SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Discussion Between BOG And Other GMs

Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:50 p.m.
Stickied
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
This thread is for discussion between the BOG members and other GMs.

You may bring up any issues relating to the GM Game in this thread.

Please try to be respectful if you are complaining about something.

BOG Members:
ricochetii
phillyjabroni
Turner33
Bo53Horvat
TonyStrecher
DarylthePony
Duster
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:05 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Also just to mention that WerenskiWarrior hasn't been online for almost a full week as of tmrw afternoon. He's also rarely on to begin with.....

Talked to him today on Twitter. I am inclined to let him go for now. He is in the process of major adjustments in life at the moment and is starting college.

I have gathered the information I needed from him regarding v2. I will kindly ask him to get on some more, but that doesn't appear likely given his current situation
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:06 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

Here we go again with you being like this. Every day it's something. Just enough already.

We were having a discussion, I made a joke and he calls me cruel and asinine. Oh but when Cap makes a joke at someones expense he is all over liking it. Seriously. The hypocrisy is laughable.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:06 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Also just to mention that WerenskiWarrior hasn't been online for almost a full week as of tmrw afternoon. He's also rarely on to begin with.....

Talked to him today on Twitter. I am inclined to let him go for now. He is in the process of major adjustments in life at the moment and is starting college.

I have gathered the information I needed from him regarding v2. I will kindly ask him to get on some more, but that doesn't appear likely given his current situation

So maybe you should talk to him about being replaced and once he gets his everything together he can return to the game.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:07 p.m.
Mr_Cap makes a joke it's clearly a joke. Adding ellipses doesn't make it a joke.

Again, I am gladly interested in having a conversation on re-visting the rule. Why should we allow GMs who made ill-advised FA signings a "get-out-of-jail" card?

edit ; Mr_Cap and RAIF have a light relationship. I know they are meant in good fun. I can only speak on behalf of what I know
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:10 p.m.
Banned
Oh I guess I need to put all this so that you will know it's a joke

???????☺️???

I guess kids don't get humour without emojis

I am done talking to you Jabroni.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:11 p.m.

That sucks but unfortunately "them's the breaks". We fired previous GMs for the same thing and being subjective for him now is really not fair to the others. We had a rule and 90% of the Gm's have been able to abide by it so far. If IRL things are taking over, maybe its time to relinquish the duties that this game requires and let someone else take over who can.

Further to DD's joke....eeerrrr.....point about some teams not being able to make trades because of bad moves they made, having GM's who are constantly absent is a way bigger deterrent to making trades than being stuck by the cap moves they've made. IMO.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:11 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Oh I guess I need to put all this so that you will know it's a joke

???????☺️???

I guess kids don't get humour without emojis

I am done talking to you Jabroni.

Let's put it this way; The way you tell jokes sounds very far from what a joke from basically anybody else sounds like.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:13 p.m.
This is the internet. Again, I don't know the relationship status of you and RAIF. When Mr_Cap makes a joke its intent is good fun. I cannot conclusively say the same about you because I don't know you as well as I know Cap.

Why should we allow GMs who made ill-advised FA signings a "get-out-of-jail" card?

edit : if it was intended to be a joke, fine. I didn't see it that way for reasons above.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:15 p.m.
This is the internet. Again, I don't know the relationship status of you and RAIF. When Mr_Cap makes a joke its intent is good fun. I cannot conclusively say the same about you because I don't know you as well as I know Cap.

Why should we allow GMs who made ill-advised FA signings a "get-out-of-jail" card?

Exactly, RAIF knew the salaries he was signing those players to. Thus, he shouldn't be given the special privilege to be able to shed those players. He is now stuck with them until January 1st, end of story.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:17 p.m.

Exactly, RAIF knew the salaries he was signing those players to. Thus, he shouldn't be given the special privilege to be able to shed those players. He is now stuck with them until January 1st, end of story.

I'd like to have a discussion about it, though, instead of just writing it off.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:17 p.m.

The best part is that it only affects those UFA signed players. So it makes moving non signed players more of a priority.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:18 p.m.

Shall we move the discussion to the BOG thread or keep it here for public input?
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:19 p.m.

Shall we move the discussion to the BOG thread or keep it here for public input?

I'd rather just keep rolling here. I want to have a discussion.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:21 p.m.

I'd rather just keep rolling here. I want to have a discussion.

So the proposal is for free agents that were signed this offseason to be able to be traded. How do we all feel about this?
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:29 p.m.
If a GM were to sign an FA, specifically a player that they did not have the prior season, on July 1st, and then trade them in August, the following summer, the amount of FAs that would consider that team would fall dramatically as long as the GM who traded those players is still in the front office. There would need to be some way for that to be taken into consideration the following summer.

I don't quite understand the logic on pardoning GMs for ill-advised FA signings. It was made explicitly known that FAs signed in the offseason were not eligible to be traded until January 1, 2018. I think that in order to become a better GM, you have to face adversity and not be given do-overs for poor decisions. I don't think that we should give GMs a chance to revert any transaction that was poorly made.

If we want to avoid this happening in the future, we need to make GMs deal with the consequences of ill-advised signings, rather letting them just get a free pass for screwing themselves.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:31 p.m.
Coming up on 1 week of inactivity for WerenskiWarrior... very active on Twitter though
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:33 p.m.
Quoting: jmac490
Coming up on 1 week of inactivity for WerenskiWarrior... very active on Twitter though

I will talk to WW on Twitter. I contacted him today to get some info for v2 and learned that he is making some major renovations in life rn. I will ask him if he can devote 15 minutes of Twitter to the GM Game a day
Banned
You literally just argued for allowing transactions that would upset the balance of the game because that's the GMs fault yet you are putting these exact limitations in V2...

I will talk to WW on Twitter. I contacted him today to get some info for v2 and learned that he is making some major renovations in life rn. I will ask him if he can devote 15 minutes of Twitter to the GM Game a day

Just wanted to let you guys know... all good
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:35 p.m.
If a GM were to sign an FA, specifically a player that they did not have the prior season, on July 1st, and then trade them in August, the following summer, the amount of FAs that would consider that team would fall dramatically as long as the GM who traded those players is still in the front office. There would need to be some way for that to be taken into consideration the following summer.

I don't quite understand the logic on pardoning GMs for ill-advised FA signings. It was made explicitly known that FAs signed in the offseason were not eligible to be traded until January 1, 2018. I think that in order to become a better GM, you have to face adversity and not be given do-overs for poor decisions. I don't think that we should give GMs a chance to revert any transaction that was poorly made.

If we want to avoid this happening in the future, we need to make GMs deal with the consequences of ill-advised signings, rather letting them just get a free pass for screwing themselves.

OK well playing devils advocate, if a real Gm wanted to move a recently acquired player, he could. He'd lose street cred with future UFA's however.

All things considered the whole point of this rule was not to pardon GM's for bad signings, it was to stop GM's from hoarding players. Since we don't have player limit rule and moving any contract in this game is doable, so adding assets without giving anything other than imaginary money in return was essentially gaining players for free....since making cap space in this game is a lot easier than IRL.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:36 p.m.

Beat you to it. Sticking Out Tongue

Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:36 p.m.

If not, then we should replace him. Let him know that once his life renovations are over he can return to the game. More than likely as a AGM but still.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:39 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles
You literally just argued for allowing transactions that would upset the balance of the game because that's the GMs fault yet you are putting these exact limitations in V2...

I am contending that GMs should have to abide by the rules of trading FAs and not be given a pass for making ill-advised signings. They should have to deal with those repercussions.

The trade limit in v2 is used as a tactic to minimize complete roster turnover and make the game more realistic, something that was not around in v1.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:40 p.m.

If not, then we should replace him. Let him know that once his life renovations are over he can return to the game. More than likely as a AGM but still.

Yeah I know IRL can be more important which is fine but he has to make that distinction for the better of the GM game. Plus as Jmac said, its not like he doesn't have time, active twitter account but rarely engaging in the GM game.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:41 p.m.
I will reach out to WeresnskiWarrior about devoting some of the time that he is on Twitter re-tweeting and such to the GM Game. Even if it is 15 minutes a day, he will be active enough to answer any trade questions.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll