SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Discussion Between BOG And Other GMs

Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:50 p.m.
Stickied
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
This thread is for discussion between the BOG members and other GMs.

You may bring up any issues relating to the GM Game in this thread.

Please try to be respectful if you are complaining about something.

BOG Members:
ricochetii
phillyjabroni
Turner33
Bo53Horvat
TonyStrecher
DarylthePony
Duster
Aug. 24, 2017 at 11:22 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles
I would say if picks had not been specified down to the exact pick switching hands then there is no deal yet.

Thats a minor factor. The fact is that we can reasonably assume that WhisperWhisper would accept the offer he made. We can further assume that they would have worked out the picks after the trade was accepted.
Aug. 24, 2017 at 11:29 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I would say if picks had not been specified down to the exact pick switching hands then there is no deal yet.

Thats a minor factor. The fact is that we can reasonably assume that WhisperWhisper would accept the offer he made. We can further assume that they would have worked out the picks after the trade was accepted.

Minor factor or not, it's not a finalized deal. And to claim that we know what Whisper would do is ludicrous after some of the trades he has done.
Aug. 24, 2017 at 11:53 p.m.
Here is the chain of events that I have taken into account.

Thursday, Turner inquired on the Toronto page about a possible deal involving Olli Maatta and Jake Gardiner. He (Turner) never made a concrete trade, however, WhisperWhisper did.
After WhisperWhisper made the offer (post #2350), to which they negotiated.
On post #2356, Turner told WhisperWhisper that he might pull the trigger on the deal the next day, to which WhisperWhisper replied with consent to post the trade (post #2357)
On post #2372, WhisperWhisper made a slight change in draft pick(s) involved, to which Turner replied that he was okay for whatever, giving consent to either deal that WhisperWhisper proposed (post #2375)

In my experience with trade negotiations, if you are not completely ready to pull the trigger, on a deal you propose, you should add that the offer is tentative. By not doing that, we can assume that you give consent to a deal. I think that we can reasonably conclude that WhisperWhisper would have confirmed the deal with Turner, if he didn't go AWOL.

My vote is to let the following trade be upheld (2-1)
Toronto Maple Leafs
Olli Maatta
Ville Husso
2018 7th round pick (STL)*

St. Louis Blues
Jake Gardiner
2018 5th round pick (NSH)**

*never specified
**worse of the two (NSH or BOS)

With the confusion of all this I was going to agree to the original he proposed, the one most in his favor.
Maatta, husso, 6th(only have one)
For
Gardiner
Aug. 24, 2017 at 11:58 p.m.
His past trades outcomes are not a reflection of how he negotiates. We are reasonably assuming based on how the negotiation ceased. The final step was his confirmation to a deal he proposed and had intent to make.

Turner could have easily accepted that deal on the spot, but said he didn't have a preference of the two. We can reasonably assume that WhisperWhisper would have confirmed the deal and then the pick(s) teams would be discussed, something that has never been an issue in the past; meaning if a team doesn't get a certain 5th round pick out of the possible options, it doesn't make the deal fold.

Again, based on past negotiation tactics and the intent to confirm the deal, I vote that the aforementioned trade goes through.

2-1 BOG vote
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:05 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: ricochetii

I don't see confirmation from anyone. I just see a bunch of "might" and "maybe", along with unspecified pieces being involved.
That's not a trade. That's a negotiation. It shouldn't be something open to interpretation.

It's an accepted practice that most teams disagreed that. You need to infer that there would have been confirmation. Negotiation ceased on post #2375 by Turner.

First part of that sentence does not compute lol. Needing to infer that there would have been confirmation only reinforces the fact that nothing was confirmed.
You don't get to say, "hold on, I might do this" then come back later and assume it's done. The other party could change their mind while you leave them hanging.
That's like handing another GM a blank check.

I guess I could look back at my offers and see if there's any I want to do now that the other guy isn't here to say no.
I'm sure I could interpret, assume, or or otherwise infer that they would confirm those trades.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:07 a.m.
It wasn't "hold on, I might do this". It was more "heres my counter, what do you say?" Turner accepted.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:37 a.m.
Go Habs Go
It wasn't "hold on, I might do this". It was more "heres my counter, what do you say?" Turner accepted.

Doesn't matter. Two parties can negotiate a contract and agree to meet and sign it.
If one guy doesn't show up, you can't just forge his signature and assume he will be okay with it.

I don't understand why this is even being considered. Seems cut and dried to me.
I'm done discussing it for now.
DirtyDangles liked this.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:29 p.m.
Guys what is there to talk about? At this point WW is about to be booted out for inactivity anyway. This makes no sense to make the trade accepted. IMO of course.

Turner, it sucks but that is the game bud. Maybe if, and its a big if, he announced he would be on vacation for the next week and he just left it at that, you could have the trade "unofficially" done pending his return but at this point, he should removed from the game for his terrible trades he's done alone, in addition to his inactivity lately. Making the trade now only negates the next GM's opinion of it.

Which btw BOG's, can we start booting GM's please? Even if we don't have replacements yet. They will come and it won't change anything anyway as the current GM's aren't even active enough for it to make a difference anyway.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:35 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: F50marco
Guys what is there to talk about? At this point WW is about to be booted out for inactivity anyway. This makes no sense to make the trade accepted. IMO of course.

Turner, it sucks but that is the game bud. Maybe if, and its a big if, he announced he would be on vacation for the next week and he just left it at that, you could have the trade "unofficially" done pending his return but at this point, he should removed from the game for his terrible trades he's done alone, in addition to his inactivity lately. Making the trade now only negates the next GM's opinion of it.

Which btw BOG's, can we start booting GM's please? Even if we don't have replacements yet. They will come and it won't change anything anyway as the current GM's aren't even active enough for it to make a difference anyway.

Lol. We're working on it. Proposal on the table and the recently inactive GM's have been notified and are being monitored.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:37 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii

Lol. We're working on it. Proposal on the table and the recently inactive GM's have been notified and are being monitored.

Ive been working on recruiting more AGM's lately. Hopefully some of them come.
ricochetii and Peterman liked this.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:39 p.m.
Also JT Miller isn't the only one that is past 5 days. LA and Toronto Gm's also.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:39 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Ive been working on recruiting more AGM's lately. Hopefully some of them come.

It will be easier to incorporate AGM's into V2 as well (I hope). Since things will be slower and more deliberate.

Also JT Miller isn't the only one that is past 5 days. LA and Toronto Gm's also.

Check their threads. They received their notifications.
We're working on a new system, but for now the old one is still in effect.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:46 p.m.
2-2
I cannot say that the trade was completed. My negotiations with PL the other day were further along and yet other GM's made offers on players involved because the deal wasn't confirmed in their eyes. I cannot say for certain what Whisper would have done.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:47 p.m.
NBABound
Woll_Smoth_original.jpg
Aug. 25, 2017 at 1:23 p.m.
Banned
I would like to draw attention to my post in the V 2 thread.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 2:21 p.m.
Quoting: Duster
2-2
I cannot say that the trade was completed. My negotiations with PL the other day were further along and yet other GM's made offers on players involved because the deal wasn't confirmed in their eyes. I cannot say for certain what Whisper would have done.

Whispers was already shopping husso. He turned down other offers for Gardiner, because he was already in involved in another deal. The deal was done in his eyes as well. Look at his profile and his last 3 or 4 posts
Aug. 25, 2017 at 4:05 p.m.
Quoting: Turner33
2-2

Whispers was already shopping husso. He turned down other offers for Gardiner, because he was already in involved in another deal. The deal was done in his eyes as well. Look at his profile and his last 3 or 4 posts

I will look...I recall his comment about gardiner being tied up and saying something about if it falls through...
Aug. 25, 2017 at 5:59 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
2-2

I'm torn on this issue, but I'll vote to allow this trade mainly because I know that Turner made trades presuming that he would be able to trade Maatta+ for Gardiner because Whisper had agreed to that.

3-2
Aug. 26, 2017 at 10:04 a.m.
Banned
So did anyone contact palhal? I know he is next in line but I don't remember ever seeing him do anything in this game so do we really want another inactive person taking over a team? Maybe we can move to the next guy?
Aug. 26, 2017 at 11:31 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: TonyStrecher

I'm torn on this issue, but I'll vote to allow this trade mainly because I know that Turner made trades presuming that he would be able to trade Maatta+ for Gardiner because Whisper had agreed to that.

3-2

4-2 to allow this trade.
Turner33 liked this.
Aug. 26, 2017 at 2:38 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
Hey BOG,

I want to inform you that I'd like the step down as GM of the Ottawa Senators. I haven't been able to be as active as I'd like to be and I feel it would be better to have somebody else take over. I'd love to stick around as an AGM so I'm still a part of the game but not having to be available every day. This game has been a lot of fun even through all the rough parts and I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store for V2. Also want to give a shoutout to Matt59 for giving me my first opportunity as an assistant in Columbus.
Max, phillyjabroni, Bo53Horvat and 7 others liked this.
Aug. 26, 2017 at 8:44 p.m.
Banned
Edited Aug. 27, 2017 at 11:16 a.m.
Delete
Aug. 27, 2017 at 11:17 a.m.
Banned
So what's going on with Ottawa? Can we get them a GM? If Palhal isn't around, which I have never seen him on here, can we please move to the next AGM?
Aug. 27, 2017 at 11:52 a.m.
So what's going on with Ottawa? Can we get them a GM? If Palhal isn't around, which I have never seen him on here, can we please move to the next AGM?

We are working on it. The BOG knows we need to replace JT_Miller.
Aug. 27, 2017 at 11:59 a.m.
Banned

We are working on it. The BOG knows we need to replace JT_Miller.

Toronto is out as well correct?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll