SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Dallas Stars

Dallas has a good defence but needs a better forward group

Aug. 27, 2017 at 7:56 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Dallas has Klingberg, Lindell, Oleksiak, Johns, Hamhuis, Methot, and then Honka and Heiskanen (hopefully i spelled his name correctly)should be in the NHL soon. Nothing wrong with their defence. The forward group is the problem. After Benn, Seguin, Faksa, Spezza, Hanzal, and Radulov, they don't have enough scoring. If i'm gonna think that the Stars' D isn't good enough but that their forward group is great, i need a reason. So far nobody's given me a reason. Could someone explain what's wrong with their D and what's so good about the forward group?
Aug. 27, 2017 at 11:26 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
You actually think that Dallas has a bad forward group? They just upgraded Sharp to Radulov and Eakin to Hanzal. In addition to what will most likely be one of the best lines in hockey (14-91-47), they good scoring depth throughout their lineup. Janmark and Ritchie are both extremely underrated. On the fourth line, rolling Shore, Mckenzie and Roussel is a great checking line. Hell, put Roussel on the third line and it's still good. I'm not sure what you aren't understanding about this.

Not sure if you know this, but Oleksiak is horrible. Like, god awful.
Aug. 28, 2017 at 11:53 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
You actually think that Dallas has a bad forward group? They just upgraded Sharp to Radulov and Eakin to Hanzal. In addition to what will most likely be one of the best lines in hockey (14-91-47), they good scoring depth throughout their lineup. Janmark and Ritchie are both extremely underrated. On the fourth line, rolling Shore, Mckenzie and Roussel is a great checking line. Hell, put Roussel on the third line and it's still good. I'm not sure what you aren't understanding about this.

Not sure if you know this, but Oleksiak is horrible. Like, god awful.

Oleksiak's got potential and is an okay bottom pairing d-man. And on forward, they still need another scorer. Their forward group isn't horrible, but i think they need one more scorer. Before this offseason the forward group was like, one of the worst in the league, but it's got better. I still think they need another scorer.
Aug. 28, 2017 at 12:51 p.m.
Below Market Value
Edited Aug. 28, 2017 at 1:45 p.m.
Okay, based on the players you listed, that's 6 "scorers" in their top 9 (Faksa will likely center the third line). Compared to other teams that's pretty good. You've failed to mention Janmark, Ritchie, and Shore, all of whom have shown the ability to score. Janmark put up 15 goals in his rookie season playing along side Spezza; so if you put him with a good center, he's proven to be able to score in addition to playing good defensively. Ritchie potted 16 goals while playing primarily in a bottom six role, and projects to be a potential 20-25 goal scorer. Shore got 33 points in his rookie season while also playing a bottom six role; and that was after missing half the previous season with shoulder surgery. Any of those guys can play a top six winger role. Also, Roussel can score 10-15 a season, and was on pace to score more than that last season before he got injured.

Also, why do you think they need another scoring forward when they have a pretty good puck-moving blue line? Klingberg, Lindell, Honka, and even Hamhuis are all at least decent at providing offense.

I invite you to make a list of other teams' "scorers" and compare it to Dallas.
Aug. 28, 2017 at 2:32 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Okay, based on the players you listed, that's 6 "scorers" in their top 9 (Faksa will likely center the third line). Compared to other teams that's pretty good. You've failed to mention Janmark, Ritchie, and Shore, all of whom have shown the ability to score. Janmark put up 15 goals in his rookie season playing along side Spezza; so if you put him with a good center, he's proven to be able to score in addition to playing good defensively. Ritchie potted 16 goals while playing primarily in a bottom six role, and projects to be a potential 20-25 goal scorer. Shore got 33 points in his rookie season while also playing a bottom six role; and that was after missing half the previous season with shoulder surgery. Any of those guys can play a top six winger role. Also, Roussel can score 10-15 a season, and was on pace to score more than that last season before he got injured.

Also, why do you think they need another scoring forward when they have a pretty good puck-moving blue line? Klingberg, Lindell, Honka, and even Hamhuis are all at least decent at providing offense.

I invite you to make a list of other teams' "scorers" and compare it to Dallas.

I mean a point every 2 games kind of guy ... the Islanders forward group is not great either, and they have more scorers than Dallas.
Aug. 28, 2017 at 3:24 p.m.
Can't say I agree.. Dallas has quite the offsense group, D and G killed them last year.

giphy.gif
Aug. 28, 2017 at 3:50 p.m.
Below Market Value
Edited Aug. 28, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

I mean a point every 2 games kind of guy ... the Islanders forward group is not great either, and they have more scorers than Dallas.

I'm sorry, but Dallas' forward group is much better than the Islanders', regardless of the tiresome "point every 2 games" argument you like to rehash.
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 1:48 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Rangers. Stop being biased to the Islanders. Please
Aug. 29, 2017 at 5:40 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
Rangers. Stop being biased to the Islanders. Please

i think the Isles' forward group is in the bottom half of the league, but i also think Dallas' is.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 5:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Energetic
Can't say I agree.. Dallas has quite the offsense group, D and G killed them last year.

giphy.gif

but WHY is the question? Why do you think Dallas' forward group is so good?
Sep. 23, 2017 at 4:18 p.m.
Gosh I love these threads, always get a good kick out of them

Krakowitz, of course Oleksiak is good! He won gold medals at the Olympics as a teenager, how better can yo- I've just received word that I'm talking about the wrong Oleksiak Confused
MotherRussia liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll