. I ran the ad for new assistant general managers, to no avail as we had around 3 interested, but never came over to the game.

This is a problem that will have to be solved in v2, where we ideally have more bodies. The advertisement is severely underutilized because many users do not go to the forums page to see it, where it is sticky-ed on the top of the page, they go thru the "Arm-Chair" section. Running another advertisement might be helpful, but it would have to be done during the rush hour of activity.

Ideally most teams have some sort of assistant on their roster, but I feel the legwork has to be done by them (the GM) to get people. I will soon publish a list of those who fairly active in the Arm-Chair section and are part of the 1% who are not completely delusional. My recommendation is to contact them on their most recent arm-chair team with a job offer.

Why not just have a waiting list for GMs? I mean we don't really need AGM's but if some want it thats fine but they don't need to be an assistant to be considered really. Just start getting names of frequent posters on the site and ask them straight up. Let the BOG vote on which one to get the next spot. Rather than just taking anyone. It shouldnt be first come first serve. It should be the best suited for the job and there are some guys in the Armchair section that should be selected over random 200 post commentors.
Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:36 p.m.
I like the idea of a waiting list, but it is only useful if we have GMs that are interested.

I anticipate taking a couple of days next week and reaching out to most of the aforementioned names about joining the game.
Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:27 p.m.
Banned
Is the NCAA/CHL bidding even necessary? I feel that there are maybe 4-5 guys that would have an impact on this game.
Aug. 21, 2017 at 3:18 p.m.
Is the NCAA/CHL bidding even necessary? I feel that there are maybe 4-5 guys that would have an impact on this game.

I have thought about this, and kind of agree. I for one, would only be bidding on Spencer Foo but I wouldn't really get him anyways.
DirtyDangles and Duster liked this.
Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:06 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

I have thought about this, and kind of agree. I for one, would only be bidding on Spencer Foo but I wouldn't really get him anyways.

Again, I don't see why we are spending so much time on an aspect of the game that, outside of 4-5 players, won't have an impact on anyone's roster.
Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:15 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

Again, I don't see why we are spending so much time on an aspect of the game that, outside of 4-5 players, won't have an impact on anyone's roster.

I've got a number of College FAs that I'm interested in and would definitely like to sign, we can't just ignore them and not let people sign them.
Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:19 p.m.
If GMs see the point in signing players that have a high chance of never coming over, that's their prerogative.

We will discuss a possible limit to players you can sign later in the week.
Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:29 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Second chance at FA's that didn't go in the first round as well. I posted the link to the list of those players in the UFA discussion thread.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:12 a.m.
Guys, LA gm hasn't been on for 5 days also.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll